Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First 6 episodes are out. Just watched 1, so far it has lost its appeal to me but I guess I will give it more time.

The age thing is a huge problem, the daughter is a senior in HS played by a 28 year old, Tory is 26, they're almost all in their mid 20's and not believable in the roles.

I'll give it some more time but the first few seasons was cool nostalgia, episode 1 was more about me laughing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First 6 episodes are out. Just watched 1, so far it has lost its appeal to me but I guess I will give it more time.

The age thing is a huge problem, the daughter is a senior in HS played by a 28 year old, Tory is 26, they're almost all in their mid 20's and not believable in the roles.

I'll give it some more time but the first few seasons was cool nostalgia, episode 1 was more about me laughing.

Isn't this the final season? Age was a factor beyond season 2, IMO. As soon as Terry Silver returned though the quality dipped and overall age issues became harder to overlook.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
I haven't started S6 yet (going to tonight) but I agree on the kids' ages for the last couple seasons. I always thought (not sure if I said it here) that they needed to do what Friday Night Lights did and rotate out the kids after a few seasons.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We're starting S6 tonight as well. I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it. As long as Johnny Lawrence is around I don't care what they do with the kids.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
I'm 4 episodes in and it's not catching me like previous seasons. In the past I burned through it in a night. This season I'm only doing an episode or two and then looking to watch something else. The adults stuff is good for the most part but the kids are once again the weak point of the show. No surprise since they were in previous seasons.

I hope they go somewhere with the Mr. Miyagi and it wasn't just thrown in for random drama. I don't want to give him a checkered past just to knock him down a peg.

Ugh on the LaRusso kids. Does anyone buy either of them as a fighter? They feel way too forced.

The bad guys. Not again. We're in the too repetitive sage now.

When the pink bomb went off. I swear that the "I'm too old for this" line was from Ralph and not Daniel. ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished the first 5, it got better but still wasn't really getting in to it.

the twist at the end was too predictable and again as is being said online makes no sense at all. I won't spoil it but totally implausible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished the first 5, it got better but still wasn't really getting in to it.

the twist at the end was too predictable and again as is being said online makes no sense at all. I won't spoil it but totally implausible.
Yeah… that ending of 5 was definitely plot pushing character instead of the other way around.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm 4 episodes in and it's not catching me like previous seasons. In the past I burned through it in a night. This season I'm only doing an episode or two and then looking to watch something else. The adults stuff is good for the most part but the kids are once again the weak point of the show. No surprise since they were in previous seasons.

I hope they go somewhere with the Mr. Miyagi and it wasn't just thrown in for random drama. I don't want to give him a checkered past just to knock him down a peg.

Ugh on the LaRusso kids. Does anyone buy either of them as a fighter? They feel way too forced.

The bad guys. Not again. We're in the too repetitive sage now.

When the pink bomb went off. I swear that the "I'm too old for this" line was from Ralph and not Daniel. ;)

The kids were fine early on. The first 2-3 seasons. It was after Miguel learned to walk again that I'd gotten sick of their drama. The love square with Tori, Miguel, Sam, and Robbie is exhausting and unnecessary.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched all but the last episode. I'm liking this season and find it bittersweet it's ending. I wish there was more now but waiting until November made me stop at the last episode so I don't get stuck on a cliff hanger, as I'm expecting.

I did like Mike Barnes return. I didn't care much for the attempt at suspense as far as who goes to the Takai Sekai. However they did the best they could with it.

I have to say I didn't mind the kids this season at all, at least most of them. I like Hawk, Tori, Kenny, Miguel, Sam, and Devin while the only kid I don't like is Anthony. His inclusion feels forced and he reminds me of Daniel in KK3, when he was his most annoying. I really don't care for him at all and its worse considering how far he's come in terms of his karate skills in such a short time.

I think my main issue with the kids is how they shoehorn in the romantic drama with them. I enjoyed the guys (Miguel, Hawk, and Demetri) visiting the college. Its when the boys and girls are together though that it gets unbearable for me.

Love the stuff with Johnny. He definitely carries the show. Hope things go well for him but not in too much of a Hollywood way.