Cards NFLE RB Robinson has over 100 yrds again!!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
If we were gonna cut MARcell, why didnt we just trade him to Houston for that 4th rounder?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
If we were gonna cut Marcell, why didnt we just trade him to Houston for that 4th rounder?

Becuase Houston didnt want to trade him for a 4th rounder. They were offering a much lower pick.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Becuase Houston didnt want to trade him for a 4th rounder. They were offering a much lower pick.

According to the story in the republic they callled expressing interest and Denny flat out said no we are happy with our depth as it stands.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Are Redman and Anderson still on the team and/or where do they fit in if Robinson makes the active roster?

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
After watching all eight games

Roger "Rabbit" Robinson

PROs

He has great speed and burst.
He cuts well.
He knows when to studder step for a hole opening and when to cross the grain.
He churns his feet when tackled behind/or at the L of S.
He uses his blocks well and prefers to follow available blocking.
He's tough and keeps on tickin'. He averages about 23 carries per game.
Great balance. He must be tackled solidly. Ankle slaps (ala T. Jones) won't bring him down.
He makes quick decisions that usually maximizes the situation.
His greatest asset is his remarkable field of vision.
Once he's beyond the scrimmage line, he's pure terror.
He's an adequate receiver for a RB. Really, can't tell much on this account as he was usually shadowed by defensive player(s) starting with game 2.

CONs

He fumbles in spurts. Needs to cover the ball more with both hands, especially near the goal line or when he goes low and "squirts" for the extra yards.
For a rookie, he blocks OK if the QB stays in the pocket. If QB is outside the pocket, Roger seems lost.
He may be the product of the best run blocking OL in the NFLE.

POSSIBLE CONS

Might need to develope NFL stamina. He was often spelt by Franklin Delano "Butchie" Wallace.
Could probably benefit from an additional 10 lbs.

PROJECTION:

Type of back who has a -2 yd run for every 7 yd run. If he's a good receiver, he could be this year's 3rd down back. At minimum, he has all the makings of a KR and possibly PR.

For sure, when he shows up for minicamp, he going to be one piece of tenderized meat from all his carries.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
rabbit record

Roger Robinson ran for 133 yds on 32 att for a 4.2 average. HIs longest was 21 yds. He also had a reception for 12 yds. His season rushing total of 1087 yd is 30 yd more than the previous NFLE rushing record held by Mike Green in 2001. Frankfurt won and is in the World Bowl.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camshaft said:
Roger Robinson ran for 133 yds on 32 att for a 4.2 average. HIs longest was 21 yds. He also had a reception for 12 yds. His season rushing total of 1087 yd is 30 yd more than the previous NFLE rushing record held by Mike Green in 2001. Frankfurt won and is in the World Bowl.

And where is Mike Green today?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
And where is Mike Green today?

He was a 250 lb RB who played FB with the Titans becuase they had Eddie George who was an Iron man and never missed a game. Even benching highly sought after FB for the Titans Greg Comella for half the season.

Later he couldnt take the switch to FB became unmotivated and lazy. That got him cut and he couldnt catch on with another team after that.

Robinson not only broke the old record he shattered it. He did it in one less game then Green did. The Talent level is also higher in NFLE then it was 5 years ago. NFL teams are now sending 25% more players to NFLE and 25% more of them are making the NFL rosters after the cut downs.

How that will translate in training camp for Robinson no one knows, could be a bust or he could become a nice contributor. But there is no denying that it is encouraging and he is in no way comparable to Mike Greens situation.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Well said Joe. Shane why are you hating on Robinson?

I dont hate him. I just dont see him as a true NFL talent. Time will tell.

I dont agree with Joe's assessment that Talent is better in NFL europe now. Robinsons bread will be buttered on special teams.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Over 250 NFL allocated players and Robinson looks like he will be the MVP, but your right..... he isn't true NFL talent..... You missed your calling, you are should have been a talent scout for the NFL.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Over 250 NFL allocated players and Robinson looks like he will be the MVP, but your right..... he isn't true NFL talent..... You missed your calling, you are should have been a talent scout for the NFL.

I know. He couldnt make the active roster for a team last year and was relegated to a practice squad.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I watched the game today. He at times looked pretty quick and shifty. On his big play of the day (and a huge play for the winning drive), he made a cut back and ran back against the flow of the play and broke a long run. Thing is, on the run he almost looked like his legs were out farther than his body, his torso looked like it was behind the legs.

Above and beyond anything else, even if the guy makes the team, he's going to be broken and run down from all the extra hitting from the NFLE season.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The intangible that Robinson migh have over previosly successful NFLE rb's is attitude/personality. I don't know much about Mike Green but if he's anything like Lawrence Phillips, ability isn't the issue. I believe Phillips, had he had a different head on his shoulders could easily have been a productive, if not good NFL rb. Robinson seems to have legitimate talent and will add depth to the Cardinals roster.

Hypothetically speaking, I would probably take him over Shipp and Arrington if there was a choice to be made. I'm not giving up on either of those guys but Robinson is healthier than Shipp and has better size than Arrington. You could put him on special teams and get some productivity and he has enough running skill that I think he could fill in if necessary.

I congratulate Robinson for having a great NFLE season and likely earning himself an opportunity to play in the NFL.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I dont agree with Joe's assessment that Talent is better in NFL europe now. Robinsons bread will be buttered on special teams.

The numbers dont lie, it is a fact.

There are more players in NFLE that make NFL rosters then there were in 2001. And more Teams are sending more of those players over now. In the past teams were forced to send guys over their by the league. Now teams are willing sending their young talent over there, more then their limit, and they arent just sending their scrubs anymore. Of the playoff teams this year each had an average of 5 players with NFLE experiance. That number was an average of 3 for the 2001 playoffs. It is easy to see the talent has gotten better over the years. And being one that has watched NFLE since its birth the difference is like night and day.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
The numbers dont lie, it is a fact.

There are more players in NFLE that make NFL rosters then there were in 2001. And more Teams are sending more of those players over now. In the past teams were forced to send guys over their by the league. Now teams are willing sending their young talent over there, more then their limit, and they arent just sending their scrubs anymore. Of the playoff teams this year each had an average of 5 players with NFLE experiance. That number was an average of 3 for the 2001 playoffs. It is easy to see the talent has gotten better over the years. And being one that has watched NFLE since its birth the difference is like night and day.

Well I guess because you say so it must be true. I personally find NFL europe football nauseating. After about two games every year I have had enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05