Clippers at Suns Game Thread

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Twice this season, the Los Angeles Clippers have failed to score 80 points in a game. Last time out, the Phoenix Suns scored 80 -- in the first half.
The banged-up Clippers (6-4) will try to slow down the Suns' prolific offense and snap Phoenix?s seven-game winning streak when they visit the US Airways Center on Friday.They'll have to avoid allowing the Suns (10-2) to have a first quarter similar to the one they had against Sacramento on Wednesday. Phoenix, which leads the NBA with 108.1 points per game, hit 18 of its first 21 shots and scored 47 points in the first for its highest-scoring quarter of the season.They added 33 in the second quarter, and cruised to a 127-111 win, their second in as many nights against the Kings."We came out with a lot of intensity and energy early," center Amare Stoudemire said. "We pretty much had those guys in the hills all night and that's what we wanted to do. We wanted to come out and show some energy."Ever since Stoudemire returned after missing three games with a knee injury, the Suns have been nearly unstoppable. They've scored at least 100 points in all seven games since his return, winning them all and averaging 111.3 points.Wednesday's outburst even enabled Stoudemire to rest for much of the second half. He had 13 points in just 19 minutes, while Shawn Marion had 25 and Steve Nash and Leandro Barbosa each scored 18. Nash had 15 assists in 27 minutes."We have some good players, and we've had those games where we weren't clicking," said forward Grant Hill, who had 15. "But tonight guys were, and guys made the extra pass, and 47 points in the first quarter is pretty amazing."The Clippers were also impressive in their last game, beating Denver 101-90 to snap the Nuggets' six-game winning streak. But Los Angeles had floundered since its surprising 4-0 start, losing four of five, including a 92-73 loss to struggling Chicago last Saturday.Coming into this season, not much was expected from the Clippers, who missed the playoffs last season and are still without injured players Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston.It didn't help when leading scorer Corey Maggette went down with a hamstring strain and Cuttino Mobley strained his groin. Nine different players have started games for Los Angeles this season.The Clippers' offense awakened against Denver, as five different players scored in double figures and Chris Kaman had 17 points and 21 rebounds. The 7-foot center has seven double-doubles this season, and is third in the NBA with 14.1 rebounds per game.Rookie Al Thornton had 12 points in his first career start after missing a game with an ankle injury, while Quinton Ross (17 points) and Mobley (14) both had big games off the bench."I was going to try to sit out a week to try and get my leg 100 percent, but coach (Mike Dunleavy) needed me," Mobley said. "He said, 'If you could squeak one of these out for us, that will help us down the line.' I'm all about the team, man. I can get guys open shots and create some for myself."They may need him to create, especially after point guard Brevin Knight went down with a groin strain against Denver. Knight had seven assists in just 14 minutes before the injury.Since a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in their home opener, Phoenix has won four straight at home, averaging 113.8 points. But the Clippers were one of just seven teams to win at Phoenix last season, winning 103-99 on April 17, and splitting four games with the Suns overall.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=271123021

Clippers 95
Suns 110

Nash

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
lol i wonder why, is g-unit no more popular ?

I thought the hand in the face was some sort of wrestling reference. Not sure who or why. The saying that always comes to my mind when I see that is " you can't see me"

can anybody help clear this up for me

suns 115
LAC 101

Amare 24/12

bluSoul

Reaction score
any live stream for this game?

hopefully so.. i have a directv league pass but everytime i try to sign up online it says my account number is wrong. if i do get it going then i'll surely pass it on to whoever wants it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns keep up the good streak and beat the clippers glad that Raja Bell is back :).

My prediction is

Suns 116

Clippers 103

Leading Scorer Amare

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good way to start the game for the suns Amare with a power dunk :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am glad Bell is back but I wish we would keep Barbosa in the lineup instead of Bell he just adds more punch to the offense. Then let Bell come off the bench to play some defense and add on a few threes

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Someone needs to sit down with Diaw and tell him to step it up. The guy just looks so smooth out there when he is trying to score. I just have no idea why the guy can't just put it all together.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Someone needs to sit down with Diaw and tell him to step it up. The guy just looks so smooth out there when he is trying to score. I just have no idea why the guy can't just put it all together.

has someone blocked Diaw's shot so hard last year that he just got scared of shooting from inside?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice to see were going down to amare who is having a great great game making some nice dunks tonight and rebounding well :)