CARDS "Mock-Draft" on ESPN tomorrow...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was the Lions' turn today so tomorrow should be us. I caught it on ESPN2 between 11:00 A.M. and 11:30. Not sure if you guys are (2) or (3) hrs. time-difference behind me. I'm in S.C. (Eastern-Time) Anyways, just wanted to give everyone a "heads-up". GO CARDS!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
From ESPN ? This should be great. :grabs:

I can hear it now.......

In the first round the St. Louis Cardinals will trade Anquan Boldin, and Karlos Dansby to the Dallas Cowboys for Roy Williams and a first round pick.

1st round pick: Who cares it is the Cardinals.

In the second round the Phoenix Cardinals will trade there 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to the Patriots for Kelley Washington and Heath Evans.

etc., etc.

I hate espn.

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Rugby.. Nice touch w/the St.Louis/Phoenix references.

BUt, I hear ya. It'll probably be (30) seconds of what the Cards might do, and then... TOMORROW we'll be "previewing" the Cowboys' draft. BUT I am so loooooking forward to the day that the Cards WIN the Super Bowl, and then everyone at ESPN will have to "talk" about it. I'm laughing to myself just thinking about it. Can you imagine?? See, being a "fan" of ANY other team in the NFL would NEVER provide such a "satisfying" moment in life! GO CARDS!!

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
BUt, I hear ya. It'll probably be (30) seconds of what the Cards might do, and then... TOMORROW we'll be "previewing" the Cowboys' draft. BUT I am so loooooking forward to the day that the Cards WIN the Super Bowl, and then everyone at ESPN will have to "talk" about it. I'm laughing to myself just thinking about it. Can you imagine?? See, being a "fan" of ANY other team in the NFL would NEVER provide such a "satisfying" moment in life! GO CARDS!!

You nailed it. Whats more satisfying......a Cardinal superbowl win to a Cards fan or a Cowboy/Pats/Indy/etc win to their fans.

I would love to watch those snapperheads at ESPN scramble like idiots to try and cram on Cardinal knowledge. LOLOL.....reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Lisa steals all the teachers editions and panic ensues. "does anyone know the multiplication tables !? "

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely!!

I can almost hear Chris Berman... "The Cardinals have WON the Super BOWL"!! "Let me say that again in case you didn't hear me right". "The Cardinals have WON the Super Bowl!!". Course, they'll probably "zing"-us with... In yet another "sign" of the approaching "Appocalypse", the Arizona Cardinals have WON the Super Bowl!! Man, I can't wait.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I can almost hear Chris Berman... "The Cardinals have WON the Super BOWL"!! "Let me say that again in case you didn't hear me right". "The Cardinals have WON the Super Bowl!!". Course, they'll probably "zing"-us with... In yet another "sign" of the approaching "Appocalypse", the Arizona Cardinals have WON the Super Bowl!! Man, I can't wait.

With Boomer, what would really make it sweet, would be beating SF in the NFC Championship game, then beating Buffalo in the big dance.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
With Boomer, what would really make it sweet, would be beating SF in the NFC Championship game, then beating Buffalo in the big dance.

No, sweeter would be having a first round bye, beating the defending champs NY then Dallas in the NFC championship game at home and THEN beating the Patriots in the Superbowl.

Wait, sweet would be just making it to the playoffs at this point. I'll take that right now. Once we get there, then let's talk about matchups.

Another thing, what if the Cardinals were 8-0 at the start of next year, would ESPN have to talk about them and how good they are or would the say, yeah, nice start by them but the 4-4 cowboys are still the best team in the NFC.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
You just know they'll spend the next decade saying, "The Cards, who have only won one superbowl in their 100+ years of existance, [fill in blank with current news event]."

When we beat Dallas in the play-offs I was sure they finally stop saying, "havent won a play-off game since 1947." Ever since, they've replaced it with, "...have only won one play-off game since 1947."

Freaking frustrating.

Go Cards!!!

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Paola Boivin was the guest on First Take, and she said that the Cards are definitely looking at Cornerback in the first round, and submitted Mike Jenkins (about whom there are apparently come character concerns?) as the Cards' pick.

But I don't really believe their mock draft, since the reporter for one team had like Buffalo or someone taking Sam Baker in the Top 10. :doi:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paola Boivin was the guest on First Take, and she said that the Cards are definitely looking at Cornerback in the first round, and submitted Mike Jenkins (about whom there are apparently come character concerns?) as the Cards' pick.

But I don't really believe their mock draft, since the reporter for one team had like Buffalo or someone taking Sam Baker in the Top 10. :doi:

I just did a mock draft on another site and i selected Mike Jenkins as the Cardinals pick. Cromartie was already off the board.

gamblinjonny

Reaction score

That will be great when this happens, but I remember when ESPN had to talk about the Dbacks winning the World Series over the Yankees. I'm sure there were a lot of pissed off employees at ESPN who had to deal with that in the off-season, and that was a very satisfying period of time in my life.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05