Cost us the game!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Whisenhunt should know his QB's better (Warner playing the entire game means a win!). Good decision to switch, just too late. Whiz's fault!
Cost us the game!

Too many dropped passes in the first half (Fitz, Boldin, Morey, Smith). Although I can excuse Boldins 1 drop after his performance today.

Arrington overplaying the punt coverage. The ball bounced straight up at the 2 yd line. JJ just had to come in full speed w/ 2 other players ready to down it. 19 yd mistake!

Fitz needs to get tougher! HANG ON TO THE BALL! Came out way to easy!
Cost us the game!

Punt coverage! Cost us the game! Enough said.

A. Wilson's roughing penalty! I dont agree with the ref's call.
However... why even take a chance with the game on the line?
Cost us the game!

Winners make smart decisions.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whisenhunt should know his QB's better (Warner playing the entire game means a win!). Good decision to switch, just too late. Whiz's fault!
Cost us the game!

Too many dropped passes in the first half (Fitz, Boldin, Morey, Smith). Although I can excuse Boldins 1 drop after his performance today.

Arrington overplaying the punt coverage. The ball bounced straight up at the 2 yd line. JJ just had to come in full speed w/ 2 other players ready to down it. 19 yd mistake!

Cost us the game!

Cost us the game!

:thumbup:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Cost us the game!

Cost us the game!

Cost us the game!

So, by your thought process, with all the dropped passes, those 4 receivers should've been benched? How can you say Leinart shouldn't have started the game and then bash the receivers for drops in the 1st half? Seems to me if they would've held on to those drops Leinart's performance would've been better. Just a thought.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Cost us the game!

Cost us the game!

Cost us the game!

Don't forget Gerald Hayes, he played poorly today IMO, his effort made me think he had Hepatitus or a staff infection or something, he got stiff armed and smacked around constantly. Maybe it was the Raven O-Line but he played aweful today.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I didnt see the game, only the end cuz they showed my niners first but why was Warner in there? Wont that hurt Leinart's confidance?? What was the circumstances?

I havent seen as much as you guys have but I like what I seen in Matt, he still in a learning process

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't forget Gerald Hayes, he played poorly today IMO, his effort made me think he had Hepatitus or a staff infection or something, he got stiff armed and smacked around constantly. Maybe it was the Raven O-Line but he played aweful today.

Wilson and Hayes are listed as the two leading tacklers. Wilson made at least one that prevented a TD. But with Hayes is he like Ron McKinnon getting credit for a lot of tackles but not really impacting the game?

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
So you prefer our Pro Bowl safety allow the TE to catch the ball, come down, control it... before he decides to lightly wrap him up and place him down..

okay...

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Wilson and Hayes are listed as the two leading tacklers. Wilson made at least one that prevented a TD. But with Hayes is he like Ron McKinnon getting credit for a lot of tackles but not really impacting the game?

Wilson had a good game IMO, I think he's awesome I just wanted to say that it wasn't me saying he cost us, that penalty call was pure garbage, forearm to the helmet, ummm.. where? But home town refs... I expect to get some hometown calls when we're playing at UoP this week.

Hayes even though he had those 9 tackles(according to nfl.com) I didn't record the game or care enough to count them, but he missed so many others, it truly suprised me. He was overpowered and looked tired alot of the time out there. The MLB should be the leading tackler of any defense period imho.

On one 3rd down play, I can't recall if it was a TE or a WR after the catch on the way to the sideline, Hayes he had the angle to destroy the ball carrier, wasn't blocked at all and his effort was just not there, Hayes was planted with a stiff arm. I can imagine the ribbing he'll get in the film room on that one. That isn't the only play in which he looked tired(lackluster) he was constantly slow to the ball carrer imo, again he's looked better, maybe he was dinged? /shrug

As far as a R. McKinnon type, maybe he is, I'm not a big fan of his, he needs to expand his game(coverage, strength, speed). He's an average LB, easily replacable imo, but for some reason he got a big contract extention 5M/per? Man I should've stayed with football longer ;)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He's an average LB, easily replacable imo, but for some reason he got a big contract extention 5M/per?

That sounds exactly like Wrong Gap Ronnie McKinnon.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have been a supporter of Hayes, but he missed a dozen tackles today.

Wilson made a big hit & the ref's made a bad call that changed the out come of the game!

Leinart looks very bad right now.

Coach Whiz called an onside kick & also pulled Leinart(the golden boy). Whiz is doing everything he can to win games. I Love that.

I start Warner & let Leinart learn alittle more from the bench.

OP
OP
cardcrazy

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
So you prefer our Pro Bowl safety allow the TE to catch the ball, come down, control it... before he decides to lightly wrap him up and place him down..

okay...

NO!!!! I prefer he take his head completely off his shoulders in a bloody mess! I would be the first to stand up and cheer!!!
But when the game is on the line Im sure that Wilson more than anyone else is aware of the possibility of the refs calling a roughing penalty that could possibly give them another 15 yards, which if he's calculating would put them in FG range. Just asking for a little smart football along with that meanness.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
NO!!!! I prefer he take his head completely off his shoulders in a bloody mess! I would be the first to stand up and cheer!!!
But when the game is on the line Im sure that Wilson more than anyone else is aware of the possibility of the refs calling a roughing penalty that could possibly give them another 15 yards, which if he's calculating would put them in FG range. Just asking for a little smart football along with that meanness.

Given the Cardinals history of getting calls against them in critical situations our guys wouldn't even move if they were having to be aware of the possibility of the refs calling something against them.

I agree with a lot of other people. Any of the top teams in the league and there is no call and 39796 replays of the hit on TV between the end of the game and midnight.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a solid , clean, impactful hit meant to seperate the ball from the receiver. He did not hit his head with his helmet,shoulder,forearm or anything else. He actually turned a bit to his right and hit him square in the chest with his shoulder. He didn't launch into him. It was 2 football players violently colliding in a violent game.
If ANYBODY saw it any differently then all I can say is you don't have Tivo. Cause I watched it a dozen times.
I predict that Adrian Wilson will not be fined for the hit. That will say it all.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ONly the Cards would be called for un-neccessary roughness when tackling. Geezus...

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
It was a solid , clean, impactful hit meant to seperate the ball from the receiver. He did not hit his head with his helmet,shoulder,forearm or anything else. He actually turned a bit to his right and hit him square in the chest with his shoulder. He didn't launch into him. It was 2 football players violently colliding in a violent game.
If ANYBODY saw it any differently then all I can say is you don't have Tivo. Cause I watched it a dozen times.
I predict that Adrian Wilson will not be fined for the hit. That will say it all.

I predict an apology from the league to the Cardinals.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I predict an apology from the league to the Cardinals.

Yeah something like;

Upon further review, we realize that we made some errors while officiating your game against the Baltimore Ravens. While we acknowlegde that these errors may have had an impact on the final outcome of the game, we are satisfied that an apology to your organization has been issued. Anything more than that, well ..... you're just ***** out of luck.

Toodles.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Even the Ravens fans around me at the game were saying Wilson'**** was clean and legal. The thing that bugged me most about the call is that the ref was about 20 yards downfield from where the play was. You just don't make that call. Especially when it impacts the final score.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Yeah something like;

Upon further review, we realize that we made some errors while officiating your game against the Baltimore Ravens. While we acknowlegde that these errors may have had an impact on the final outcome of the game, we are satisfied that an apology to your organization has been issued. Anything more than that, well ..... you're just ***** out of luck.

Toodles.
That's about the norm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05