Charlotte @ Phoenix - Game Thread - March 7, 2007 - 7:00 pm

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Rather than putting in Pike why not Rose? I bet every other team would rather have Rose instead of Pike on the court. Rose is a smart baller who's been around. I wish coach would utilize him! Pisses me off. Even Jr Jones... I know Mike D has alot of manlove for the kid but boy jinko's he's played very average, and if that had been Rose he'd never see the court again... wait... he already doesn't.

I don't get it. And don't give me this he's too slow crap! He's an NBA player. He can run.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Rather than putting in Pike why not Rose? I bet every other team would rather have Rose instead of Pike on the court. Rose is a smart baller who's been around. I wish coach would utilize him! Pisses me off. Even Jr Jones... I know Mike D has alot of manlove for the kid but boy jinko's he's played very average, and if that had been Rose he'd never see the court again... wait... he already doesn't.

I don't get it. And don't give me this he's too slow crap! He's an NBA player. He can run.

It's not that he is slow it's the fact that he doesn't fit the system. He can't shoot threes and isn't a good drive and dish player. Those are keys in this system. Rose needs the ball in his hands to run a system and he isn't going get that in this system. He hands down isn't a good fit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Suns lost this game.

Atlanta won. Don't we need Charlotte to lose so hopefully Atlanta does not get a top three pick. This is almost a must win for the Suns if they want to improve their chances of getting a good draft pick from Atlanta this year.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Man Diaw is terrible. He shouldn't be playing... and unfortunately no, I’m not drunk. Wish I was watching this though.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I still don't get the delay of game on Barbosa. All he did was put the ball down on the ground. I've seen players do that all the time without getting called for delay of game. It is not his responsibility to pass the ball to anyone.

And the offensive foul on him was BS too; the defender had his foot in the circle.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
It's not that he is slow it's the fact that he doesn't fit the system. He can't shoot threes and isn't a good drive and dish player. Those are keys in this system. Rose needs the ball in his hands to run a system and he isn't going get that in this system. He hands down isn't a good fit.
So why was he signed??? Didn't Suns FO do their homework before signing?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Fairweather much?

Fairweather for 25 years?? Dont think so

I'm a realist. I praise the team when they are doing well and criticize them when I dont think they are playing to their potential. And right now, this team is in serious trouble if they think they can win the championship playing half a$$ basketball

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
so to this point we have only scored 6 fastbreak points (same as charlotte), have been outscored 32-20 in the paint, turned the ball over 15 times, and blew a lead that was as big as 16 points. championship?

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
So why was he signed??? Didn't Suns FO do their homework before signing?

I think it was as much a keeping him away from another team that he fit in with then him fitting in here.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Saying Rose doesn't fit the system is a major cop out. He is a baller. A versatile one at that. Players can adjust but have to be given a chance to do so. I mean look at the guys we have sitting...Pike, JuJones, and Jr Jones! He is on par with them if not better. I bet every other team in the league would have Rose in front of all of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fairweather for 25 years?? Dont think so

I'm a realist. I praise the team when they are doing well and criticize them when I dont think they are playing to their potential. And right now, this team is in serious trouble if they think they can win the championship playing half a$$ basketball

This team beat the San Antonio Spurs at one time this season, so any team can win on any night. It's disheartening that they're having this much trouble against a bottom-feeder, but it's not like this is a rare occurrence in the NBA.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Saying Rose doesn't fit the system is a major cop out. He is a baller. A versatile one at that. Players can adjust but have to be given a chance to do so. I mean look at the guys we have sitting...Pike, JuJones, and Jr Jones! He is on par with them if not better. I bet every other team in the league would have Rose in front of all of them.
I trust coach D's assessment of Rose and this system. It's not a major cop out to say he doesn't fit in because he can't shoot threes and he isn't all of a sudden going to learn how to shoot the three or become a drive and pass guy. Not at this time and age.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Amare get ejected or something. ESPN stats show him only playing 8 minutes thus far.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Huh? So we sign players just to keep them away from other teams?? Ok! :doi:

Well why would you sign a guy who has averaged almost 20 points a game in his career and a starter for most of it and then not play him at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05