Cards scouting Marcus Vick

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Remember, the Cardinals where scouting and following Ben Rothlisberger last year. And Graves did want to draft him. But the ultimate call is with Denny, and whether he likes the prospect enough to draft them.
Actually, it is with Graves and Mike Bidwill.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Remember, the Cardinals where scouting and following Ben Rothlisberger last year. And Graves did want to draft him. But the ultimate call is with Denny, and whether he likes the prospect enough to draft them.

Just like our Scout team...scouting a player that's already on an NFL team....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
Just like our Scout team...scouting a player that's already on an NFL team....

Yep you can just hear the conversations too.

DG: Man Rod this whataburger kid is amazing, can you imagine him throwing the ball to my godson every week?

Graves: Uh Denny you do know we already passed on him last draft to take Larry, Ben plays for the Steelers now we can't draft him.

DG: But I want him, he'd be perfect it MY SYSTEM that worked so well in Minnesota and is making that Manning piker look so good in Indy now.

Graves: Sorry Denny, league rules, can't draft players off other teams.

DG: Crap, that really sucks now I'm depressed, who can I cut to make me feel better?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Yep you can just hear the conversations too.

DG: Man Rod this whataburger kid is amazing, can you imagine him throwing the ball to my godson every week?

Graves: Uh Denny you do know we already passed on him last draft to take Larry, Ben plays for the Steelers now we can't draft him.

DG: But I want him, he'd be perfect it MY SYSTEM that worked so well in Minnesota and is making that Manning piker look so good in Indy now.

Graves: Sorry Denny, league rules, can't draft players off other teams.

DG: Crap, that really sucks now I'm depressed, who can I cut to make me feel better?

Russ is on a bit of a roll today. Classic stuff.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be watching Saturday nights U of M / Va Tech game with extreme interest. My guess is he will be exposed a bit. Miami's Defense will be the first one he has faced this year. If he tears Miami up, then he must be one helluva an athlete. I just don't see him as an NFL QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
I will be watching Saturday nights U of M / Va Tech game with extreme interest. My guess is he will be exposed a bit. Miami's Defense will be the first one he has faced this year. If he tears Miami up, then he must be one helluva an athlete. I just don't see him as an NFL QB.

I agree he will struggle against a real defense.The over/under in that game shold be about 20. I can't see VT's offensive line handling Miami's DL at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Russ is on a bit of a roll today. Classic stuff.

And about an hour later we cut Ray Walls!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I agree he will struggle against a real defense.The over/under in that game shold be about 20. I can't see VT's offensive line handling Miami's DL at all.

The fear for Miami is Kyle Wright, if he has to throw a lot they could be in trouble he's still way too careless with the ball, you throw 2 picks against Duke in a game you win 52-7, something's not right. Coming off a 3 pick game against UNC. Has the size and the arm but Va Tech has a way of making runs off their defense turning you over.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Right now the odds are Miami VA Tech -6.5 Over/Under 41

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
The fear for Miami is Kyle Wright, if he has to throw a lot they could be in trouble he's still way too careless with the ball, you throw 2 picks against Duke in a game you win 52-7, something's not right. Coming off a 3 pick game against UNC. Has the size and the arm but Va Tech has a way of making runs off their defense turning you over.

The 3 pick night against UNC will make the OC smarter. He admitted , he never should have been calling deep patterns in a post hurricane 35 MPH wind. I don't even know if Miami will throw the ball in this game. It should be a yawner for non Miami Va Tech fans. Very low scoring.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
The 3 pick night against UNC will make the OC smarter. He admitted , he never should have been calling deep patterns in a post hurricane 35 MPH wind. I don't even know if Miami will throw the ball in this game. It should be a yawner for non Miami Va Tech fans. Very low scoring.

I dunno...I think VaTech wins handily. I dont think the Miami can block Daryl Tapp. He may have 3 sacks. I also think VaTech has played a couple of really good defensive teams and done a very good job. Against WVU, and BC Vick was able to move the ball both on the ground and in the air....

We will see what happenes but 31-17 final is what i am predicting

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
I don't think his brother is that good... He is highly overrated. Sure he is mobile, but his passer rating has never been too good. Not to mention the press he gets for being a running back playing QB. It is not like he is the only player who allows Atlanta to win. The team is fundamentally sound, and win regardless of who is their field general.

San Diego sure got the better of that deal.

You must be drunk. All Atlanta does is go to the NFC Divisional Championship game in Vick's 1st season as a full-time starter, and then goes to the NFC Championship game last year. Their stadium has been sold out before the season even starts three years running.

For as good as LT is, the Chargers don't sell out their games. They've been to the playoffs one time, and got bounced in the first round by an inferior Jets team.

Both in the wins column and on the ledger sheet, the Falcons took advantage of the Chargers in that trade. Sorry.

And, Snakester, who was a better prospect than Vick in that draft, I mean, really, who had a higher ceiling? Leonard Davis? Please.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
You must be drunk. All Atlanta does is go to the NFC Divisional Championship game in Vick's 1st season as a full-time starter, and then goes to the NFC Championship game last year. Their stadium has been sold out before the season even starts three years running.

For as good as LT is, the Chargers don't sell out their games. They've been to the playoffs one time, and got bounced in the first round by an inferior Jets team.

Both in the wins column and on the ledger sheet, the Falcons took advantage of the Chargers in that trade. Sorry.

And, Snakester, who was a better prospect than Vick in that draft, I mean, really, who had a higher ceiling? Leonard Davis? Please.

I don't know LT has a much higher passer rating than Vick this year.

3-3, 3 td's 15.67 YPA, 158.3 passer rating(perfect).

Maybe Vick isn't the only guy playing out of position. :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I don't know LT has a much higher passer rating than Vick this year.

3-3, 3 td's 15.67 YPA, 158.3 passer rating(perfect).

Maybe Vick isn't the only guy playing out of position. :D

:p

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I dunno...I think VaTech wins handily. I dont think the Miami can block Daryl Tapp. He may have 3 sacks. I also think VaTech has played a couple of really good defensive teams and done a very good job. Against WVU, and BC Vick was able to move the ball both on the ground and in the air....

I couldnt have been more wrong. VaTech didnt look like they were ready to play and Vick looked intimidated.....Great job from Miami's defense.

AzWins23

Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

I hope you didn't predict the cardinals winning today :p :p

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Vick and Va Tech were exposed last night.

Marcus is a great athlete who is playing street ball. He, like his brother would make one helluva slot back, KR,CB. Never at QB.

Va Tech does not have a sophisticated offensive scheme. They play great defense and special teams and rely on busted plays for an offense. This year over rated.

Miami on the other hand has the total package. They are a botched field goal away from being undefeated and are only getting better with each game. The underclassmen who are in key positions are playing like upper classmen. That game just won the ACC recruiting war for Miami and the football predictors who were salivating over Va Tech, will be doing some elective memory cover stories now.

Go Canes

P.S. Va tech Plays dirty. Beamer coaches dirty. Classless.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Marcus Vick and Va Tech were exposed last night.

Marcus is a great athlete who is playing street ball. He, like his brother would make one helluva slot back, KR,CB. Never at QB.

Va Tech does not have a sophisticated offensive scheme. They play great defense and special teams and rely on busted plays for an offense. This year over rated.

Miami on the other hand has the total package. They are a botched field goal away from being undefeated and are only getting better with each game. The underclassmen who are in key positions are playing like upper classmen. That game just won the ACC recruiting war for Miami and the football predictors who were salivating over Va Tech, will be doing some elective memory cover stories now.

Go Canes

P.S. Va tech Plays dirty. Beamer coaches dirty. Classless.

Now I just need Miami to lose the ACC title game, I need 'Bama to lose, and either UCLA to beat USC or Texas to lose the Big 12 title game. Then...muhahaha...Penn State sneaks in to the Rose Bowl once again :D

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

You already gave me his name. LT So far Michael Vick has only had one good year and that was 2002. He's in his fifth year now and still can't throw the ball worth squat. He is the best running QB in the league no doubt. But he has already been having injuries to his legs. He may have a couple more years of running around, but sooner or later he is going to have to be a pocket passer and when that happens he will be out of football because he just can't do it. His completion percentage for his carreer is only 53.5%. He also has trouble holding on to the ball. He fumbled 16 times last year. Even Josh McCown isn't that bad.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
After watching that game, I think I would pass on Marcus Vick, unless I drafted him as a running back in the second or third rounds.