Cody Ross dislocated his hip

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bagged on the guy, but no one deserves that kind of pain. oof.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a weird play that was. IT was like his leg just locked up. That sucks. WIsh him a quick and healthy recovery!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Never like to see that happen to anyone... Well - maybe Puig.... No, not really... I'm pretty sure...

Get well fast Cody and best of luck wherever your next adventure takes you ...

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think Cody's career is likely over, which is really sad.

His doctor said the injury is not a sports injury. Instead he most often sees trauma of this magnitude in car accidents. Cody was opened up from his tailbone to the front of his hip in order to fix all the damage.

Doctor won't make any guarantee that more surgery won't be needed. Won't even venture a guess on if he'll ever be able to play again.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
That is very sad for Cody

Yeah, I feel for him. No athlete should have a traumatic injury take their careers away. At least he is set for life. He has a nice home in Scottsdale and a really loving family. He'll never have to work again, so I can think of worse fates.

But I know none of that is a consolation right now. He just wants to know if he'll ever get to play another game in the sport he's loved his whole life.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He'll never have to work again, so I can think of worse fates.
We never thought that Cody's injury would end his career. He has shown himself to be a team player and a dedicated man.

For that reason, I don't that he'll never work again. I expect that he will, as much as his health allows, be active in coaching young players, regardless of the level in which he ultimately participates.

I join all of you in wishing Cody a smooth recovery and best wishes in coping with the frustration of it all.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Reaction score
He is a good guy and a good team player/ It is sad to have a career ending injury. It is not his fault he was offered that contract. Any of us would have taken it too. IT does not look good for him to play again. To be a good team player his contract will be paid by insurance and allow the team to get out from under it

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His optimism is not backed up by any medical opinion as of right now.

Just his attitude in general. He will fight to get back. I just don't know if it will be physically possible.

That well could be, I posted the above as its the only statement I've seen.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
That well could be, I posted the above as its the only statement I've seen.

Yeah. I'm just relaying what his sister told me. I know Cody will fight to get back and he has every belief that he will. I just wish some doctor, somewhere, would give us a reason to be as optimistic as he is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser