Contract Details?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I have weeded through many posts and all I can find is that Berry signed for 5 years and got a 5 mill bonus.

Does anyone have the full info of the contract in total #s? As well as the other two FA P/Us???

Bye the way I love the Berry and King aquisition! :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Ok I have weeded through many posts and all I can find is that Berry signed for 5 years and got a 5 mill bonus.

Does anyone have the full info of the contract in total #s? As well as the other two FA P/Us???

Bye the way I love the Berry and King aquisition! :thumbup:

I dont think we will know for sure until Monday when the league offices get and accept the contracts, since they are closed on Sat. and Sun.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Contract Details?

Originally posted by joeshmo
I dont think we will know for sure until Monday when the league offices get and accept the contracts, since they are closed on Sat. and Sun.

Then why do other teams sign players and the details of the contract are available rigth away?

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Contract Details?

Then why do other teams sign players and the details of the contract are available rigth away?

Because the Cards operate on Arizona Retrograde Time. :D

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Five years, avg 5 million per year, bonus about $5 million. Full breakdown, year by year, will be later this week.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lrk27
Five years, avg 5 million per year, bonus about $5 million. Full breakdown, year by year, will be later this week.

Tell me your kidding? Average of 5 million per year? Sounds like a lot.

What about the other two P/Us?

What are we the only team that doesnt give details right away?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Contract Details?

Usually people from the team leak out the information to the media.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Contract Details?

Originally posted by Evil Ash
Usually people from the team leak out the information to the media.

Well that means every team but the cards have a leak. Very strange IMO!

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals | King Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:32:08 -0800

Updating a previous report, Roger Mills, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the contract signed by QB Shaun King with the Arizona Cardinals is a two-year deal worth about $3 million. King will also get the opportunity to compete for the starting job with QB Josh McCown. "I feel very excited about the opportunity," King said. "Coach Green is an incredible football mind, and I'm looking forward to going there and working with him and being part of a turnaround (of the franchise)."

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metal Militia
Cardinals | King Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:32:08 -0800

Updating a previous report, Roger Mills, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports the contract signed by QB Shaun King with the Arizona Cardinals is a two-year deal worth about $3 million. King will also get the opportunity to compete for the starting job with QB Josh McCown. "I feel very excited about the opportunity," King said. "Coach Green is an incredible football mind, and I'm looking forward to going there and working with him and being part of a turnaround (of the franchise)."

Thanks!

Im really curious to see them all broken down. I wanna see how much slary cap room we have left!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Graves said we would sign 3-5 players this free agency. So, using my good math skills, I predict we sign 1 or 2 more players.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Graves said we would sign 3-5 players this free agency. So, using my good math skills, I predict we sign 1 or 2 more players.

I agree but depending on how much money we have left will determine if we can afford to go after one of the actual good CBs left on the market!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree but depending on how much money we have left will determine if we can afford to go after one of the actual good CBs left on the market!

Uh, I'd be willing to wager we have PLENTY of money left...unless Graves is a complete incompetent in structuring contracts, which I don't believe is the case.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Uh, I'd be willing to wager we have PLENTY of money left...unless Graves is a complete incompetent in structuring contracts, which I don't believe is the case.

Per this morning's Republic.....

The Cardinals are believed to be about $9 million under the salary cap and are seeking help at cornerback and on the offensive line.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks!

Im really curious to see them all broken down. I wanna see how much slary cap room we have left!

In the republic today it said,
"The Cardinals are believed to be about $9 million under the salary cap and are seeking help at cornerback and on the offensive line."

So I assume that numbers is after the FA signings but not after rookie cap space. So not knowing the exact detials of the contracts yet it looks like after rookie pool we still have 4 mill left to spend.

Edit - earthsci beat me to it.

Stout

Reaction score
In the republic today it said,
"The Cardinals are believed to be about $9 million under the salary cap and are seeking help at cornerback and on the offensive line."

So I assume that numbers is after the FA signings but not after rookie cap space. So not knowing the exact detials of the contracts yet it looks like after rookie pool we still have 4 mill left to spend.

Edit - earthsci beat me to it.

Not sure on that...I could be wrong, but from all I was hearing, they were listing our cap space AFTER the rookie pool was factored in.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Not sure on that...I could be wrong, but from all I was hearing, they were listing our cap space AFTER the rookie pool was factored in.

That is impossible since our cap space before the FA signings was 15.8 mill take away the 5 mill rookie pool that gives us 10.8 mill. I am willing to be we spent more then 1.8 mill on the 3 FAs we signed. Berrys signing bonus was for 5 mill at 5 years so Berrys signing bonus would cost us 1 mill this year, leaving only 0.8 mill left in base salaries to 3 guys. I highly doubt it.

Stout

Reaction score
That is impossible since our cap space before the FA signings was 15.8 mill take away the 5 mill rookie pool that gives us 10.8 mill. I am willing to be we spent more then 1.8 mill on the 3 FAs we signed. Berrys signing bonus was for 5 mill at 5 years so Berrys signing bonus would cost us 1 mill this year, leaving only 0.8 mill left in base salaries to 3 guys. I highly doubt it.

Also possible. Like I said, I wasn't sure.