Chad Ford Draft Grades

fordronken

Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=2096792

PHOENIX SUNS

Round 2: Dijon Thompson, SF, UCLA (No. 54, from Houston via New York)

Analysis: The team traded away the draft rights to both Nate Robinson and Marcin Gortat and picked up the rights to Dijon Thompson.

Thompson is a good fit for the Suns, but Robinson and Gortat were better. I know that the Suns made this trade to get the Knicks to pull the trigger on the Quentin Richardson-for-Kurt Thomas swap and to give themselves a better chance to bring back Joe Johnson, but it's still unfortunate for basketball fans that we didn't get to see what Robinson could do in the Suns' run-and-gun system.

For the second straight year, it's a wash on draft night for Phoenix.

Grade: C

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
Um...Gortat is better than Dijon Thompson? Granted, it's Chad Ford. But gimme a break on late second round athletic Polish centers. If he plays 30 minutes before his rookie contract runs out, I'll call him a success.

Ford also said this about him:

The Magic also acquired Gortat, an athletic center from Poland who should be a great fit in the Magic's up-tempo offense.

I'm sorry...what?!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
fordronken said:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=2096792

PHOENIX SUNS

Round 2: Dijon Thompson, SF, UCLA (No. 54, from Houston via New York)

Analysis: The team traded away the draft rights to both Nate Robinson and Marcin Gortat and picked up the rights to Dijon Thompson.

Thompson is a good fit for the Suns, but Robinson and Gortat were better. I know that the Suns made this trade to get the Knicks to pull the trigger on the Quentin Richardson-for-Kurt Thomas swap and to give themselves a better chance to bring back Joe Johnson, but it's still unfortunate for basketball fans that we didn't get to see what Robinson could do in the Suns' run-and-gun system.

For the second straight year, it's a wash on draft night for Phoenix.

Grade: C

:stupid: :lame: :lmao:

I would have given them a C, but NOT for losing Gortat or Robinson! :biglaugh:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If ever a draft deserved and F, this one did.

And Sarver's a tightwad. Donald Sterling Jr.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
If ever a draft deserved and F, this one did.

And Sarver's a tightwad. Donald Sterling Jr.

My sentiments exactly until proven different.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05