Could cutting Blake just be posturing?

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Making everyone THINK we are going to take a QB so someone will trade with SD or Oak then we take Fitz?

Not what I want to happen but why tip your hand now?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
Making everyone THINK we are going to take a QB so someone will trade with SD or Oak then we take Fitz?

Not what I want to happen but why tip your hand now?

I have no clue. There HAS to be something here that we don't know about. I can't figure why we would weaken our position at this point in the game. It's not like Blake was the Ace of Spades, but it sure will be harder to bluff agents and other GMs.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Green is a smart guy maybe he watched enough film to see that McCown and Parsons are good enough with a late round rookie thrown in to fill out the roster.

I think it could be posturing or it could be he simply didn't like the film of Blake and did like McCown that much who knows for sure, as to the timing I think it basically has to do with minicamps and establishing that the new boss isn't the same as the old boss and get your arse in here or you too could be gassing up the old SUV for the long ride into the sunset.

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or if we know a QB is going to be there when we draft this strengthens our position because we can say...Hey we NEED a QB so your going to have to pay up.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Or, how about.. in terms of showing ones' cards - Green has shown very little... and leaves us and them to speculate what it all means in the grand scheme of things... :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
Or, how about.. in terms of showing ones' cards - Green has shown very little... and leaves us and them to speculate what it all means in the grand scheme of things... :D

Exactly.

cardsfan473

In memory of a REAL Hero
Reaction score
Everything this time of year is a Lie! :) That being said.....

I think it means simply, that going into minicamps, Josh is the starter.

If there is a QB on the board at 3 we like, I think we take him. Otherwise, we will go in another direction. Then, Green has covered his bases, and can say "I told you already, Josh is the starter.....". It's partly "CYA", and gives Graves/Green options. Also, it is possible that Jeff Blake was "LEON", as has been suggested. I don't think Green will tolerate that crap.

It's a new era in Cardinal land! Whether we are successful is another story, but definitely a different era.

Quite frankly, I'm so sick of loosing, that we could have Dorothy Hammel as our QB, as long as we WIN!!!!!

I knew someone was going to be an example, but I thought it would be Clement. - I'm actually shocked it was Blake.

Hmm.... I wonder what "voluntary" conditioning program attendance will be this off-season now that this went down? :)

Hey Cards players.... You best be getting your arses in town, and working out!

3 conditioning coaches - I wonder if Green is stressing something here? :)

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
green voluntary camp can be compared to what the navy seals do. the seals have nothing but running and other excercises the first two weeks to see who going to make it. in the first two weeks of seal training, about 80% of the people who start out quit. green going to find out who wants to be a cardinal and who doesn't. the people who show up and particpates in voluntary conditioning camp are the ones who are going to be on the roster beginning of minni camp.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade the first-round pick for 2 first round picks and pick Rivers from NC State.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05