Chicago Bulls with the #1 pick

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are you guys insane? Do you really want a 10 mil contract as backup for at least two years? I'd rather have Lowry than Hinrich to backup Nash, who is a much better defender and penetrator anyway.

So, you don't think taking a lottery team's castoffs is a winning strategy? Haha.

I am reminded of several seasons ago when the Nets were terrible yet three of their free agents were highly sought after and ended up with good contracts on other teams. Naturally, these signings were not very beneficial to the new teams. I can't even remember the players. I think Kerry Kittles may have been one of them.

djohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow...you could just see the disgust in D'antoni's face when the Knicks landed the 6th pick. Maybe he will pull a Billy Donovan and walk away from his contract to land with the Bulls. The NBA would LOVE that publicity...Knicks v. Bulls...instant rivalry. $$$

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two questions:
1-Can we get someone who will legitimately contribute at #15?
2-How do the Sonics get our #1 pick? Tell me it isn't some stupid, idiotic basketball thing where they got Kurt Thomas AND our #1 pick just to eat $$$ for us!

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Richard Jefferson for Barbosa/Diaw would be sweet but I'm guessing the Nets are offering Carter Lol yikes.

I also like Harris... regardless but there's talk of Sarver being cheap and stupid but the think I dislike the most of the situation is Trading young pieces/Picks for older veterans!

Don't get ME wrong, I Love the Shaq Trade but it seems EVERY Trade or signing is 30+ aged veterans and the Suns went from being the #1 Seed and YOUNGEST Team... to the most experienced, joy!

I'd likely be upset again, if Suns Traded Barbosa/Diaw for some other 32+ year old experienced veteran :mad:

cly2tw

Reaction score
So, you don't think taking a lottery team's castoffs is a winning strategy? Haha.

I am reminded of several seasons ago when the Nets were terrible yet three of their free agents were highly sought after and ended up with good contracts on other teams. Naturally, these signings were not very beneficial to the new teams. I can't even remember the players. I think Kerry Kittles may have been one of them.

Not sure I get your point. In any way, Hinrich is overpaid. He is not a really good shooter a la Mike Miller or Peja, nor a good PG of even the caliber of Udrih, not to mention Calderon. He is a willing defender but just ain't athletic enough to stay in front of the quick guards. I just don't understand the Suns fans' infatuation with him.

As to lottery team castoffs, give me Richard Jefferson, Mike Miller, Artest, or even Nocioni. But no Hinrich please. :(

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
ESPN just released a poll showing pretty much the entire country saying chicago should take beasley, minus illinois, who said rose.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Not sure I get your point. In any way, Hinrich is overpaid. He is not a really good shooter a la Mike Miller or Peja, nor a good PG of even the caliber of Udrih, not to mention Calderon. He is a willing defender but just ain't athletic enough to stay in front of the quick guards. I just don't understand the Suns fans' infatuation with him.

As to lottery team castoffs, give me Richard Jefferson, Mike Miller, Artest, or even Nocioni. But no Hinrich please. :(

Dead on.:thumbup:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Greg Anthony just made the best point Ive heard out of him. He said Chicago should take Rose because he is good playing with talent. Chicago didnt necessarily need the #1 pick, and beasley commands the basketball to dominate, but rose can perform well with talent around him, and makes those on his team better.

I think its a no brainer, regardless of hinrich's skills.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
chicago will pick rose,he s well loved there,i heard he s also a fan of the bulls and lived there for a while.hinrich can play SG,so seems like they ll trade gordon

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
IMHO, there is absolutely no chance that the Bulls pass on Rose.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I was being sarcastic. My point was that if Hinrich has not been very impressive up to this point, there's no reason to think he will be impressive on the Suns. If they add a guard, I want him to be a great shooter like Calderon.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. My point was that if Hinrich has not been very impressive up to this point, there's no reason to think he will be impressive on the Suns. If they add a guard, I want him to be a great shooter like Calderon.

Sorry I missed it. But we are on the same page now! :raccoon:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Heat can get an extension deal done with Marion, then with Wade, Beasley and Marion, they could be somewhat scary in the East.

If the bulls took Beasley imagine the 1-3 lineup in Miami Rose, Wade, Marion. Talk about your vertical leap dunkfests.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg Anthony just made the best point Ive heard out of him. He said Chicago should take Rose because he is good playing with talent. Chicago didnt necessarily need the #1 pick, and beasley commands the basketball to dominate, but rose can perform well with talent around him, and makes those on his team better.

I think its a no brainer, regardless of hinrich's skills.

Did you see Beasley in college? Half the time he was yelling at his teammates to pass to him but he still put up huge numbers because he's such a great offensive rebounder.

I think Beasley will be a better player right away, Rose will have to adjust just like he did in college took him half the year to figure out college defenses. Rose has a huge upside they can't really go wrong either way but I think the idea that Beasley needs the ball to dominate is arguable, hell K State's offense was essentially post Beasley, don't pass him the ball, take a bad shot let Beasley get the board and score.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, there is absolutely no chance that the Bulls pass on Rose.

That I agree with Illinois fans are still pissed Rose blew off the Illini and went to Memphis(go read an Illinois fan message board sometime they all insist Derrick's brother Reggie got cash to deliver him to Memphis).

The other thing is Rose is a Worldwise Wes guy, Wes is huge in Chicago so I think that's the way they go. THey can't really go wrong both kids are fabulous players. I think Beasley is going to step in and be good right away but the fear on him is off the court he's incredibly immature.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the 6th pick in the 2008 NBA draft the NY Knicks select.............

................Danilo Gallinari

The skinny: Rose was the Knicks' primary target, but with Gallinari, new head coach Mike D'Antoni lands the perfect weapon for his new team: a 6-10 point forward who knows how to think the game. D'Antoni played with Gallinari's father in the Italian League for eight years and knows how good the versatile Italian forward really is.

It might not be a popular pick in New York, but D'Antoni will make it work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080520

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to watch the draft just to see the reaction to that.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Riley is shopping the #2 pick already. Looks like he had his heart set on Rose and he now thinks Rose is a lock for CHI.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Two questions:
1-Can we get someone who will legitimately contribute at #15?
2-How do the Sonics get our #1 pick? Tell me it isn't some stupid, idiotic basketball thing where they got Kurt Thomas AND our #1 pick just to eat $$$ for us!

1 - if we don't we're morons.

2. no, no, no that WOULD be stupid and idiotic. they got kurt thomas and TWO of our #1 picks just to eat $$$ for us!!!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I guess the Heat would go for Beasley now. They badly need a SF. Rose would be reasonable for the Bulls.

why do they badly need a sf? they already have SG: Wade, SF: Marion, PF: Haslem. they would be better off with rose, though that is completely unlikely to happen.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Bulls should just take Rose and trade away Hinrich, maybe even Gordon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05