Cards win next two games.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'll say this right now, win or lose this week, we have NO shot whatsoever of beating the Ravens. If our O looked that bad against the Niners mediocrity called defense, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrel Suggs and Chris McAllister will turn us into turnover city.

that's a big fat L - hopefully, we can bounce back and win this week and even though I'm doubtful of that happening, I don't think it's out of the question. Lose, and the playoffs IMO are probably pretty much done with, staring at 0-3 the next week.

Cheesy - amazingly, you and I agree on more stuff than we differ! I totally agree with the above post.
And I'll add that I don't care how we do it, but we simply MUST win this Sunday. If we lose, I don't want to hear about how this is a different team.. How the o-line "appeared" to be better, and the rest of the crap that teams who lose conjur up to make themselves feel better... We either find a way to win at home, in our home opener against a decent but certainly not great team, or we remain the same old poopy Cards we've been for decades... That's how important Sunday is IMO... We simply MUST win!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Suggs is a product of the system. He will falter.

Lewis is the heart and soul of the D. Yes, they are good, and with him they would clean our clock. Without him, we will lose but they won't dominate us.

Those sort of statements always crack me up... Ummm... OK... Suggs plays at a Pro Bowl level (2 straight seasons) in the system HIS team runs... I fail to understand why that should somehow make us Cards fans feel any better about our chances...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those sort of statements always crack me up... Ummm... OK... Suggs plays at a Pro Bowl level (2 straight seasons) in the system HIS team runs... I fail to understand why that should somehow make us Cards fans feel any better about our chances...

His system is also dependent on Dlines terrified of where and what Ray Lewis is doing at all times. They won't be very fearful of him in a track suit on the sidelines.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
His system is also dependent on Dlines terrified of where and what Ray Lewis is doing at all times. They won't be very fearful of him in a track suit on the sidelines.

I believe you meant o-lines... And again, Suggs and Scott, along with Ngata and the rest of that crazy defense is enough to cause any offense fits... Against Cincy, Lewis was essentially a one-armed fighter after the 1st quarter, and Cincy still seriously struggled...

You are seriously underestimating the Ravens defense as a unit if you think it all hinges on Lewis... Huge mistake...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you meant o-lines... And again, Suggs and Scott, along with Ngata and the rest of that crazy defense is enough to cause any offense fits... Against Cincy, Lewis was essentially a one-armed fighter after the 1st quarter, and Cincy still seriously struggled...

You are seriously underestimating the Ravens defense as a unit if you think it all hinges on Lewis... Huge mistake...

yep, I meant olines. thanks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wasn't Suggs pretty good the year Lewis most of the games with injury? 8 sacks, 2 picks, 4 frced fumbles, career high in tackles?

Just get over it guys - we blew it passing on Suggs - dude was a monster in college sacking the QB and he's a monster in the pros sacking the QB (playing in completely different systems). We screwed up, end of story.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
wasn't Suggs pretty good the year Lewis most of the games with injury? 8 sacks, 2 picks, 4 frced fumbles, career high in tackles?

Just get over it guys - we blew it passing on Suggs - dude was a monster in college sacking the QB and he's a monster in the pros sacking the QB (playing in completely different systems). We screwed up, end of story.

:stupid:

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
the cards can definately win against the seahawks but i dont know about Baltimore

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score
I can give you Seattle but there isn't a chance in hell you guys can go to Baltimore and win. Their defense will eat Leinart and your offense alive. Yes the raven's offense is painful to watch but there defense/special teams will make up for the offensive shortcomings.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We messed up by not selecting Larry Johnson and Dallas Clark instead of Calvin Pace and Bryant Johnson.

Reaction score
I can give you Seattle but there isn't a chance in hell you guys can go to Baltimore and win. Their defense will eat Leinart and your offense alive. Yes the raven's offense is painful to watch but there defense/special teams will make up for the offensive shortcomings.
What you fail to realize is that the Cardinals always win a game or two that nobody expects them to.

And then they lose the games against teams that they should easily beat, such as the 49er's! :wink2:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cheesy - amazingly, you and I agree on more stuff than we differ! I totally agree with the above post.
And I'll add that I don't care how we do it, but we simply MUST win this Sunday. If we lose, I don't want to hear about how this is a different team.. How the o-line "appeared" to be better, and the rest of the crap that teams who lose conjur up to make themselves feel better... We either find a way to win at home, in our home opener against a decent but certainly not great team, or we remain the same old poopy Cards we've been for decades... That's how important Sunday is IMO... We simply MUST win!
I have to disagree wholeheartedly. Even if we lose to Seattle, Baltimore & Pittsburgh, we are not the same old Cardinals. I was watching the NFL Channel last night & Rod Woodson in particular. He emphasized that winning in the NFL is a PROCESS & doesn't come overnight. He was speaking directly about the Cardinals. He said the mere fact that we ran for 160 yds & should have won that game, that the PROCESS has begun. He really likes Whisenhunt & said he will make us a far more physical team, but that success at this stage won't YET be measured in Wins & Losses. When the great Bill Walsh transformed the Niners, he LOST his first 7 games. When Joe Gibbs tranformed the Skins in the early 80's, he also had a long losing streak to start his 1st season (I believe they started at least 0-5). Everyone Cardinal fan alive is sick & tired of losing, but we will have to be more patient. Whiz will refuse to put a bandaid on this franchise just for the sake of winning 6 games. We will go through a rather complete metamorphasis, but it may takehalf the season before we start seeing measurable results (W's). It won't be completely painful, because we will COMPETE with everyone. But, it will be frustrating, because we will be right on the cusp of being very good. No, Seattle, Baltimore & Pittsburgh will NOT cream us, but we probably only come away with MAYBE 1 win during that stretch. I'm really excited. I REALLY, REALLY liked what I saw last week, even if we did lose. The Cardinals are going through a transformation with a young, intelligent, creative HC. The end result will be great, but I'm willing to accept a few more bumps until we get their. Trust me, I've been watching football for almost a half century. We WILL like the end result. BE PATIENT.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have to disagree wholeheartedly. Even if we lose to Seattle, Baltimore & Pittsburgh, we are not the same old Cardinals. I was watching the NFL Channel last night & Rod Woodson in particular. He emphasized that winning in the NFL is a PROCESS & doesn't come overnight. He was speaking directly about the Cardinals. He said the mere fact that we ran for 160 yds & should have won that game, that the PROCESS has begun. He really likes Whisenhunt & said he will make us a far more physical team, but that success at this stage won't YET be measured in Wins & Losses. When the great Bill Walsh transformed the Niners, he LOST his first 7 games. When Joe Gibbs tranformed the Skins in the early 80's, he also had a long losing streak to start his 1st season (I believe they started at least 0-5). Everyone Cardinal fan alive is sick & tired of losing, but we will have to be more patient. Whiz will refuse to put a bandaid on this franchise just for the sake of winning 6 games. We will go through a rather complete metamorphasis, but it may takehalf the season before we start seeing measurable results (W's). It won't be completely painful, because we will COMPETE with everyone. But, it will be frustrating, because we will be right on the cusp of being very good. No, Seattle, Baltimore & Pittsburgh will NOT cream us, but we probably only come away with MAYBE 1 win during that stretch. I'm really excited. I REALLY, REALLY liked what I saw last week, even if we did lose. The Cardinals are going through a transformation with a young, intelligent, creative HC. The end result will be great, but I'm willing to accept a few more bumps until we get their. Trust me, I've been watching football for almost a half century. We WILL like the end result. BE PATIENT.

You know what - if we lose on the road to the Ravens, but at least "showed signs" of improvement via a better running game, better defense and overall more competitiveness, I'm ok with that...
Sunday is our home opener and we're playing the Ravens, the Pats or the Colts... I honestly don't care how many yards Edge has, or how many catches Q & Fitz have... coming off a grotesque performance on national tv, I see Sunday as a MUST win - period...

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know what - if we lose on the road to the Ravens, but at least "showed signs" of improvement via a better running game, better defense and overall more competitiveness, I'm ok with that...
Sunday is our home opener and we're playing the Ravens, the Pats or the Colts... I honestly don't care how many yards Edge has, or how many catches Q & Fitz have... coming off a grotesque performance on national tv, I see Sunday as a MUST win - period...

Losing 20-17 on the road to a team that many have projected to win the the division is hardly "grotesque". If you want grotesque, go back over the last 10 yrs & see how we have faired on the road against playoff caliber teams or any caliber team for that matter. We may have lost that game in typical Cardinal fashion, but we certainly didn't play the game in typical Cardinal fashion. I'm not saying the Cardinals won't win on Sunday - I think they will - but the franchise is moving forward regardless.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's if Ray Lewis is playing in week 3...any word on his injury? If he isn't there, that defense plummets, IMO. He's the lifeblood of their intensity and success.
Ray Ray is playing this week, so unless he worsens it he will play. Even without him that D is still a beast though. Bart Scott or Antwaan Barnes can step in well. McNair may be out, but I hope he plays. Personally, I would rather face him than Boller.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
eh, even without him, they're going to tear us apart. I put more of the leadership on that team's D on Ed Reed now - he's their Adrian Wilson - the leader of the D since Lewis has started to slip - but they still have a great coordinator, pass rusher and CB, which will eat us alive.
No way man. I live here right next to B'more, and trust me, this Ray's team 100%.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Oh yeah, but he wouldn't have been that good here."

That's the usual response to passing on Suggs. A great player wouldn't be great for us because we suck. What a fun way to justify our draft decisions.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Oh yeah, but he wouldn't have been that good here."

That's the usual response to passing on Suggs. A great player wouldn't be great for us because we suck. What a fun way to justify our draft decisions.

I was anti-Suggs and I was dead wrong.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Losing 20-17 on the road to a team that many have projected to win the the division is hardly "grotesque". If you want grotesque, go back over the last 10 yrs & see how we have faired on the road against playoff caliber teams or any caliber team for that matter. We may have lost that game in typical Cardinal fashion, but we certainly didn't play the game in typical Cardinal fashion. I'm not saying the Cardinals won't win on Sunday - I think they will - but the franchise is moving forward regardless.

Has any sports team had as horrible a stretch as the Cardinals from 1999-2003? 25-55 and outscored 2027-1267 including 443-210 in 2000 and 452-225 in 2003.

Because of that people forget that the Cards otherwise have played fairly competitive football games but found some way to lose for most of the rest of their history. Green got us back to playing those type games last season.

I was hoping that Whisenhunt could take the next step and get the team to where they started finding a way to win. Monday wasn't the best way to start but there's lots of football left.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am so impressed with myself!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05