Cincinnati Bengals @ Arizona Cardinals pre game thread. 10/1/23-10/7/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
4 eligible to return and 3 roster spots made available...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
So seems like Daley, Williams and Sanders coming back? When a player comes back from IR and starts their 'practice time' do they count on the 53 immediately?
I don't think so, because if they aren't fully activated during the 3 week window, they go to season ending IR. I think the type of injuries that Daley and Sanders and the fact they were in camp and practicing, previously, might mean they won't need the 3 week period. I would think they'll take their time with Williams, though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So seems like Daley, Williams and Sanders coming back? When a player comes back from IR and starts their 'practice time' do they count on the 53 immediately?
If they come off IR they go right back onto the roster.

If they come off PUP they can practice for two weeks before you have to determine whether to place them on season-ending IR.

I don't think the Cards are required to take anyone off IR before/until they're ready -- this is just the earliest they can be re-activated.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thus ends the Christian Matthew era in ARZ.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Matthew come back to the practice squad.

Hard to imagine Williams contributing much this season. Ojulari is completely overwhelmed and he's been practicing for a month and had some camp time. Williams hasn't played football in a year.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Matthew come back to the practice squad.

Hard to imagine Williams contributing much this season. Ojulari is completely overwhelmed and he's been practicing for a month and had some camp time. Williams hasn't played football in a year.
Is it possible a CB might be able to adapt more quickly, especially if playing more M2M?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Is it possible a CB might be able to adapt more quickly, especially if playing more M2M?
Maybe, but the body has to get back into football shape, and seasoned professional athletes seem to take four months or more to do so -- even when they stay "in shape" throughout the offseason.

Williams lacked offseason workouts and training camp and four-plus weeks of practices.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
I don't think so, because if they aren't fully activated during the 3 week window, they go to season ending IR. I think the type of injuries that Daley and Sanders and the fact they were in camp and practicing, previously, might mean they won't need the 3 week period. I would think they'll take their time with Williams, though.
They changed that rule. One can stay on PUP as long as the team wants with no repercussions. If they come off PUP then they have to be on the active roster by a certain time. I don’t remember the time or penalty if not.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
They changed that rule. One can stay on PUP as long as the team wants with no repercussions. If they come off PUP then they have to be on the active roster by a certain time. I don’t remember the time or penalty if not.
Right, the 3 week rule applies when they are designated to return from PUP.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems optimistic. He threw for 165 yards yesterday playing behind the whole game. He's throwing at a 57% completion rate on the year. Has 2 TD's and 2 INT's in 4 games and is averaging 182 yards per game.

Seems like a big gamble for them to bet on him suddenly getting better.
I think it will be a close W or a close L, but thankfully the KK days are over. If he were still the HC, Burrow/Cincy would absolutely be getting the ship righted this week. I’m so damn glad those bad old days are in the past!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have not been a blitzing team, that might have to change on Sunday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat