Cards/Seattle prediction

Seahawker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
hey, Seahawker, nice post and good argument. You are always welcome here.

What's the scoop on Jerramy Stevens (do I have that right?), your talented but troubled TE?

Thanks Skkorpion.

Stevens didn't play much in the opener because he's bothered by one of those high ankle sprains. But from what I hear he should see more time this weekend.

Itula Mili is probably still going to start however.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards fix most of the ST problems.
Seahags exposed.

Cards 27
Hags 24

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Re: Re: Who's Afraid of the Seahawks?

Originally posted by Seahawker
Here's a better link for you guys to review our performance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=230907026

Look at the 1st and 2nd quarters specifically. The Saints did a whole lot of nothing, while the Seahawks erupted in the 2nd Quarter. All those yards, T.O.P., first downs, etc. came in the 2nd half when the Saints were down by 21.

Yes we were outgained, but if you look more in detail to those numbers you could see that the Seahawk defense put the Saints offense in lockdown for the whole half. The only Saints scoring drive came after a penalty and really short punt by Tom Rouen. And when you start at the 43 with John Carney as your kicker...you don't have to go to far to get points...

Numbers don't tell the whole story here.

Seahawker:

ESPN's GameTrack is my resource, too. Really invaluable.

O.K., I looked again at the first two quarters. What I saw was two teams that each had three punts and a score in their first four possessions. Then I saw the Saints, trailing 7-3 with the ball, fumble at their own 37. One cheap TD later, it's a 14-3 game. Then, after holding the Saints to 12 yards and one first down, Seattle makes their 2nd-and-last drive of 40+ yards, and goes up 21-3 at the half.

That's it. Seattle had 78 total yards of offense in the second half. Got held to field goals after recovering fumbles on the NO 38- and 30-yard lines. Stopped another Saints drive with an INT.

I didn't say that the Seahawks played a bad game, or anything like it. My point was that regarding the Hawks as some sort of offensive juggernaut, in the wake of a 119-yard passing performance by Hasselbeck, and a game in which they converted 1/4th of their third downs, may be a little premature.

As a Cardinals fan, I'm not afraid of the Seahawks this Sunday. And I think the Cards can win that game, if they don't give it away. Again.

WC

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Forecast This Week

3/4 of the margin of victory (or defeat) will depend on mental stuff. Without knowing whether our coaches and players players are willing and able to correct the penalties, the wasted timeouts, poor special teams play and ball-protection letdowns by the QB - it's impossible to know how the Cardinals will do on Sunday.

If we correct the miscues, we have a fighting shot at winning. If not, foggediboudit.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with Wildcard.

Other than the 2 drives in the 2nd quarter, Seattle didn't do that much offensively. Even then they were aided with a healthy 26 yd interferance call. The quick 35 yd TD pass to Robinson after Michael Lewis's fumble was the killer.

I was at the VA hospital in Spokane this week, and while there, saw a local press conference with Holmgren. He is taking a very low profile laid back approach to the game (nothing really new for him) and seems quietly confident, yet making sure he doesn't say anything to agitate the Cards.

I do think they have the most balanced offense in the NFC West but if Stevens does have a high ankle sprain, I'm going to be surprised if he is very effective, if he does play, and Mili doesn't not scare me much. He only caught one pass last week and I see no reason to expect any sudden great production out of him.

I think the Cards can reasonbly contain Alexander. They probably won't completely shut him down, but i don't think he will run wild on the Cards either.

The thing that does frighten me most is their WC passing attack. I look for Bobby Engram to possibly be a key. He could have a big day against the Cards. They seem particularly vulnerable to the quick slot passes....ala Rod Smith of Denver. Our CB's tend to play off the WR's too much, in my opinion, and those 5-7 yd completions could be the downfall of the Cards. If they stop a decent amount of those, they should win the game.

I think the Cards can run on Seattle. If Big can't play that will hurt that a little though. Dishman is normally a pretty good run blocker. If he really played as bad as soom claim last week, I still don't expect that normally from him, so even if Big doesn't play I still think they will do OK there.

Special teams HAVE to improve. Going into this season I thought they would be fine there, but through pre-season that has been a big concern. I still blame Bobblehead Billy G. for a lot of the KO return woes. He cannot be allowed to continue with those anemic kick offs, I don't care how accurate he is.

I think Seattle's secondary is generally pretty good. Trufant may just take Springs job away from him, but they have no depth. If anyone else back there goes down, or can't play, Seattle is in big trouble. I'm hoping Gilmore can play, he could have a big day.

I will still stick by my prediction:

Cards 24
SeaHawks 17

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sorry, but the brutality continues. Seahawks 38 Cards 24 and it won't seem that close.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
With our reciever corps undermannned and Boldin no longer a secret our offense will struggle. Our weak D line will also leave us exposed . Ferguson will want this one bad and with his knowledge of our personell and system they will have an edge. THe only hope is the weather and Freddie Jones, and that wont be enough.
And with Hanks special teamns in the tank this one will be ugly.
I hope Im wrong but...
Seattle 38 Cards 20

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by daytripper
With our reciever corps undermannned and Boldin no longer a secret our offense will struggle. Our weak D line will also leave us exposed . Ferguson will want this one bad and with his knowledge of our personell and system they will have an edge. THe only hope is the weather and Freddie Jones, and that wont be enough.
And with Hanks special teamns in the tank this one will be ugly.
I hope Im wrong but...
Seattle 38 Cards 20

I wonder if Fergie has our signals? I wonder if they have been published on the INet yet?

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Tobin has them in Detroit. Fergie in Seattle, Rice and Pittman in TB, Aneas in St Louis, Boston and Lassiter in SD. Not to mention Warhop in Dallas among others. Id say theres no reason to post them on the net.
Our line calls and D calls all already common knowledge around the league.
I wonder how bad of a beating we'll have to suffer through this year before the league steps in and demands that The Bidwills upgrade the team to a competitive level.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our line calls and D calls all already common knowledge around the league.
Would you care to enlighten the rest of us ignorant souls as to where there exists any tangible verification of this "all-knowing" statement?

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
24-42

err, oh wait, that was last week. I mean:

42-24 because Seattle gets a case of penalty-itis and dropsies.

Boldin will catch 2 passes for 18 yards, no TDs (only because I'm starting him in my fantasy league).

Seattle will FAIL to get a sack or a pick (only because I'm starting their 'D' in my fantasy league).

K. Robinson will catch 1 pass for 3 yards (only because I'm starting him in my fantasy league).

4 out of 5 Dentists recommended this ANTI CURSE over the leading brand. It works everytime.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Would you care to enlighten the rest of us ignorant souls as to where there exists any tangible verification of this "all-knowing" statement?
Are we a little edgy today?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle 28 Cards 17 Hope it doesn't go this way but unless our D comes up with some turnovers we are no match for Seattle.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This game will be ugly. The cards will not improve on ST and the WR's we do have wont produce. The only hope is TO's, we didnt get any last week but if we get a few this week and score off them we could stay close. Another thing is the tackling. If you dont know how to tackle properly you wont stop alexander. The guy is a machine. The only bright spot will be billy G. The cards lose 28-12.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
35-17 Seattle. The Seahawks will move the ball that will today. I'll be surprised if the cards get any pressure on Hasslback If the Cardinals' special teams are half as bad as last week they will still be twice as bad as they should be.

Tango, no one on this message board can prove that that Detroit players were responding to the Cardinals signals, but there were a handful of Cardinals players who were convinced that was happening. It did make some sense.

BTW, Sean Salisbury picked the Cardinals over Seattle as his upset of the week on ESPN today.

Joe Mama

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I think I maybe a bit confused as to what exactly Detroit was "stealing". Was it the handsignals coming in from the sideline to determine the next formation/play, defensive audibles, or just blitz packages. In any case, it seems that if we haven't changed them in 6 or 7 years anyone that has scouted us more than once (prolly the entire NFL) would have them.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are we a little edgy today?
Yeah, it's JUST me. Questioning a statement that would appear to be an exaggeration. We will see what happens today, but the only FACT so far is that Mac dismissed that idea as ridiculous, so therefore I don't see why my asking for verification of such a statement is anything outlandish. :confused:

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
We 19 Them 14 in late comeback

101 degree heat and conditioning a big factor. Plus no penalties or turnovers.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I expect us to play with 0 turnovers this week. The first play a pass to big bang then we hit the ground. We were able to run on the hawks last year where even TJ had a career game.

Cards 24
Hawks 17

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardiologist
I think the Seahawks running game will help them control the ball in the first half giving them a 13-3 lead. In the second half, the Seahawks have more room to pass and their QB burns the Cards for 3 more TDs. "Big Bang" Boldin will have another 100 yards receiving, despite the added attention due from last week's record breaking performance but only 1 TD with the final score being 34-17 Seattle.
missed it by 21 points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05