Cards scouting Marcus Vick

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bickley & MJ also said one of the reasons that the Cards are iinterested in Marcus Vick is for the name recognition. With the new stadium opeining next year they want to create a so called "buzz" with the fan base. Have a player that fans could get excited about. Michael has certainly done that in Atlanta.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
az jam said:
Bickley & MJ also said one of the reasons that the Cards are iinterested in Marcus Vick is for the name recognition. With the new stadium opeining next year they want to create a so called "buzz" with the fan base. Have a player that fans could get excited about. Michael has certainly done that in Atlanta.

See now that would be one of the dumbest things I ever heard this team do. Get good players and win.. forget names.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Would Vick last until the second round if he came out?

Maybe, depends on what Juniors come out at every position. But most likely to be sure we would either trade down or trade back up into the 20-25 range of the 1st round.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Would Vick last until the second round if he came out?

Doubt it, he wouldn't come out if he didn't know he was going in round 1, unless he has bad grades.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
az jam said:

I have no doubt they know that he went for a look, he was spotted at the game, but as for intentions of the looksy thats just pure speculation.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
every team in the nfl is scouting him...don't be foolish enough to think the Cards are the only team. ALL 32 teams are.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
ARZCardinals said:
every team in the nfl is scouting him...don't be foolish enough to think the Cards are the only team. ALL 32 teams are.

I highly doubt all 32 teams are really looking at him.

INDY, NE, PHILLY, PITT, SD, ATL, SEA, ect.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Not saying he's the first guy in history to have sex with a 15 year old but Bidwill seems to be very concerned with those sort of things.

I guarantee he's not the first guy, but hopefully the other guys are only 16 or 17 years old . . .

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can he pass block? Can he run block?

Seriously, the addition of one player - whether it be Leinart, Vick, Young, Hawk or Bush - isn't going to turn around this franchise.

It will need an infusion of bigger, tougher and stronger players at the "collision positions."

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

It will need an infusion of bigger, tougher and stronger players at the "collision positions."

And TE's, FB's, WLB's, MLB's, FS's and yes even QB.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
With the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select Ray Honduras quarterback, Virginia Tech...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Off Topic

“Tom Delay would have you believe that Ronnie Earle is a vicious partisan Rotweiller.
Funny you should mention this. Just this morning it occurred to me that following DeLay's logic, Sandra Day O Connor (who was reported to have been publicly upset at a GOP election night party when it looked as though Bush would lose Florida in 2000) should have recused herself from voting on the Florida chad issue because of her visibly partisan behavior.

(Sorry to go off topic. But I've been thinking about this all day).

seesred

Reaction score
IMO Marcus has a much stronger arm than his brother who hardly ever throws the ball with accuracy. He is a strong kid with big time speed. I hope he stays one more year in college to help himself polish his game. That being said if it was our pick and he was sitting there I just might be tempted. It's true we have many needs. Both lines and if JJ can't get it done a RB. Most can be picked up in the draft or by FA. In those areas for the most part Green is very,very good.

GBR

As for the political thing their all crazy and for the most part idiots.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Marcus is a better QB than Michael Vick is from what I have seen. Some say he is just as good of a runner as Michael is but I don't agree. If we were to take him it would be as a second round pick. I just can't see us spending a first rounder on him. But then Micheal Vick was a high first round pick and I didn't think he should have went that high either.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Snakester said:
Marcus is a better QB than Michael Vick is from what I have seen. Some say he is just as good of a runner as Michael is but I don't agree. If we were to take him it would be as a second round pick. I just can't see us spending a first rounder on him. But then Micheal Vick was a high first round pick and I didn't think he should have went that high either.

Snakester: If the Cards really want him they will have to take him in the first round. He won't declare if he doesn't think he will be a first round pick and from everything that I have read about him, he will be a first round pick. He won't be the first qb taken that will be Leinart but Vick should be there when the Cards pick which is most likely anywhere between 5 and 15. (too early to predict) I think the Miami game this week will be a good test to see his real worth.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
az jam said:
Snakester: If the Cards really want him they will have to take him in the first round. He won't declare if he doesn't think he will be a first round pick and from everything that I have read about him, he will be a first round pick. He won't be the first qb taken that will be Leinart but Vick should be there when the Cards pick which is most likely anywhere between 5 and 15. (too early to predict) I think the Miami game this week will be a good test to see his real worth.

I've only watched a couple games of his so far and I didn't review them. I will tape the Miami game and get a better feel for just how good he is. I am just not that impressed as of now. I would much rather us draft Leinart if possible. I wanted us to take Roethlisberger last year and we took Fitz instead.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
seesred said:
IMO Marcus has a much stronger arm than his brother who hardly ever throws the ball with accuracy. He is a strong kid with big time speed. I hope he stays one more year in college to help himself polish his game. That being said if it was our pick and he was sitting there I just might be tempted. It's true we have many needs. Both lines and if JJ can't get it done a RB. Most can be picked up in the draft or by FA. In those areas for the most part Green is very,very good.

GBR

As for the political thing their all crazy and for the most part idiots.

Actually Marcus is much more accurate than Michael was in college. Liek I sad before Beamer came out and said that Marcus needs to run more b/c he stays in the pocket too much. Marcus is a pass first QB. Well right now anyway...

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I would love to get Vick.....just not with a high first-rounder.v I brought him up earlier and the year and the board's reaction was lukewarm at best.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Mike Vick fan but if Marcus is a legitimate NFL passer than I'm all about it. I like mobile QBs but I don't like running QBs.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
“Tom Delay would have you believe that Ronnie Earle is a vicious partisan Rotweiller.
Funny you should mention this. Just this morning it occurred to me that following DeLay's logic, Sandra Day O Connor (who was reported to have been publicly upset at a GOP election night party when it looked as though Bush would lose Florida in 2000) should have recused herself from voting on the Florida chad issue because of her visibly partisan behavior.

(Sorry to go off topic. But I've been thinking about this all day).

Jeff- Why would the Republicans have been having an election night party when it looked as though Bush would lose Florida in 2000? Do you mean 'dem yellow dog donkeys instead?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
ARZCardinals said:

I doubt NE is...

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Screw Vick, I want Luke McKown.

Maybe if we combine the brothers McCown's powers we can get a decent quarterback. Maybe if we are lucky someone of the Billy Joe Hobert variety.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Remember, the Cardinals where scouting and following Ben Rothlisberger last year. And Graves did want to draft him. But the ultimate call is with Denny, and whether he likes the prospect enough to draft them.