Caron Butler Traded to Bucks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh cheesebeef being the idiot he always is.. it doesn't matter if you think it is realistic that they can trade Beasley or not, having his contract available for trades is a LOT better for the Suns than waiving Beasley, paying him the exact same money and not even getting an exception they could use in trades for it.

what don't you understand about NO ONE WANTING HIS CONTRACT?! he just got nailed AGAIN for drugs? seriously...how you're not getting that he and his contract with another year left on it makes him a sunk cost is completely beyond me.

Wasn't that already proven when he was with Minnesota and they couldn't give him away when he was an expiring?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Gambo620: Michael Beasley is down to his final days as a member of the Phoenix Suns. I expect him to be waived/released sometime in the next 48 hours

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Gambo620: Michael Beasley is down to his final days as a member of the Phoenix Suns. I expect him to be waived/released sometime in the next 48 hours

Well. I guess that answers the question. If Beasley had any value to this team at all, this would not be happening.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
oh cheesebeef being the idiot he always is.. it doesn't matter if you think it is realistic that they can trade Beasley or not, having his contract available for trades is a LOT better for the Suns than waiving Beasley, paying him the exact same money and not even getting an exception they could use in trades for it.

I want no part of Beasley near the young guys on the team. Glad to see that his days on this team are coming to an end.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol you are the idiot here.

Sometimes players lose trade value and become so bad that they are cancerous to the team. The team has to cut the players cause no other team wants them.

You should probably think before you start throwing personal insults at people.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Waiving Beasley does nothing for the Suns, i can't see them doing it they gain nothing.

They lose the ability to trade Beasley or his contract in other trades while still paying him the same money anyway and not getting cap space from it.

it only makes sense if Beasley agrees to a buyout for less money than what they owe him otherwise you lose a piece that could enable trades for nothing while still paying the same money and at the risk that Beasley goes somewhere else and makes you look stupid for waiving him but still paying him while he scores 20 for the Lakers.

I can't believe the Suns would pay 6-7 M$ just to get rid off Beasley a year early while gaining absolutely nothing from it.

I think of it like this: Suppose I went to a greasy Texas BBQ place and picked up dinner to go. I get some brisket, beans, and a garden salad. Now honestly, what are the chances of a garden salad from a greasy BBQ place being any good? The odds are not good, but I bought it anyway.

I get home and the salad is made of wilted iceberg lettuce, flavorless some green tomatoes, croutons that have turned to mush because the lettuce was wet, plus it is drenched in some sort of nasty fat-free ranch dressing. The fat-free dressing is a suprise, but I should not have expected much better from that type of place.

I already paid for it, and I'm not going to be able to drive back to return it so I might as well eat it, right? Maybe I could let someone else eat it? No way. It is nasty and gross. Nobody is going to want it. I will regret putting it in my mouth. If I am still hungry after I finish the brisket and beans, I'll be better off scrounging the cupboards for crackers.

Beasley is the NBA equivalant of a wilted iceberg lettuce salad. The Suns should have known better and not offered him a contract. Regardless of whether or not he is a sunk cost, he has no business on an NBA court. He has no trade value and he does not contribute in a positive way to the team.

He theoretically could end up scoring 20 for the Lakers if we waive him, but he will probably need 35 shots to do it and will let they guy he is defending make 20 dunks in the process. Beasely gets worse every single year. The lack of distractions after cutting him will provide a greater benefit than I would ever expect to see from him on the court.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake