OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Go Jamaica!

I saw from min 20-45 and Jamaica looked like the better side at times during that stretch. Of corse they were down a goal but they should of equalized. Mexico had some bad break downs defensively.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw from min 20-45 and Jamaica looked like the better side at times during that stretch. Of corse they were down a goal but they should of equalized. Mexico had some bad break downs defensively.

Messi put on an absolute show scoring a hat trick in about 25 minutes of game play.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Messi put on an absolute show scoring a hat trick in about 25 minutes of game play.

I watched the first half then went to work and missed the second. Then I watched sportscenter when I got home and saw messi had a hat trick. Then after the game he said the grass was a little high. Lol must be nice....

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Costa Rica is putting on a clinic on how to deal with physical defenders. Attack them with individual runs and punish the defenders for their aggressiveness. CRC is a couple of defenders away from being an amazing national squad.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Costa Rica is putting on a clinic on how to deal with physical defenders. Attack them with individual runs and punish the defenders for their aggressiveness. CRC is a couple of defenders away from being an amazing national squad.

They are really good. The 4-0 game vs the USA was kind of unlucky for them. They came out guns blazing in that game and really paid the price on the counter. credit the USA that was probably our best win in the klinnsman era and one of the best performances by jones and Dempsey that I've ever seen. I know for the casual fan or euro elitist they still think of Costa Rica as a minnow. But Costa Rica are at eye level with the USA and Mexico. I don't know who else they need to beat to prove it. I'm so glad they beat Columbia. Sadly I think their coach underestimated them now hopefully they pay the price and play brazil.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Thank god we can end talk of Trump's silly wall.. turns out all we need is the Chilean National Soccer Team!

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've never seen them so thoroughly dominate a team like that. The memes are hilarious.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Holy crap! Now I'm worried for our game, because if they soccer gods are willing to grant us a 7-0 drubbing of Mexico, what kind of backlash will we face from them? :D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Man was Chile good last night-- suffocating pressure

And btw: Alexis Sanchez is pretty good(!). Twice he had the ball in the box with two defenders boxing him in, twice he calmly flips a little pass to an open man that led to the goal.

I am going to enjoy the schaedenfruede whilst I can -- but it certainly is a sobering reminder of how a world class team can make a good but not great team look terrible.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the beat down chile put on Mexico. I'm getting so tired of Mexico always getting so much hype for every tournament only to flame out as always. And I know most of the hype comes from themselves. They had a nice run

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Combined with clinical finishing, they are an impressive squad. Didn't know much about Chile prior to the tournament, but they deserve to be in the final.

They are so aggressive in style and are gritty too. Really enjoyed the final with Argentina. Would love to see a matchup of Chile and Germany

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really didn't expect them to repeat. I was happy they got to the final, but didn't think they'd beat Argentina twice in the finals like they've done. This Chile is not what any of us are used to watching. I have no idea how long it will last, but this generation of players has been amazing. And apparently Messi quit the national team after losing 4 finals, and rumors of other Argentinos doing the same.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Obviously it has taken a mental toll on Messi, he looked devastated after his PK miss. Perhaps it was a heat of the moment thing with his quitting or maybe it was sincere...guess we will see in the coming months.