Cards Pick #116: OG - Earl Watford

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm excited about this kid. Other famous JMU NFL Alum:

Charles Haley and Gary Clark.

Gary Clark didn't turn out too bad for the Cards. He should make an impact this year, it looks like the Cards Oline issues may finally be getting better.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Physically the guy is freakish! Ran a 4.97 40 and had the best broad jump for o-lineman at the combine!

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Saw a little of Watford on tape when a buddy of mine who saw him play told me about him. Very good technician that has a mean streak and is a bull in the run game. I think he may be more suited to a zone blocking scheme but he is a very good player to have for depth.

I like this pick.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@mikejurecki: Earl Watford started all 11 games @ guard in 2010, in 2011 started all 13 games at left guard, started all 11 games in 2012 was team caption

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I really dig this pick. I thought he would be a 5th rounder, but looks like we got him the round before. Big, quick athlete with long arms. Dominated his conference and showed well in offseason all start games.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspect that our center next year will be a guard today on the roster.

You truly have a deep rooted hate for Sendlein. Not saying he can't be upgraded but 80% or more of your posts reference him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You truly have a deep rooted hate for Sendlein. Not saying he can't be upgraded but 80% or more of your posts reference him.

I saw a better center in Snyder personally.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought I saw Watford listed as a later round pick on some of the Mock Drafts here.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hey admins..... Change the title and sticky this thread please.

Poor guy isn't getting any love! lol

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought I saw Watford listed as a later round pick on some of the Mock Drafts here.

You did and IIRC it was in one of Chopper's threads or he was the one who talked about him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Not my official one which sucks. I have liked Watford since I watched him during the East/West game. I saw his size at the weigh ins, long arms, heard good practice reports and then saw him look ok in the game. He was originally a 6th or 7th round guy, but after that week some had him moving up and some didn't.

Arians actually looked me off putting him in my official mock draft for the Cards. All of the Potter and Massie to OG talk made me think they would draft Quessenberry over Watford because Quessenberry was a taller, leaner OG while Watford is squattier.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This dude really stood out at the E W Shrine game. Solid pick.

Now I think it's safe to say Snyder is a goner.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This dude really stood out at the E W Shrine game. Solid pick.

Now I think it's safe to say Snyder is a goner.

Why Snyder over Colledge? Snyder's ability to play Center might keep him around a bit.

What are the cap hits for dropping Adam or Darryn?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Snyder over Colledge? Snyder's ability to play Center might keep him around a bit.

Colledge is a better player than Snyder IMO. Cutting Snyder doesn't change the cap any this year. Cutting Colledge saves 450K

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can Snyder beat out Sendlein? I like what I saw from the last game he played there.

That puts Colledge on the outside looking in.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colledge is a better player than Snyder IMO. Cutting Snyder doesn't change the cap hit any this year. Cutting Colledge saves 450K

Colledge is definitely the better player. One of those guys will likely be stating IMO Watford starting is probably unlikely this year.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards messed up trading back and missed out on Barret Jones - rams took him. 2 picks earlier

Jones would have been a much better pick

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What does cutting Snyder and Colledge do to our cap? Just asking, not advocating.