Chicago @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sunday Feb. 11, 2007 -6:00 pm

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Marion better stop crying about being the man. Bell & Marion totaly sucked balls tonight. This team continues to ignore getting Amare the ball. Bell thinks he is freaking Ray Allen

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Banks has had plenty of chances to prove himself. Does anyone still think he'll pan out?
He shot 50% and had 7 assists. He is getting better and more confident. He looked good in that 1st half.

Wow, wth happened in that 4th quarter? Damn!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are still harping on Banks after that game. He played fairly solid, which can't be said of Raja and Shawn. Those guys couldn't hit the broadside of a barn during that game. I even have more fault with Barbosa's game than Banks today. Sure he scored a lot of points but he overdribbled on several occasions and didn't really get everyone involved.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I'm also tired of people complaining about Shawn when he gets a double double with a high number of rebounds, 18 tonight, and ends up with something like 4 steals.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
Marion better stop crying about being the man. Bell & Marion totaly sucked balls tonight. This team continues to ignore getting Amare the ball. Bell thinks he is freaking Ray Allen

Raja és Marion were awful, Marion is really disappointing without Nash. But I thought that Amare was fed well, he got the ball almost every possible time, but he was defended very hard by one of the best defenders and still was double teamed several times.

We lost because of our defense, the zone didnt work at all (it was not a really good idea imo), Hinrich should never put so many points on the board, he is not that good scorer.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
I'm also tired of people complaining about Shawn when he gets a double double with a high number of rebounds, 18 tonight, and ends up with something like 4 steals.

He was not bad defensively (he couldnt stop Deng though), but how about his offense?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

When was the last time Marion cried about not being the man? Certainly not during these past few subpar games. He'd be the first to tell you he's playing like crap right now.

Bell thinks he is Ray Allen? Huh? The guy is a shooter (one of the best) and all the players on the team get the green light. You can't fault him for trying to get into a groove. I wonder if you complained last year when he was leading the league in 3-point percentage...

Amare just couldn't get anything going in that 4th quarter. The refs took him out of the game at the start of the quarter and he couldn't overcome it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We lost because of our defense, the zone didnt work at all (it was not a really good idea imo), Hinrich should never put so many points on the board, he is not that good scorer.

The zone certainly worked to get us the lead in the 3rd quarter.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Imo It was a really bad Strategy by Mike D’antoni to play a zone against the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls are a jump shooting team and add to the fact that Kirk Hinrich is a better three point shooter on the road than at home.

the past two games 236 points given up by the suns defense without Steve Nash in the line-up.:barf:

Nasser22

Reaction score
He was not bad defensively (he couldnt stop Deng though), but how about his offense?

He scored 11 points. We all know he's not the greatest at creating for himself, but he only took 9 shots and we had 2 players score over 25 so it's not a big deal. The offense was pretty good against a very good defense without our point guard.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one who liked seeing Burke in the game with Amare? If he could focus on putbacks on the offensive end I think he could be valuable even when KT and Diaw are back.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've got nothing positive to say about Burke. For every decent play he makes (rebound, steal, dunk), there's always 3-4 negative plays where the other team gets an easy layup or Burke is shooting 3's or loses his man on defense for wide open jumpers or dunks.

Burke came in for Amare at the end of the 3rd tonight and we had a 6-7 pt lead and then the Bulls got 4 layups in a row to take the lead back. D'Antoni called a timeout and yanked Burke right back out of the game.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
I've got nothing positive to say about Burke. For every decent play he makes (rebound, steal, dunk), there's always 3-4 negative plays where the other team gets an easy layup or Burke is shooting 3's or loses his man on defense for wide open jumpers or dunks.

Burke came in for Amare at the end of the 3rd tonight and we had a 6-7 pt lead and then the Bulls got 4 layups in a row to take the lead back. D'Antoni called a timeout and yanked Burke right back out of the game.

Notice I said "with Amare". That way you can still have an athletic presence to guard the basket from perimeter players while Burke can handle the less crafty bigs. I imagine I'm reaching.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I like Burke for now, but Kurt Thomas is just a tougher and better version so when he comes back and can log in 20-25 minutes there won't be room for Burke. I do hope we can get Rose and/or Banks as a 9th man though. D'Antoni needs to be smarter with the starter's minutes.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jalen Rose needs to play more in these instances

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
I like Burke for now, but Kurt Thomas is just a tougher and better version so when he comes back and can log in 20-25 minutes there won't be room for Burke. I do hope we can get Rose and/or Banks as a 9th man though. D'Antoni needs to be smarter with the starter's minutes.

There's no room for Banks in the long term. He's too short to NOT be a playmaker. This is because we already have a better version in LB.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I think Banks has played well lately though and is just starting to be more confident in his game. I think with his defense and speed he could be valuable to have for a few minutes here and there. Even with Barbosa Nash is playing way too many minutes. There's room to put in Banks for a little bit. Raja with us is also playing 9 minutes more per game than he ever did. I think it would be smart to put in Banks for at least 8 or so minutes a game just to rest those guys.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is also going back to his inconsistant self. You don't know which guy is going to show up from game to game. When you have a short bench and don't know what your going to get from Banks, James Jones is not much help either.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
The zone certainly worked to get us the lead in the 3rd quarter.

The Bulls scored over 50% from the field and 47% from downtown. Their 3rd quarter struggle was mainly becuase of their turnovers, off which we scored a lot of points.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is also going back to his inconsistant self. You don't know which guy is going to show up from game to game. When you have a short bench and don't know what your going to get from Banks, James Jones is not much help either.

Jones' defense was awesome last night...people seem to overlook that.

If he's not shooting well, he sucks apparently. But he played good D last night.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan