Congrats to the Steelers

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Hey - in a week all anyone will remember is that they won the game and that they will always have a ring for this one

The hawks could of played better. Numerous drops and a couple missed FGs hurt them bad.

Losing Manuel and Bernard really hurt them. Pruitt got beat on 2 of the 3 big plays by Pittsburgh.

The officiating was very, very hard to swallow - but as a hawks fan you get used to all that.

It was a good season though and even in a loss I wouldn't trade in the past month. Sure beats starting draft talk in November.

Now the hawks need to refocus, come back with a chip on their shoulder to force the NFL to accept them.

The cards better get to work because the hawks are coming to win their third straight NFC West championship :D

I enjoyed this season with all of you guys and look forward to doing it all again next year.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to them, they definitely deserved it. I wonder what the odds were for the Steelers winning the Super Bowl before the playoffs began? Winning at Cincy, at Indianapolis, at Denver and then beating the NFC's #1 team is unbelievable.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Congrats Bettis.

Seattle kicker Brown might want to start posting his resume on Monster.com.

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
he missed from 50 and 54 - i'll leave the rope at home on this one - brown is a good kicker

pruitt played a really bad game ... but there is a reason why he is 4th on the depth chart at a position like FS (chart goes hamlin, manuel, howell, pruitt)

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
he missed from 50 and 54 - i'll leave the rope at home on this one - brown is a good kicker

pruitt played a really bad game ... but there is a reason why he is 4th on the depth chart at a position like FS (chart goes hamlin, manuel, howell, pruitt)

I agree, but if you want to win it all, your kicker should be able to hit a 50 yarder, IMO. His two misses gave the Steelers good field position.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Oran said:
I agree, but if you want to win it all, your kicker should be able to hit a 50 yarder, IMO. His two misses gave the Steelers good field position.

yup.

The 54 yarder is tough, but you gotta make the 50 yrder...ESPECIALLY in a dome.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Jets only scored one touchdown that game and it was a run by Snell.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Hawk said:
Here is a good question.

How many teams have won the Super Bowl with their QB not throwing a single TD pass? Besides the 2006 Steelers.

So far:

SB III: Jets
SB VIII: Dolphins
SB XX: Bears
SB XXVIII: Cowboys
SB XL: Steelers

Checking more of the older games.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scoring of SB XX:

CHI 46 NE 10

NE- FG Franklin 36
CHI- FG Butler 28
CHI- FG Butler 24
CHI- Suhey 11 run (Butler kick)
CHI- McMahon 2 run (Butler kick)
CHI- FG Butler 24
CHI- McMahon 1 run (Butler kick)
CHI- Phillips 28 interception return (Butler kick)
CHI- Perry 1 run (Butler kick)
NE- Fryar 8 pass from Grogan (Franklin kick)
CHI- Safety, Waechter sacked Grogan in end zone

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams that won the Super Bowl with no touchdown passes by their QB:

SB III: Jets
SB VIII: Dolphins
SB XXVIII: Cowboys
SB XXXII: Broncos
SB XL: Steelers

Only a couple more to check.

Surprised by how many times it has happened. Cool to know.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams that won the Super Bowl with no touchdown passes by their QB:

SB III: Jets (16-7)
SB VIII: Dolphins (24-7)
SB XX: Bears (46-10)
SB XXVIII: Cowboys (30-13)
SB XXXII: Broncos (31-24)
SB XL: Steelers (21-10)

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
Hey - in a week all anyone will remember is that they won the game and that they will always have a ring for this one

The hawks could of played better. Numerous drops and a couple missed FGs hurt them bad.

Losing Manuel and Bernard really hurt them. Pruitt got beat on 2 of the 3 big plays by Pittsburgh.

The officiating was very, very hard to swallow - but as a hawks fan you get used to all that.

It was a good season though and even in a loss I wouldn't trade in the past month. Sure beats starting draft talk in November.

Now the hawks need to refocus, come back with a chip on their shoulder to force the NFL to accept them.

The cards better get to work because the hawks are coming to win their third straight NFC West championship :D

I enjoyed this season with all of you guys and look forward to doing it all again next year.

Great season for the Hawks. I didn't think they would do near as well this year after losing guys like Lucas on defense, but the D was actually better than last years. They didn't play their best game yesterday. Even if they had, the zebras looked like they were going to make sure the Steelers won.

What do you think will happen in the offseason with Hutchinson and Alexander? Who will get the tag?

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
not sure how the offseason will play

i heard rumor from a very unreliable source that the hawks were willing to offer a gaurenteed $7M for the first 3 years to shaun .. if that is the case I don't imagine a deal not getting done

i think both guys are 50/50

I think if shaun walks then they will bite the bullet and tag hutch .... if shaun signs i think they will try and work out hutch the conventional way

should be interesting

Hopefully they can get both done and then turn their attention to getting a young WR and more defense

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
The owner has the cash. If you guys need a WR we'll trade you Bryant Johnson straight up for Hutchinson. :D

The Cardinals screwed up the first time they had the chance at Hutch by taking Big. I can't see Holmgren and Allen letting him get away via free agency. They will find a way to keep both.

Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:

The Seahawks had a great season! Congrats!

I look forward to the Cardinal/Seahawk games next season - they should be good contests.

I appreciate your participation on the board MO, you are a class poster.

Being a "Pennsylvania boy" it was good to see the Steelers get "ONE for the THUMB"!!!

Last edited:

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Last night was one of the few times I was not rooting for the underdog. I just could not root for a division rival

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser