Closed Door Meeting Held After Loss to Bulls

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
The meeting with Nash and Hill was probably asking them where they would want to be traded if it could be worked out as the FO is preparing to blow up the team.
That was the first thing I thought of when I read that article. That Hill & Nash's meeting was to talk about the possiblility of trading them. Who knows though.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
NASH DOES NOT GIVE A SH$$...he looks miserable...ship him out...blow it all up...i was on the floor last night and you could see that shaq was the only one trying to rally the team....we are trash...amare is a stupid .....BLOW IT UPPPPPPPPPPPP

He looks miserable because he's exhausted, has a bad back, doesn't have a backup, and has a stupid conehead coach that has no idea how to coach.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
He looks miserable because he's exhausted, has a bad back, doesn't have a backup, and has a stupid conehead coach that has no idea how to coach.

lol conehead, I thought this guy was the AFSN chioce of choices.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you wanna blow it up, Nash & Amare for Kidd & Stack

That's 28 mill in expirings.

I want something significant in return, not just expiring contracts. Too bad the Mavs gave away two first round picks in trading for Kidd. It might have at least added some interest to the conversation.

I don't feel like giving the Mavs a Championship.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Fire Porter, and trade Amare/Tucker for Chris Wilcox/Joe Smith/Earl Watson.

That's a nice deal except we don't get any good youth in return. It is probably too much to ask for Westbrook. But I heard they r loaded with first round picks for next few years. Put 1 or 2 in, then it's a deal.

I really like Watson to backup Nash. This little guy can really defend.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Porter needs to go but with full awareness that Kerr initiated this debacle. Amare most likely needs to follow. Maybe rebuilding is the only answer left as the Suns are like scrambled eggs.

I am climbing on board this wagon. It seems quite clear by now that Porter can't get Amare to change his stripes and play defense - play smart ball. Get rid of both of them.

Trade Amare and whoever else... I support a package for a talented "role" player(s) to help us win now, and good first round picks for potential talent later. We have the star talent to win now... just need more energy guys.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with the "Trade Stoudemire for "good" role players and draft picks".

If not, trade for a more mature "star" player and maybe a young prospect/ draft pick.

I am still optimistic that Brand + Pick/Speights is a good trade for both.

76ers run a lot and will thrive as Stoudemire has Dalembert who can cover him.
Suns get Brand who JUST needs to put effort on the defensive end and rebounding for the Suns to get positive value. Suns dont really need him for scoring...

Richardson, Nash, O'Neal and Brand all veterans who can sacrifice and are "willing" to do so...

Stoudemire to me, is pouting that the he is not putting up all-star numbers and/or the team isnt going through him as No.1.
And his lack of rebounding instinct and defensive mindset is really doing HUGE damage to the Suns.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Follow up the trade talk about OKC. We definitely like to get Jeff Green to be our SF for future, but it will be hard to convince them give up Green. We have a little chance as both Durant and Green r natually SF, Durant were forced to play SG last season while Green plays some of his minutes at PF this season. Will they consider replacing Green by Barbosa, he should be a better running mate with Durant.

It'll be sad for me to see Barbosa leave. But if we get Watson, he'll lose a lot of playing time anyway.

Amare + Barbosa + Tucker for Green + Wilcox + Watson + Joe Smith, it works perfectly financial wise.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Follow up the trade talk about OKC. We definitely like to get Jeff Green to be our SF for future, but it will be hard to convince them give up Green. We have a little chance as both Durant and Green r natually SF, Durant were forced to play SG last season while Green plays some of his minutes at PF this season. Will they consider replacing Green by Barbosa, he should be a better running mate with Durant.

It'll be sad for me to see Barbosa leave. But if we get Watson, he'll lose a lot of playing time anyway.

Amare + Barbosa + Tucker for Green + Wilcox + Watson + Joe Smith, it works perfectly financial wise.

The resulting team would have no chance of contending in the next 5 years!

:barf:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score

Come on, who the hell is talking about contending?!? All this deal does is a young rising player, a first round pick, maybe unprotected, and 10M expiring contract. It is just to prepare for 2010 summer, by then this team will also have huge salary cap with both Shaq and Nash off the book.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the Suns have a chance of competing for a Championship in the next five years anyway unless something special falls in their lap. Those dreams of winning a Championship left with DA. Maybe Suns fans can pretend they didn't lose something special if they drink heavy doses of kool-aid.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Come on, who the hell is talking about contending?!? All this deal does is a young rising player, a first round pick, maybe unprotected, and 10M expiring contract. It is just to prepare for 2010 summer, by then this team will also have huge salary cap with both Shaq and Nash off the book.

If it's all about 2010, you don't need to dump your asset when its price is at its lowest. At peak, Amare is worth a top 5-10 player in a trade. And, no real impact player would choose Suns in 2010 anyway, the way this franchise is run currently.

I don't think the Suns have a chance of competing for a Championship in the next five years anyway unless something special falls in their lap. Those dreams of winning a Championship left with DA. Maybe Suns fans can pretend they didn't lose something special if they drink heavy doses of kool-aid.

I disagree. Porter and Nash are the obstacles towards being a real contender in my assessment.

