Cards v Hawks predictions!

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Let me start by saying this: Unlike last week, this is not a game for the Cardinals that will not necessarily determine if its a playoff team or not, a good team or not, etc. Of the 31 teams that could play at Seattle this week, I am guessing that at least 30 of them would be underdogs, with maybe Pittsburgh being a pick 'em kind of game. Short of a win, I want a solid effort.

With that in mind, I think the Cardinals lose -- something like 27-20.

Seattle can be the master of "keep away" football -- those long time consuming drives where Alexander runs for 4 yards a pop, Hasselbeck completes a bunch of six yard passes on 3rd and five -- and all of a sudden, eight minutes of game time have elapsed and the Cards are down a td. The Cards have to be efficient offensively right out of the gate or it could be 17-3 at the half.

If the Cards are to win:

1. Win the redzone contest. Seattle will move the ball -- but limiting their drives to more FGs than TDs keeps the Cards in the game. Conversely -- the Cards will get their chances in the red zone -- and have to cash them in.

2. Take care of the ball -- for any chance of victory -- the TO margin has to be no worse than equal.

3. Big special teams play -- to win an underdog game on the road, I think the Cards will need one score off a short field set up by their special teams

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way the Hawks won't be pumped up for their home opener. The Cardinals cannot stop Alexander. O-Line issues torpedo the Cardinals running game.

Hawks 32

Cardinals 16

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brighteyes said:
I Believe.

I Believe Edge breaks 100 yards, Warner has a 300 yard + passing game, and at least one receiver goes over 100 yards. I believe our O-line pulls together for their best game in 2 years.

I believe Clancy has the defense ready. Hasselbeck is sacked 3 times, and hurried enough he has nightmares of swooping Birds for a week. I believe Rolle and Hayes get one turnover each.

I believe Q makes another dazzling play, breaking 4 tackles for a touchdown. And Rackers kicks a 50 yarder at the end of the first half.

I believe our time has come. 34 - 24, Cardinals.

:koolaid:

:beer:

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
To heck with all this negativity, I'll save that for non-Cardinal boards.

Yes, the Cards showed little defense last week, but that could just be because the 49er offense is better than anyone thought. The Seahawks showed nothing offensively and I find it hard to believe that the Detroit defense is that good. The Seahawks have a poor pass defense and Warner should be able to pick them apart.

AZ - 27
Sea - 14

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet on the cardinals and raiders money line (win straight up) I bet 10 dollars. If they both win I win like 10 billions dollars.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
gusmahler said:
To heck with all this negativity, I'll save that for non-Cardinal boards.

Yes, the Cards showed little defense last week, but that could just be because the 49er offense is better than anyone thought. The Seahawks showed nothing offensively and I find it hard to believe that the Detroit defense is that good. The Seahawks have a poor pass defense and Warner should be able to pick them apart.

AZ - 27
Sea - 14

Great point. Cardinal fans predicting a loss!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break. Everyone guilty of doing that should be beaten severely. Even if McGinnis were coaching us with Blake as QB, DO NOT come on this board predicting a loss. Cardinals will play very well & it will be close, but the Cardinals will prevail.
AZ - 27
Sea 24

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
Great point. Cardinal fans predicting a loss!!!!!!!!!! Give me a break. Everyone guilty of doing that should be beaten severely. Even if McGinnis were coaching us with Blake as QB, DO NOT come on this board predicting a loss. Cardinals will play very well & it will be close, but the Cardinals will prevail.
AZ - 27
Sea 24

It seems someone is missing the concept of reverse psychology

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean we have to predict the Cards will finish 16-0 every year?

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
For the second time this season, the offensive juggernaut that is the Arizona Cardinals leads the league in scoring in their surprising 31-13 upset of the Seattle Seahawks. For the second consecutive week, Kurt Warner throws three touchdown passes prompting comparison to 1999's Greatest Show on Turf, but this time, he's doing it on grass.

The Seahawks had no answer to the Cardinals' 1-2 punch of Warner's passing and James' running, and the game left hometown fans wondering about the flaws in their offensive line.

When asked if the Seahawks showing against the Cardinals this week and their lackluster performance against Detroit last week was evidence of the Super Bowl loser's curse, the normally staid Mike Holmgren launched into a tirade that guaranteed Sportscenter coverage until the team's next kickoff.

For his part, Dennis Green reported that he was happy with the win, but that he still saw room for improvement in the linebacking corps after a rusty Karlos Dansby missed a sure interception that turned into Seattle's only touchdown.

---------------------------

This year is going to be special. :koolaid: :beer:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
They own us.

Seattle 34
Cards 10

They did last season but that doesn't matter now.

Cards- 34
Hawks- 31

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Without Hutch at LG, Alexander has only an okay game. 7O some yards and one td. Hassleback throws for two TDs. And Josh Brown makes one from thirty yards and boots one from 42 yards.

Kurt Warner, on the other hand, throws for three touchdowns - again. One each to Fitz and Quan, and one to Edge. That's right, Edge catches his first TD as a Cardinal. And rushes for another score. Add in a 49 yard Rackers kick.

Final score:

Seahawks - 24
Cardinals - 31

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
red desert said:
Without Hutch at LG, Alexander has only an okay game. 7O some yards and one td. Hassleback throws for two TDs. And Josh Brown makes one from thirty yards and boots one from 42 yards.

Kurt Warner, on the other hand, throws for three touchdowns - again. One each to Fitz and Quan, and one to Edge. That's right, Edge catches his first TD as a Cardinal. And rushes for another score. Add in a 49 yard Rackers kick.

Final score:

Seahawks - 24
Cardinals - 31
Hair splitting time here, I think you've got Seattle scoring 27 in this scenario.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards 35
Seahawks 21

Think this is the correct score, we show everyone we are for real!

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Does that mean we have to predict the Cards will finish 16-0 every year?

Of course not. I was being tongue in cheek about people here being too negative.

But I do think it's true that we're being harsh on the Cards. I was complaining to a friend of mine about the Cards and he pointed out that (1) the Cards lead the NFL in scoring; and (2) the Seahawks have yet to score a TD all season.

Yes, you could look at the negatives and realize that (1) the Cards are 30th in the league in scoring defense; and (2) the Seahawks are tied for 3rd in scoring defense. But I'm a Cardinal fan, so why should I look at the negatives now, instead of remaining hopeful.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They barely beat the freakin Lions guys I mean come on! Of course we have a shot, we have a huge shot with our Offense we could run them off the field if we show up to play. I don't care how good they think their D is it cannot, CANNOT stop our offense if we get it going! They could surprise everyone and just go in a blow the doors off Seattle! Our O can be dominate and our D is much much better than it showed in its vanilla game plan against the Niners! Go Cards!!!!!!!!! I am offically changing my prediction to Cards 35 Hawks 14!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
should be a fun game to watch/listen to

:raccoon:

(hey, it worked last week. looks like some of that suns luck is rubbing off)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards 28

Seahawks 21

Warner throws the winning td pass to Larry Fitzgearld with a min left and the defense holds the seahawks in the last minute to win the game hope i'm right :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05