Castle (ABC)

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I swear I've seen a Castle thread, and I may have even posted in it but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Anyway, anyone watching this show? It stars Nathan Fillion from Firefly fame and it captures that "Moonlighting" spirit. Fun sleuth/comedy. Very enjoyable show and I hope it comes back for another season!

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Yup - great show. Kinda like a 21st Century Moonlighting meets Murder She Wrote.

I too hope it sticks around. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This show is incredibly fun and touching, and has quickly become one of my faves. Man, Whedon on one show (Dollhouse) and Fillion on another...awesome!

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice finale...now, does it stick around or get the axe? From what I can find, it seems it hasn't drawn the biggest audience BUT it's not doing so poorly that ABC will give up on it (and the reviews are good).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show. Really surprised because I was sort of "blah" about it when I had seen the previews. The show was much better then I thought and I was hooked right away. Hope it comes back.

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, it's definitely got a magic to it that's hard to ignore. Great chemistry and characters.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show. Really surprised because I was sort of "blah" about it when I had seen the previews. The show was much better then I thought and I was hooked right away. Hope it comes back.

I was the same way SteelDog. When I first saw the advertisements for it I thought to myself, "oh great, another police show." Actually I thought the same thing about Southland, and I like that one too.

I loved Moonlighting, and you guys are right. This show is very, very similar.

Chad

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Officially renewed. Man....a few of my shows coming back next season. Where are the 4 horsemen???

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Officially renewed. Man....a few of my shows coming back next season. Where are the 4 horsemen???

No kidding, we finally catch a break!

Excellent news! I'm really looking forward to getting to know these characters more. :)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fun show, glad it survived the chopping block, although the beloved Nathan Fillion's very presence looks like the kiss of death. His 60 episodes of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place is a benchmark so far.

How'd that show end anyway?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137330/

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Castle is back tonight! One of my favorite new shows from last season...definitely fun, quirky and hilarious :)

Love Nathan Fillion of course, but the girl in the series...oh my she's beautiful :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I love this show. Nathan Fillion is very underrated IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Great show. I love the relationship dynamic with the daughter and mother, where the mother is more like a daughter and the daughter is more like a mother.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy this show.
And like other shows I dig, it'll be on for less than 6 months.
Sorry, I appear to be bad luck for shows.

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still enjoying this show a lot. I forgot to post after last weeks episode but for those of you that were Firefly fans, you need to find it and watch at least the first 30 seconds. Not to be missed. :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Still enjoying this show a lot. I forgot to post after last weeks episode but for those of you that were Firefly fans, you need to find it and watch at least the first 30 seconds. Not to be missed. :)

Yes, I caught that costume, as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Actually there were 2 nods to shows he was on in the first segment of the show. One was from his role as "Captain tight pants" and the other was for his role in the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The daughters discussion with Castle about "letting it go it was from 5 years ago" was a subtle but hilarious nod about the character.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually there were 2 nods to shows he was on in the first segment of the show. One was from his role as "Captain tight pants" and the other was for his role in the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The daughters discussion with Castle about "letting it go it was from 5 years ago" was a subtle but hilarious nod about the character.

The misses and I totally geeked out of the first few minutes of that episode.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Castle hands down one of my favorite shows on TV right now

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I forgot to post on this but the Nikki Heat stalker story line from two weeks back was just awesome.

There are a few shows my wife and I don't miss and Castle is one of them. I figured since this thread got buried, I'd bump it up, just for those who haven't checked it out yet.

Last edited: