Cards Vs Hawks-

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The decisions are made - Red Skelton VS Nipsy Russell - they are both very funny - but can they start in the NFL long term!

This as important as any game this year- a divisional rival on our home field to start the 2012 season!

Our Defense is no longer Vanilla- but-neither is theirs! they look good - some say top 5? only we say top 10 D for the Cards - let DD and CC welcome this rookie QB to the NFL- the right way- from his back.

The Bean and Rwill are healthy - Fitz and Floyd-
We should be at advantage at QB, RB and WR! Let the games begin!
let us test our metal against the Seahawks 12th man- let us rize up and set the tone.

scream as many - cheer as one - be seated and loud by the first snap. It really does matter every snap as this is projected a close divisional game early in a tough early schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090910/2012/REG1/seahawks@cardinals#tab=preview&menu=gameinfo

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
Now this is the topic I've been waiting to discuss about. I'm so sick of QB competition talk, its refreshing to talk about matchups and a real game.

I'm really looking forward to our defense.

First the D line. CC and DD like you said are going to tear it up! Then you get your choice of Dan Williams who can suck up blockers or David Carter who can penetrate A gaps and create havoc up the middle. The other backups are pretty decent, especially when they are fresh and ready to plow through tired O-linemen.

Linebackers are much improved this year than where we were the beginning of last. Acho and Scho can get to the passer and make good plays. We all know what Washington can do, and he's only going to get better. Lenon is solid, and Bradley will eventually pass him as a better linebacker. Don't forget the other backups!

The secondary I hope will be improved too. PP looked shaky in Preseason, but I bet he'll do better in a real scheme. Who's number 2 CB? There's a lot to choose from, so I'm not terribly worried. A-dub is good and so is Kerry Rhodes. I can't wait to see what they can do together with a full offseason and actually decent CB's and good pass rush.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seattle starting a rookie QB in game 1 vs. Hortons D will be the difference in the game. He will make at least 1-2 rookie mistakes against the complex schemes that will be the difference in the game.

I think Lynch is incredibly overrated but he seems to run rampant on the Cards. Hopefully Stu Bradley starts. He has been all over the gaps, very disciplined, and has the nose/motor to meet Lynch in the trenches.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
pointer

Kolb is a Pointer - Skelton is labrador and great dane Mix!
it is a Desert Dawg thing.

I think Vegas gets it right- they have monetary advantage-

but fantasy football has about the best predictors going- player to player- team to team- season to season. Fitz is the only respected Cardinal - again.

But Cardinals usually outperform their fantasy expectations- Beanie? Rwill? Defense? Floyd? Skelton? PP? Heap? will top their expectations.

Accuscore has been interesting these last few years- 10,000 simulations give a concrete experimental average- if the input is even close!

But the fans have the passion - show up - sit down -get loud by the first play - we are competing with Seattles stupid 12th man-

Now I hope the Beanie Wells I ramble about shows up.He is a 2000 yard back on 400 carries or just less. He is a franchise player that is highly skilled in several skillsets. He can dictate the outcome of every game like only a few can- old school featured RB! Add Fitz too that and we have a great advantage- But The Bean is the engine- Fitz is the turbo charger.

I saw that we're a two point 'dog at home. That equates to a five point spread on a neutral field.

Reaction score

Hey guys! I am not going to get into a whole thing, but I have to ask.. In what world is Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams an advantage over Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin? I'll admit that the competition is a little tighter at QB, but I still give Wilson the edge over Skelton, just as a matter of sheer athleticism and potential. And of course I won't argue that Fitz and FLoyd don't outmatch Sid Rice, DOug Baldwin and Braylon Edwards 8 times out of 10. But in my honest, objective (as possible) opinion, the gap between Marshawn and Wells/Williams is EVERY BIT as wide as the gap between Fitz and the Seahawks WR's. Don't sleep on beast mode, guys. He'll gobble you up like Skittles. Taste the rainbow.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Seattle starting a rookie QB in game 1 vs. Hortons D will be the difference in the game. He will make at least 1-2 rookie mistakes against the complex schemes that will be the difference in the game.

I think Lynch is incredibly overrated but he seems to run rampant on the Cards. Hopefully Stu Bradley starts. He has been all over the gaps, very disciplined, and has the nose/motor to meet Lynch in the trenches.

I'd like to see plenty of Bradley out on the SOLB spot.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Now I hope the Beanie Wells I ramble about shows up.He is a 2000 yard back on 400 carries or just less. He is a franchise player that is highly skilled in several skillsets. He can dictate the outcome of every game like only a few can- old school featured RB! Add Fitz too that and we have a great advantage- But The Bean is the engine- Fitz is the turbo charger.

Slow down smel, that Bean is no where near durable enough for 400 carries. That's also a 5.o ypc clip - also not something we're accustomed to back there.

Now RyWill can definately achieve that 5.0, imo. And that will also limit the Bean's production, which it needs to if he's that effective and can break a few.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not ready to break this game down just yet, but by far the biggest story going into this game is whether Marshawn Lynch is suspended for it.

The Skittles monster will be the difference in this game, and Stewart Bradley's new found game has to be up for it.

Opening day, division rivals who I guarantee have a chip on their shoulders this year. Carroll will have the Hawks KEYED UP!

If the Cardinals show up to play then this will be a great game, but low scoring.

It is 50-50 for me. Either team can win this game.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Hey guys! I am not going to get into a whole thing, but I have to ask.. In what world is Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams an advantage over Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin? I'll admit that the competition is a little tighter at QB, but I still give Wilson the edge over Skelton, just as a matter of sheer athleticism and potential. And of course I won't argue that Fitz and FLoyd don't outmatch Sid Rice, DOug Baldwin and Braylon Edwards 8 times out of 10. But in my honest, objective (as possible) opinion, the gap between Marshawn and Wells/Williams is EVERY BIT as wide as the gap between Fitz and the Seahawks WR's. Don't sleep on beast mode, guys. He'll gobble you up like Skittles. Taste the rainbow.

Since you are new to the board, here's a quick summary of THESMEL:

1. He thinks Matt Leinart is a top 5-10 QB in the entire NFL.
2. He thinks Levi Brown is a high-level LT.
3. He has directly compared Beanie Wells to guys like Jim Brown and Earl Campbell before.

Most of us (present company included) love his usual musings -- and the rest have him on ignore -- but he's definitely not the guy to take quotes from on this site and apply them to the majority of us.

I'd say most of us are very high on the Beanie/R-Will combination, and think in tandem they have the potential to be every bit as good as the other teams in our division, but they have a long way to go proving it on the field to match Gore, S-Jax, and Lynch.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

1. Wilson ain't Cam, and we beat Cam
2. We beat the Hawks with Lynch in the lineup (and will he be there?)
- Lynch: 4.2 yds per carry - 12tds - Wells: 4.3 yds per carry - 10tds.

Reaction score

3. He has directly compared Beanie Wells to guys like Jim Brown and Earl Campbell before.

Most of us (present company included) love his usual musings -- and the rest have him on ignore -- but he's definitely not the guy to take quotes from on this site and apply them to the majority of us.

I'd say most of us are very high on the Beanie/R-Will combination, and think in tandem they have the potential to be every bit as good as the other teams in our division, but they have a long way to go proving it on the field to match Gore, S-Jax, and Lynch.
Mabel, duly noted. I won't deny that mr. Chris "Beanie" Wells had a breakout season last year. He did. I think I'm still a little peeved that he burned me in my fantasy league in 2010, after I took him with a high pick. I have noticed that pundits seem to be really high on Ryan Williams this year as well, although I don't know enough about him personally to make an informed judgement on him. What I DO know is, as you said, they have some ground to make up in my book if they want to be considered on par with the likes of the rest of the NFC W RB's... Luckily for them, the 2012 reg season has arrived, and the time is now for proving one's worth.

Reaction score
1. Wilson ain't Cam, and we beat Cam
2. We beat the Hawks with Lynch in the lineup (and will he be there?)
- Lynch: 4.2 yds per carry - 12tds - Wells: 4.3 yds per carry - 10tds.

Crazy Canuck sir, you're mixing up you're arguments. I never even made a remark about the competition this coming sunday. i simply said that there is no way that Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams, AT THIS TIME< can be compared to Marshawn Lynch when it comes to proven, effective running. I will say that I believe Beanie Wells is underrated, and I don't think most people, divison rivals included, realize exactly how effective he was last year. But he wasnt tied for 2nd in the NFL for rushing TD's (Lynch) last year, and he doesn't run with the authority or the power that Lynch does... YET. Let's revisit this debate after the season. I think Wells is due for a big year, almost as big as the Beast's.

P.S... Maybe Wilson isn't Cam, yet... But I'll tell you this, the Panthers SURE aren't the Seahawks when it comes to defense, O-line, running backs, etc. I think we are in for a low-down dirty scrum this sunday and it's gonna be awesome.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck sir, you're mixing up you're arguments. I never even made a remark about the competition this coming sunday. i simply said that there is no way that Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams, AT THIS TIME< can be compared to Marshawn Lynch when it comes to proven, effective running. I will say that I believe Beanie Wells is underrated, and I don't think most people, divison rivals included, realize exactly how effective he was last year. But he wasnt tied for 2nd in the NFL for rushing TD's (Lynch) last year, and he doesn't run with the authority or the power that Lynch does... YET. Let's revisit this debate after the season. I think Wells is due for a big year, almost as big as the Beast's.

P.S... Maybe Wilson isn't Cam, yet... But I'll tell you this, the Panthers SURE aren't the Seahawks when it comes to defense, O-line, running backs, etc. I think we are in for a low-down dirty scrum this sunday and it's gonna be awesome.

Such a compelling argument. Now if we only had a poster who is creative enough to capitalize every other word and use an large amount of adjectives without any strong evidence to prove how great our RBs are compared to the great Marshawn Lynch and the Robert Turbin.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If your post doesn't have something to do with next Sunday - why are you here?

You rated your QB over ours based on "potential".

And, I merely point out that he isn't in the CAM category and we beat him in his first game last season.

Granted, you are a better team then the Panthers in game one 2011.

Lynch's numbers are over 15 games and Wells in 14, by the way.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply put...

This game comes down to 3 things:

1. Turnovers will probably be the deciding factor in this game. I give the edgt to the Cards because Wilson will see stuff he ain't never seen before.

2. Scheme. The game plan will play into the turnover factor. If we put Skelton in a multi sack game it will create turnovers for the wrong side. Play it close to the vest. Protect Skelton. Run the ball and I feel we will win a close game. Rely on the D and the athleticism of our WR's at the right opportunistic times. At this point I'll call this category a wash.

3. Will. Both teams are going to be fired up. Both teams are going to have some success and trying moment. Ideally we can get an early lead and put pressure on Wilson. Slight edge to Cards.

I predict one team will win 16-13. I'm thinking Cards.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
lets see

Hell he went 245 carries on one leg! He's healthy now- I and he can not control that. But somebody slobbering over Lynch with the a lower average with a run game freindly OC! Lynch had 285 carries for 1204 yards last year- and was featured -
In fact -Lynch is being drafted really hi in fantasy and He's rehabbing also.
He is also expected to get 20 carries a game- Beanie's best is late in games- If we feed him like a real NFL team like 6-7 carries a quarter He will make and impact late in halves- and set RWill up to be spectacular at the same Role THT had behind Edge as a rookie.
I hope RWIL lights it up - I respect Lynch- but Gore and Jackson are old but good.
Beanies main competition is Rwill and his OC - don't fan out of fear - pull that muleskinner and see what happens!
:D

Slow down smel, that Bean is no where near durable enough for 400 carries. That's also a 5.o ypc clip - also not something we're accustomed to back there.

Now RyWill can definately achieve that 5.0, imo. And that will also limit the Bean's production, which it needs to if he's that effective and can break a few.

Last edited:
OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
oh

I said Leinart would be a top 15 QB the first year and top 10 the 2nd year on the Cards team he was trained on - can't prove it cause Somebody thought DA-Max Hall- Bartel was more worth of that roster spot! Leinart was not top in any QB skillset but was not weak in any QB skill set either. As a great all around QB-He went 9-10 before his 3rd season ending shoulder injury for the Texans last year! just like his 110 QB rating in our preaseason before we cat him- He's not finished He will play again- and 9-10 is normal for him- While we change scrubs- and spend a kings ransom on a lesser QB out of desperation.

Levi Brown protected our QB for more passes than any Tackle in history for a 5 year stretch- in a Kill the tackle on an island - pass like your hair is on fire offense! With a variety of OC- HC- PGC- OC that are allergic to the run game- A tackle on an islands best friend! Not many Tackles will ever go where Smushdown Levi Brown has already been- cause no staff is that stupid outside of Glanville! No even Ganville never tried that crap.

And Beanie Wells has elite skillsets in power, traffic and the open field. He is an old school RB that gets stronger as the game goes on. Not many his size can show the highlights he has already made while being kicked in the nuts behind THT on these cardinals. Rwill is good but He aint no Beanie Wells- now when he throws down a double stiff arm TD oagainst the world champion Giants- and makes packers defenders drop into the fetal position 10 yards away- in fear- I'll back up and reconsider- opponents fear Beanie Wells- He is a widow maker! with great vision - great size- great power - great speed for his size- He is a once in a generation back- Has lined up and been great at the WR position- and a devastating blocker! Just has to stay healthy.

Reaction score
I'm uncomfortable in this message board! genuinely.

***I'm sorry my particular brand of "gay smack talk" is not to your liking.

***Believe it or not, I'm sort of a believer in Leinart, and always have been.

***I am of the opinion that as far as pure, raw skill, Beanie Wells is among the elite in the league. I don't know enough about him to make an informed statement about why he hasn't quite reached elite status, but I can guess that it probably has something to do with 1) Injuries at the wrong time, not allowing him to get in rhythm, 2) a shaky-at-best o-line for most of his career thus far.. or a for bigger stretch, just a gut feeling 3) maybe he is.... I don't wanna say lazy, but perhaps he just doesn't have that killer instinct and incredible competitive drive that most superstars of present and past have had... Maybe it's a combination of all these, would be my guess. But regardless of the reasons, my whole point was that he has bot yet reached the status that Marshawn has achieved, and therefore doesn't compare when we line-up the rosters and compare positions. Granted, Beanie had somewhat of a breakout season last year, but I think he is capable of a REAL breakout season if everything lines up for him.

***I really liked Slanidrac16's comments. You are probably spot on with the turnover thing. Of course you are going to give the edge to the cards when something is close to a wash, you're a cards fan. But if I'm being completely honest about the Seahawks and what I know about them, I feel like Arizona is a good challenge to open up on, but I don't really see them as a threat. I'm confident that Seattle will beat Arizona pretty soundly. Quite frankly, I just think Seattle's front 4 and especially back 4 will be too much to handle for Arizona's offense. Don't quote me on this, but I believe Seattle finished last year either 2nd or 3rd in turnover differential. The Seahawks defense are ball-hawkers, and the offense is good at protecting the ball. number 3 is a little ridiculous, because you basically said that "will" is a wash, but you HOPE that Arizona will get up early, so therefore they get the edge. There is no reason to believe that AZ wants this win more than Seattle. There are players on both sides of the ball that have something to prove, but I think #51 and #3 have some things they'd like to show the football world after being told the last few months that they weren't worth the draft picks that were used to acquire them. Okay I'm rambling now. But I think it is going to be a great game, at least until the 3rd quarter or so when Seattle's depth begins to overwhelm AZ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
good

I have that effect on others- Apaches taught me- When your inside the fort - don't mess with the soldiers!
:mulli:
looks like the Hawks improved - do tyou think they are really a top 5 defense? Is Wilson ready for prime time? How is Lynch healing?

I'm uncomfortable in this message board! genuinely.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser