Cards/Panthers prediction

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards fans suck on the road too! Cards 28 - 21 Panthers, freakin get behind your team people your attitude needs to change on the road if you expect the teams to as well.
How does making a pick against the Cardinals affect the Cardinals? That's just stupid.

You're saying always taking the cardinals despite the facts at hand is better than trying to make an accurate selection of the winner is going to be? Wow. These threads would be so much fun.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards fans suck on the road too! Cards 28 - 21 Panthers, freakin get behind your team people your attitude needs to change on the road if you expect the teams to as well.

Someone had a little too much Koolaid this morning.

:koolaid:

Name me the last time the Cardinals beat a quality team on the road.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
Rayzor clearly your a Panther fan and thats fine, but get a clue of reality man. Jake will NOT have a clean jersey at the end of the day, unless your offensive line possesses some magical power to stop a very aggressive defense. Take a look at some stats and see how many times we hit the QB this year before you come saying JD is gonna be clean at the end of the game and tear of the cards D which has been solid except for one game this season.
his jersey will stay clean. the line will protect jake and the panthers will protect their house. by the end of the game that last sentence will read, "the cards D which has been solid except for two games this season."

the panthers pass defense will shut down the cards passing game just like they did the saints.

this will be reality.

by the looks of things....you are in the minority in being optimistic about your teams chances. maybe you are the one who is a little out of touch with reality.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't know, there's just some sort of cosmic synergy between the Panthers uniforms, Brian Bosworth, and our new pet, rayzor.

Panthers 101
Cardinals 3

Jake throws for 12 td's, Carolina's secondary intercepts Warner 52 times, and Williams/Stewart rush for a combined 784 yards. And... they look just totally awesome doing it. I mean totally bitchin' awesome.

Afterward, we can sit around the campfire and learn all about Jonathan Stewart and how scoring more points than the other team inevitably led to to the big win.
sounds like a plan.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
my prediction:

for the first quarter and a half, Jake Delhomme looks like Tom Brady and the Panthers score 17 pts. Meanwhile, Kurt and Co. play a conservative, low risk 50/50 run/pass scheme and score all of 3 pts.

John Fox feels comfortable, and pulls the reins in, content to run the ball.

In the second half, Cards come out with 4 wide and shotgun and score two TDs.

Later, of course, the Cards D on 3rd and 21 give up a 84 yard td to Steve Smith to fall behind by a TD heading into the 4th quarter.

Cards later block a punt, where Eric Green had the ball in his hands in the endzone but cant control it --- it goes out the back for a safety. Cards down by 5.

Warner leads a waning moments drive to win the game. 1st and goal at the 6, :11 left and no timeouts.

I dont know if he completes one of his next three chances to win or not. I guess I will have to watch.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one thinks we can win. Not one so called expert (outside of Arizona). We are doomed. We can't possibly win this game. Everybody says so...........................................................................................................just the way we like it!

:newcards:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gotta go with nashman. Cards win thgis one going away. Panthers'll take them TOO lightly, after the N'arlins victory. Big RED steps up and shocks the football world.
31-17

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
No one thinks we can win. Not one so called expert (outside of Arizona). We are doomed. We can't possibly win this game. Everybody says so...........................................................................................................just the way we like it!

:newcards:
Except for Ditka... we are doomed. :thud:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
This is actually a very interesting question, so I had to go look it up.

The last time the Cards won a road game against a team that finished with a winning record, was week 12 of the 2001 season when they beat the Raiders 34-31. Oakland finished 10-6 and won the AFC West that year and lost in the divisional round of the playoffs to the eventual Superbowl Champion Patriots.

That same year in week 4, the Cards won in Philadelphia 21-20. The Eagles that year went to the NFC Championship game and lost to the Rams.

Since 2001, all 11 road wins have been against losing teams.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is actually a very interesting question, so I had to go look it up.

The last time the Cards won a road game against a team that finished with a winning record, was week 12 of the 2001 season when they beat the Raiders 34-31. Oakland finished 10-6 and won the AFC West that year and lost in the divisional round of the playoffs to the eventual Superbowl Champion Patriots.

That same year in week 4, the Cards won in Philadelphia 21-20. The Eagles that year went to the NFC Championship game and lost to the Rams.

Since 2001, all 11 road wins have been against losing teams.

Wow, it doesn't look promising. Flush the tank. But wait, we aren't talking about your pappy's Cardinals team. Lets start down another road and see some different sights from this moment on. Go Cardinals!

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Cards 31
NC 10

Cards stay in the midwest for a week to prepare for the Rams game

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
THis is going to be another great game to watch. Overall both teams are evenly matched.
Keys will be of course no mistakes and an intensity level not previously seen on the road. THe dedacle in NY will continue to be a valuable lesson.
ALso blitz pick up and quick reads by Warner early on are essential to get the O in rhythym.
I believe in the end our passing game will trump their running game though and we bring home a victory
Cards 24
Panthers 22

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
How does making a pick against the Cardinals affect the Cardinals? That's just stupid.

I think we saw evidence of it vs the Cowboys and the Steelers last year. I remember alot of the players mentioning all the 'talk' from the media and fans that Cardinals wouldn't be able to win those games. It certainly impacted on their motivation and subsequent outcomes of the games.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

It wasn't that long ago that certain people were saying when was the last time the Cardinals beat the Cowboys?

When was the last time the Cardinals defeated an undefeated team?

When was the last time the Cardinals posted a winning record at home?

Do you always look at the past and assume that it will be that way forever, dude?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers 34

Cardinals 27

Cards stay in it till the end but the road jinx continues :( hope i'm wrong and we win but with the way history points out odds aren't in our favor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05