Hypothetically, we could get Sloan to coach the CURRENT roster in place of Porter. If he could convince Nash to play like Stockton did, the front court of Shaq/Amare is better than Malone in his prime while the role players Hill, JRich, LB are all better than any third best player Sloan had, whether it's Russell, Hornecek, or Marshall. Which ever the coach, Nash playing the way and the minutes he did under DA will prevent us from being a contender by itself. It's just oxymoron to think we could keep DA's offensive efficiency with a better defense. It's mutually exclusive!

Porter is just not a good coach. He must go. Then, it'd be easier for anyone new to make it potentially a contender if we were to trade Nash and thus force the team into another game plan completely. Say, Nash for Salmons and Udrih.

SunsStatFan

Reaction score
Totally agree, we must trade Nash ASAP.

If it's all about 2010, you don't need to dump your asset when its price is at its lowest. At peak, Amare is worth a top 5-10 player in a trade. And, no real impact player would choose Suns in 2010 anyway, the way this franchise is run currently.

I disagree. Porter and Nash are the obstacles towards being a real contender in my assessment.

Hypothetically, we could get Sloan to coach the CURRENT roster in place of Porter. If he could convince Nash to play like Stockton did, the front court of Shaq/Amare is better than Malone in his prime while the role players Hill, JRich, LB are all better than any third best player Sloan had, whether it's Russell, Hornecek, or Marshall. Which ever the coach, Nash playing the way and the minutes he did under DA will prevent us from being a contender by itself. It's just oxymoron to think we could keep DA's offensive efficiency with a better defense. It's mutually exclusive!

Porter is just not a good coach. He must go. Then, it'd be easier for anyone new to make it potentially a contender if we were to trade Nash and thus force the team into another game plan completely. Say, Nash for Salmons and Udrih.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score

Sorry, you must have forgotten that Amare has player option for 2010-2011. If this team doesn't improve much by the end of this season, another first round exit or even miss the playoff. By this summer, every GM in the league knows Amare will opt out and leave Phoenix, nobody will trade for him.

If we r going to trade Amare, the time is NOW!

About impact players, they choose money more often than contending.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

Watson is a chucker. He shoots 41% for his career from the field. He is not what the team needs. He is also going on 30 years old. Joe smith is in his last days, and probably would only want to go to a contender. Wilcox is a very poor man's amare. None of those players are young and rising. None. That's a god-awful deal for the suns.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Sorry, you must have forgotten that Amare has player option for 2010-2011. If this team doesn't improve much by the end of this season, another first round exit or even miss the playoff. By this summer, every GM in the league knows Amare will opt out and leave Phoenix, nobody will trade for him.

If we r going to trade Amare, the time is NOW!

About impact players, they choose money more often than contending.

Who ever has a franchise player, it is always theirs to lose. The current team always has a huge advantage to resign the player, so much so that teams would offer a lot for this right. So, every GM will try to get a verbal commitment from the player and try to trade for him, just like how TMac and Shaq were traded with only one year left on the contract.

Max money is the same everywhere unless it's signing with the same team. For this reason, Amare would ask for a sign and trade even if opting out! And for the same money they'd choose somewhere else to go, leaving only the 2nd tier ones like Googs for the Suns to show their money for!:mad::bang:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Watson is a chucker. He shoots 41% for his career from the field. He is not what the team needs. He is also going on 30 years old. Joe smith is in his last days, and probably would only want to go to a contender. Wilcox is a very poor man's amare. None of those players are young and rising. None. That's a god-awful deal for the suns.

Man, without Jeff Green and unprotected first round pick, there is no deal.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Who ever has a franchise player, it is always theirs to lose. The current team always has a huge advantage to resign the player, so much so that teams would offer a lot for this right. So, every GM will try to get a verbal commitment from the player and try to trade for him, just like how TMac and Shaq were traded with only one year left on the contract.

Max money is the same everywhere unless it's signing with the same team. For this reason, Amare would ask for a sign and trade even if opting out! And for the same money they'd choose somewhere else to go, leaving only the 2nd tier ones like Googs for the Suns to show their money for!:mad::bang:

Do you really want to have Amare Freaking Stoudemire eating up 25% of your payroll? I believe his deal would start at $19 Mil per, and would go up 1 or 2 mil every year.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Do you really want to have Amare Freaking Stoudemire eating up 25% of your payroll? I believe his deal would start at $19 Mil per, and would go up 1 or 2 mil every year.

Somebody will. And they are willing to trade assets for it. However, if you only want to have a secondary role for Amare after a player like Nash/Shaq, you might not want to. Look at what Rashard Lewis got. That's reality.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Look at what Rashard Lewis got. That's reality.

Yes, but that's an awful contract, and the probability that Orlando will be regretting it within a couple of years is about 98%. If they aren't already.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
imo,
nash, hill and lou are the only ones on this team that deserve a ring for their efforts

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

I disagree on two fronts, and agree on one:

1) Jerry Sloan can be left in Utah.
2) Nash isn't the main problem and should stay (unless he wants out, then trade him to TOR or NYN).
3) Porter should go.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Somebody will. And they are willing to trade assets for it. However, if you only want to have a secondary role for Amare after a player like Nash/Shaq, you might not want to. Look at what Rashard Lewis got. That's reality.

Well, that's fine. If somebody wants to give a role player 25-30% of their payroll- let them.
Those contracts should be reserved for guys who can LEAD the team- Kevin Garnetts, Kobe Bryants, and Dwight Howards of the NBA, not good one-dimensional role players with knee issues like Stoudemire.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser