Cards Sign TE Jeff King

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Housler has way more talent than the others. It's like putting tarzan with Jane. If Housler isn't starting within 4 games its a mistake. Housler has way too much talent to play behind anyone else on the roster.

Housler is nothing more than a #4 receiver at this point, he needs to learn to be a true TE. King and Dray are TE's first and foremost...the TE's in this offense will be asked to block first. Housler will see the field a lot in obvious passing downs but I really doubt he starts a game all season.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
cmorgancbsfoxazCraig Morgan
by Cardschatter
Blocking TE #JeffKing on playing for the #Cards: "Arizona is a good fit for me. I think just schematically I fit in well to what they do."

No wonder, he sounds like an engineer. :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rod Graves is working the plan...blocking TE and resigned the P. Championship!!!

(I like the signing but with some of the names/needs on the market and Sendlein, wish we were announcing this Friday.)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a good signing. I would like Heap or miller, but this is a solid signing. Normally we'd get a guy which appears to be like this weeks into the fa signing period. It just appears like a 3rd rate signing weeks in, but this is a guy who would have been in demand and I'm glad we were proactive to get him. This is a grit signing, and one that makes the team immediately better without him needing the ball.

We also play 2 te sets, so it is very possible to have a king/housler or king/heap package. Of course we'd have to sign heap first, but with the way we use te sets, I wouldn't rule it out. We have kept 4 te's before, and Dray to me is still a bit of a question mark.

I doubt this guy would be available in a few days. Without knowing the contract details, I'd suspect this is a great 'value' signing. A type of player good teams have on their roster. So yeah, good pickup.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hope he pans out, and helps our blocking for the run good pickup though

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they should just glue his ass onto Levi so maybe the two of them can cover the edge rusher

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
This is a huge upgrade of the TE position. Great signing that helps the offensive line. Plus it gives Housler time to develop into the Jermichael Finley role. That guy has got 4.4 speed, let him line up against a 5.10 nickelback.

Now for some much needed help at qb and ol.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
I had to look it up, but I remembered him as the guy who scored on us last year when we played the panthers in their 1 of 2 wins haha

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Rod Graves is working the plan...blocking TE and resigned the P. Championship!!!

(I like the signing but with some of the names/needs on the market and Sendlein, wish we were announcing this Friday.)
no doubt. Probably not too many fan bases out there discsussing the likes of who is better, King or Housler. Especially after a 5-11 season and no QB or DL on the roster.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There goes Todd Heap or Zach Miller.

19 receptions for 121 yards and 2 TD's? Hope he can block a river.

Yes he can.

He most certainly can block a river.

WOW! Can't believe it. Been touting this guy for years. Awesome signing. He is going to start right away, and he will make a difference.

Huge pickup.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It looks like Housler will have no competition at all and will be the starter from day one.

No way Housler will have a chance at beating out Jeff King.

King is the starter, and should be. He can play any down.

You will be pleasantly surprised.

LOL, I feel silly for being so amped up about a blocking TE, but the Cardinals have been lacking there for SO LONG.

King, Housler, and Dray - not a bad core.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like it. He doesn't catch a lot of passes, but he's only 27 and he's a great blocker. Nice move, FO.

Great value signing...outstanding blocker..can actually catch if called upon..if this is the thought process going into the pickings in the candy store we will get fat!!!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I see whats happening. we are going to sign a bunch of guys that can block, probably 2 more blocking tight ends, let Stevie B walk, grab a full back and throw the ball 45 times a game.

But, but, but the QB will have all day to throw with all that great blocking in front of him.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This is a huge upgrjade of the TE position. Great signing that helps the offensive line. Plus it gives Housler time to develop into the Jermichael Finley role. That guy has got 4.4 speed, let him line up against a 5.10 nickelback.

Now for some much needed help at qb and ol.
We can now cause match up problems with king inside and Housler in the slot blocking a small db.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it is a solid signing, but I have yet to see any numbers... If we overpayed for him it is awful considering we are on the verge of potentially losing both Breaston/Lutui....

has anyone seen the numbers of the deal?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Cards Front Office, this signing barely registers on the all in scale.
But signing King was a solid below-the-radar signing of the type that builds the belly of the roster. It filled a need in a very solid way.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But signing King was a solid below-the-radar signing of the type that builds the belly of the roster. It filled a need in a very solid way.
True. But it going to take a lot more than Jeff King and a QB to improve this team from 5-11 to 11-5.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it is a solid signing, but I have yet to see any numbers... If we overpayed for him it is awful considering we are on the verge of potentially losing both Breaston/Lutui....

has anyone seen the numbers of the deal?

No shortage of $$$ for either Lutui or Breaston and the market is setting their price.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only negative to this signing is that it was really our first move in this offseason.

Hi expectations for getting a QB etc etc and re-signing several of our own and we get a very non sexy pick.

I like the signing a LOT.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to look it up, but I remembered him as the guy who scored on us last year when we played the panthers in their 1 of 2 wins haha

nice find

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I love this move......King instantly makes our offensive line less offensive and the goal line offense less predictable.
Cannot remember the exact stats, but didn't we have our best success passing from the two WR set last season??
Two wide, two TE, single back.....hard to predict when your TE can catch or block.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bump:

Strange. I've watched ESPN and NFL Network the last couple of days and both still list King as a free agent.

I'm guessing this is a typo.