Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an opinion. The Bills had a long runback on either our first or second kickoffs, and we all know what Deejay Dallas did. So I can see teams kicking through the end zone, and letting teams start at the 30, thus taking the return out of the game. Anyone agree/disagree?
Been saying this after the first preseason game.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We looked better than the Jets, Bengals, Packers, Browns, Falcons all of whom have higher projected win totals. On to week 2 where we’ll have a better idea on things stand.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

Bills offensive tackles Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown went a perfect 31-for-31 in pass-blocking snaps, per ESPN, meaning the Cardinals' edge group didn't win a single pass-rushing rep.
To be fair, Zaven had a sack erased due to a phantom call from the refs. But the edge situation is still really dire.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah who would of thought relying solely on one player to "break out" was going to end badly.
Beej was never gonna get more than 8 sacks this season anyway.
But I do think if he and Darius Robinson had both been on the field our defense comes away looking better than they did.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The game wasn't just the 2nd half. This is the problem with this board. We could have played awesome for 3 quarters and tanked the 4th to lose and the first 3 quarters get forgotten.

There was lot in this game to be positive about. You don't score 28 on the road at the Bills without their being some positives.

Nobody scored more than 25 on the Bills at home last year.
I guess where we differ is I don't feel we played that well in the first half.

The Bills went right down the field everytime and without a lucky strip sack we would have been tied at halftime.

Also on offense we had like 0 gains over 10 yards all game. I expect better than that against any team.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QBs miss open WR every weekend so I don’t necessarily put the blame on Kyler for that but I do think it speaks to the ongoing issue of how he sees the field and goes through his progressions. This has been an issue for some time

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bills only attempted 2 passes that were deeper than 10 yards. One was incomplete to MVS, and the 28 yarder to Coleman in the 4th. All other passes Allen attempted were short.

The Cardinals had 4 deep passes in the game. Two to McBride that fell incomplete. The one that Michael Wilson Dropped on the last drive and the 4th down pass to Dortch at the end of the game.

Both teams did not take many deep shots. Not sure if it was because of the wind or not.
I was there. Trust me, the wind did matter. It was gusting to almost 35 mph at times. More so in the 2nd half.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess where we differ is I don't feel we played that well in the first half.

The Bills went right down the field everytime and without a lucky strip sack we would have been tied at halftime.

Also on offense we had like 0 gains over 10 yards all game. I expect better than that against any team.

That's not accurate, Just off the top of my head I know JC had a 20 yards run, Demarcado had a 20+ yard catch and run. Kyler had at least a few of 10+ yards runs. I think JC's screen on the 1st drive was over 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky