Cards Sign TE Jeff King

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure this is some attempt at being a smart alec but...

Definitely not an attempt at anything but being serious. I was just trying to figure out the Cardinals TE situation with Housler, King, Dray and the talk of signing Heap. I'm surprised at your reaction.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Cards Front Office, this signing barely registers on the all in scale.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good signing. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless. Just sayin.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I assume we will have at least one other TE in camp but it looks to me we will be rolling with King, Dray & Housler in the regular season.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not an attempt at anything but being serious. I was just trying to figure out the Cardinals TE situation with Housler, King, Dray and the talk of signing Heap. I'm surprised at your reaction.

Gotcha, was the timing of the post. My apologies.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
If the Cardinals signed Heap, I wonder how they would use Rob Housler who was apparently brought in as a TE receiver?

I think you answered your own question. You can run two receiver sets and have King block and Housler run a route, you could put him in the slot, and you could line him up in single TE sets in passing situations.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Good pickup. Between King and hopefully Housler, our TE core is better than it's been under Whiz, not that that's saying much.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It looks like Housler will have no competition at all and will be the starter from day one.

I am thinking Housler will likely be the #3 TE all season--him coming in will obviously tip off defenses since he is just a receiving threat only. King is a veteran and Dray has a season in the offense...neither may be the threat receiving the ball Housler has the potential of being but they have a more rounded game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This. We didn't have a TE on the roster to tip our running plays to the opponent. Now, we do! :D

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I am thinking Housler will likely be the #3 TE all season--him coming in will obviously tip off defenses since he is just a receiving threat only. King is a veteran and Dray has a season in the offense...neither may be the threat receiving the ball Housler has the potential of being but they have a more rounded game.

Housler has way more talent than the others. It's like putting tarzan with Jane. If Housler isn't starting within 4 games its a mistake. Housler has way too much talent to play behind anyone else on the roster.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sando wrote that King has aspirations to be a football GM one day. Maybe the Cards got Graces' replacement too!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Housler has way more talent than the others. It's like putting tarzan with Jane. If Housler isn't starting within 4 games its a mistake. Housler has way too much talent to play behind anyone else on the roster.

Fail!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well I hope you are right because King is a damn good TE. If Housler supplants him 4 games in as a rookie we have found a star.

If not, then King will just keep bringing toughness, intelligence, and tenacity.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Housler is faster than King but King is stronger than Housler. King is proven in the NFL and Housler did not exactly come from a powerhouse in college. I like the Housler pick but King was a needed aspect of our TE position...someone who can block

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
The J. King signing is SOOOOO Cardinals. In fact I chuckled when I saw it. I'm not saying anything bad, in fact I wholeheartedly agree with Shane when he says:
But, it is just so vanilla...as in, it is in no way spectacular or truly game changing one way or the other (see: Becht, Gandy, Haggans, McFadden, Lenon, etc...). In other words...nice signing Cards...Yawn.