Cards@Ravens Poll

Cards Win or Lose?

• Total voters

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can and might win, if Matt Leinart is on his game. Until Leinart actually wins a road game, I cannot predict a win.

My gut says we do break through and win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still a show me guy - they showed last week they could rebound from a tough loss and capitalize on a mistake from an opposing team in the next game, but until I actually see them pull out a game on the road, especially against a historically good team, I'm chalking it up as a loss.

But as usual, i hope to be proven wrong. I actually see our first road W coming against St. Louis in week 5, putting us at 2-3 and in pretty okay shape going into the last 11 games of the season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can and might win, if Matt Leinart is on his game. Until Leinart actually wins a road game, I cannot predict a win.

My gut says we do break through and win.

Didn't we beat the Niners and the Rams on the road, with Leinart at QB, last year? That's why your gut is saying "win".

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The team believes, the odds are 60 40 they lose, but that's an improvement.

Those odds are about par for the NFL in that case,

The Ravens are tough but beatable, any given Sunday.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
If you check the defense stats after 2 games, you'll see the Cards are ahead of the Ravens in every category. (The Cards are further ahead if you check the offensive stats).

Not trying to argue - just stating a fact.
I'm not sure how you can say that... They are better in most categories shown below (rushing yards allowed, total yards allowed, and defense rated as #4 vs. #8 for Cards. And rushing defense is ranked #2 vs. #10 for Cards. )

Cards Ravens

282.0 Opp. Total Yards Per Game 270.0

92.0 Opp. Rushing Yards Per Game 62.0

190.0 Opp. Passing Yards Per Game 208.0

8/10/9 NFL Rank-Total Defense/Run/Pass 4/2/16

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this is a great opportunity for the cards. I didn't buy into the ravens this year and their play thru two games certainly isn't what we saw last season. They were the best defense in the league last season. They dominated people with their pass rush and coverage abilities. This year isn't the same. Their defense looks sluggish(by their standards) thru 2 weeks and who knows what their offense will do. They may be better in that regard. A win over the ravens would be huge for the cards. It could be one of those wins that take them to the next level. just because the ravens are thought to be a good team.....especially at home. I think the cards can pull this one out. The ravens aren't what they were last year. The matchup to watch is leinart vs. lewis. If lewis get's that defense going, leinart could be in for a long day.

Last edited:

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
whilst i love the upbeat nature on here at the moment the fact that we have won (or i think i read this somewhere) only 5 of our last 32 road games makes me think we will be lucky to get anything.

so i say no.

If we win then its another massive corner turned with a tough first half of the schedule to come we will need it.

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
Sorry i just don't see the Cards going to Baltimore and beating one of the AFC's elite teams who are a possible playoff contender.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can say that... They are better in most categories shown below (rushing yards allowed, total yards allowed, and defense rated as #4 vs. #8 for Cards. And rushing defense is ranked #2 vs. #10 for Cards. )

Cards Ravens

282.0 Opp. Total Yards Per Game 270.0

92.0 Opp. Rushing Yards Per Game 62.0

190.0 Opp. Passing Yards Per Game 208.0

8/10/9 NFL Rank-Total Defense/Run/Pass 4/2/16

My apologies - I did misread the passing stats.

One might argue, however, that the Ravens stats are against Thomas Jones and Rudi Johnson, while the Cards stats are against Shaun Alexander and Frank Gore.

But I won't argue that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05