Cards made the Right Decision on SUGGS

MadBird

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
I think the Cards got it right on this idiot -- he's a headcase and will be nothing buyt trouble for the Ravens. He has major BUST written all over him and I thought so before the draft. Good call Cards -- all the "experts" were wrong and you were right!

From PFW:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TERRELL THINKS HAZING SUGG[K]S

Our friends at WNST radio in Baltimore (who are sufficiently
unstable to invite us on the air every Monday morning) tell us that
Ravens first-round linebacker Terrell Suggs isn't reacting well to
the standard hazing routine that goes with being an NFL rookie.

Apparently, Suggs was very pissed about the pie-in-the-face
routine from Ray Lewis. Suggs likewise got miffed when
teammates hid his helmet prior to a training camp scrimmage.

Word is that Suggs hasn't lashed out about the treatment he's
received, but his silence and facial expressions in the wake of the
practical jokes and rookie ribbing indicates that he's not happy
with life as an NFL newbie. We also hear that Suggs is keeping
to himself, and not blending in with his teammates.

We're surprised by this news. When Suggs was drafted by the
Ravens, we assumed that Ray Lewis would be the best guy to
help Suggs overcome the apparent mental lapses that hampered
the former defensive end's pre-draft workouts -- and not just
because of Lewis's penchant for keeping cutlery in his limo.

Now, we're wondering whether Suggs will be everything that we
thought he could be in Baltimore.

And if we were counseling Terrell, our advice would be simple:

"Lighten up, Francis."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadBird
"Lighten up, Francis."

Now, that's funny!:D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a baby! Im glad and this seems appropriate :wave:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
As I said!

Yes, I was calling for mutany when it happened draft day!

By the way a little ketchup, and some Pototoes. Med-Rare.

And the crow goes right down the hatch! MMmmm ....... diseased!

:thumbup:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is kinda like the Leftwich post last week that went something like ". . . aren't we glad that we didn't draft this guy because he is holding out." And then he signs and throws bullets all over the field in his first game.

What has happened up to this point by no means indicates that T. Suggs will be a bust.

In any case, I am NOW glad that we did not take him.

SwingOnThis

Reaction score
I seem to recall a TE named Jeremy Shockey who was unhappy w/ the hazing he was receiving w/ the Giants and even started a fight in the cafeteria. So i really don't think this has any bearing on whether Suggs is a 'bust' or not.

Besides, it's a wee bit too early to call anyone a bust after 2 pre-season games, don't you think?

Reaction score
First off, I agree that the Cards made the right decision on Suggs.
There were too many questions, and he didn't really fit the need of a NFL Defensive end. And I am glad they passed on him.

But secondly, this article is dribble! It has nothing to do with whether Suggs will bust or not. To assume so because of his response, or lack thereof, to rookie hazing is pure stupidity.

I for one think hazing is immature and stupid. It is in high school, it is in college, and it is even more so in the NFL. I guess I would probably respond to it about the same as Suggs has... Or maybe not that well!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess some people need to gloat over any "bad" news over guys like Suggs, Boston and Plummer,et al, in order to validate their decision to be Cardinals fans. I don't. This isn't even "bad", it's just "fluff" from the most laughable source on the net, profootballtalk.com.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes a buzzkill who alienates himself from the group.

But I agree, it doesn't really give evidence to the "bust" tag that's been placed on him. We'll just have to wait a few games to really see what he's all about.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This article means nothing but the one about him skipping meetings does, Before the draft I wanted Suggs more than anyone but I am happy with the 2 players we got. Pace is looking good and has a great attitude. Johnson has more of an uphill struggle than pace because of his position and being a WR giong from Joe Pa's offense to an NFL offense. He has a big learning curve but I'm hoping he will develope into a very good player. Personally I hope Suggs does well. He's not on a rival team, heck he's not even in our conference. If he does bad in Baltimore people can blame it on the position change and they will still say we should've taken him at 6 and he would've done good at his natural position, DE. That's just the way it is, especially for the Cards. The only way to avoid criticism is if Pace plays well, which I think he will.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
If Suggs can't handle some good ribbing, stuff that happens to all rookies in one form or another, then he thinks he is better then that. Seriosly, if this is the worst problem he has then I have thsi for him: :violin: A rookie who alienates himself from the team this early could have some trouble later on.

adam

seesred

Reaction score
Why would anyone call Suggs bad news. He was great here in the valley. I wish him greatness in Balt. So he hates the hazing, I would to.

GBR

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has there been any hazing of Pace, BJ, Anquan, or any other Rooks?
I read somewhere where Mac discourages vet hazing of rooks.

But there have been references to rookies carrying veterans' pads and having to sing at dinnertime.

I'd guess, therefore, that a little bit of low-level, good natured hazing is considered acceptable, but that a very distinctive line has been drawn by Coach Mac.

Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Has there been any hazing of Pace, BJ, Anquan, or any other Rooks?
I read somewhere where Mac discourages vet hazing of rooks.

But there have been references to rookies carrying veterans' pads and having to sing at dinnertime.

I'd guess, therefore, that a little bit of low-level, good natured hazing is considered acceptable, but that a very distinctive line has been drawn by Coach Mac.

Good for Mac! That hazing BS is high school stuff, particulaly anything that is meant to humiliate the subject of the hazing. It does nothing to build team morale, in fact I would say it accomplishes the opposite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05