Chris Williams signs with Rams

Lomax15

Reaction score
Another outstanding move by our front office. Chris Williams signs with our divisional opponent.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_4ffd5eaa-1c59-11e2-ab15-001a4bcf6878.html
Lets see, we have more talent than the Rams, we have a better record than the Rams, better climate, grass field, an opportunity to start at LT and he chooses the Rams where they intend to play him at OG.
We probably didnt even offer him a contract, same old Cardinals.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I surprised they didn't go all out for this guy considering how bad our o-line play has been. Maybe the FO saw something about him they didn't like, hence the reason he was cut by the Bears, or maybe our FO is just completely inept.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IDC about Williams so much as this FO has brought in Nobody.

30 sacks in 4 weeks isnt enough to make a change?

Like the OP said, the Rams werent remotely as bad as us at Oline, and even they made a change.

Get ANYONE just as a sign to the fans that you are trying to improve.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless people believe the Bears OL coach is worse than Grimm I'm not sure why Williams was interesting? If they couldn't coach him up why would Grimm be able to?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another outstanding move by our front office. Chris Williams signs with our divisional opponent.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_4ffd5eaa-1c59-11e2-ab15-001a4bcf6878.html
Lets see, we have more talent than the Rams, we have a better record than the Rams, better climate, grass field, an opportunity to start at LT and he chooses the Rams where they intend to play him at OG.
We probably didnt even offer him a contract, same old Cardinals.

Is it outstanding to sign a OT cut by a team with OL woes, or is it just taking a shot in the dark? I would have liked to take a shot on Williams but I doubt he will be a huge contributor.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IDC about Williams so much as this FO has brought in Nobody.

30 sacks in 4 weeks isnt enough to make a change?

Like the OP said, the Rams werent remotely as bad as us at Oline, and even they made a change.

Get ANYONE just as a sign to the fans that you are trying to improve.
Yeah right, just blow hundreds of thousands of dollars just to show that they are doing something.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he probably knew this job would kill all chances at future signings.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah right, just blow hundreds of thousands of dollars just to show that they are doing something.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars in the NFL is nickles and dimes.

How much does Stewart Bradley make just to play special teams? Money isnt an issue.

And yes, they should "blow" that money just to apease the fans. Its better than letting us think they are OK with this this Oline.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Why are peeps bitching we didn't sign Williams? He's terrible & probably no better if any than Batiste. Seriously, come on...we act as if the dude is gonna solve our Oline troubles. :bang:

Who really thinks this team has a solid shot at the playoffs? I'm 99.99 % sure we won't sniff them. Sorry, just the reality of it all.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Why are peeps bitching we didn't sign Williams? He's terrible & probably no better if any than Batiste. Seriously, come on...we act as if the dude is gonna solve our Oline troubles. :bang:

Who really thinks this team has a solid shot at the playoffs? I'm 99.99 % sure we won't sniff them. Sorry, just the reality of it all.

Yup! All I can muster is mild disappointment. He might be ever so slightly better than Batiste, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hundreds of thousands of dollars in the NFL is nickles and dimes.

How much does Stewart Bradley make just to play special teams? Money isnt an issue.

And yes, they should "blow" that money just to apease the fans. Its better than letting us think they are OK with this this Oline.

You get the Hat trick for "really, really, really SILLY!

:thud::thud::thud:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Massie and Batiste are about to break the NFL record for sacks allowed, are you 100% positive he would not be any better? He couldn't be any worse, that's a fact.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Massie and Batiste are about to break the NFL record for sacks allowed, are you 100% positive he would not be any better? He couldn't be any worse, that's a fact.

Chris Williams has to be better just from having to block Julius Peppers every day in practice for the past three years.

That said, my hunch is that he took the Rams' offer because it looks like they want him to play LG (having just released today the old starter at LG Quinn Ojnnaka), which could well be Williams' preference---that is to play guard.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chris Williams will end up starting at least 30 more games in his career and put up better stats than Baustite ever will at any point in his career.

I'm more than willing to call that shot right now. Not signing him was a big mistake, the guy has some talent and some potential and was not a good fit in Chicago.

This non-signing was one of the most disappointing things I've seen the Cardinals do in a couple years. It was a gift from above that he was cut and we didn't take advantage. (Plus, we play the Bears this year).

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Williams has to be better just from having to block Julius Peppers every day in practice for the past three years.

That said, my hunch is that he took the Rams' offer because it looks like they want him to play LG (having just released today the old starter at LG Quinn Ojnnaka), which could well be Williams' preference---that is to play guard.

Jurecki says the Cards wanted him but he picked the Rams. You may be right regarding the position. It is disappointing as our OL is a disaster.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Jurecki says the Cards wanted him but he picked the Rams. You may be right regarding the position. It is disappointing as our OL is a disaster.

Jammer---What I wonder is just how badly the Cardinals wanted him...we will probably never know what they offered him, if they offered at all.

What these NON moves remind me of is coming off a Super Bowl and sitting on their hands for months not doing a thing and nearly screwing up the whole Kurt Warner contract fiasco.

The Cardinals have NO idea of what it means to be a front runner.

I'm sorry but it is very hard to be a fan of this organization---it is so freaking stagnant---they have NO clock management (FO and most of the time with the coaches) and NO ability to make adjustments (except for Ray Horton)---not even at 4-0 and having a chance to be special.

No other self-respecting Super Bowl wannabe organization would have left these egregious needs untended to.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He wanted to go to the Rams? Good, because I have a feeling we'll beat them at home.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dunno whether Williams was any good or merely a fans' pipe dream.

What I do know is that the team has suffered thru several weeks of ineptitude and the only FO action has been to sign, cut and then re-sign Pat McQuistan.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chris Williams will end up starting at least 30 more games in his career and put up better stats than Baustite ever will at any point in his career.

I'm more than willing to call that shot right now. Not signing him was a big mistake, the guy has some talent and some potential and was not a good fit in Chicago.

This non-signing was one of the most disappointing things I've seen the Cardinals do in a couple years. It was a gift from above that he was cut and we didn't take advantage. (Plus, we play the Bears this year).

I'm not disappointed to lose a guy who prefers an offer to play guard in ST Louis than compete for a L-taackle job with the Cards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan