Crap on the draft---I want to win.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is our chance to knock the Vikings out of the play-offs, just like they did to us in 1999. We need to throughly kick their collective butts and send them home with their tails between their legs and their underwear caught in their butt cracks. I don't care about draft position or anything else. I just want to go out of the year on a winning note with the feeling that maybe there's hope for this team and it's players. A new coaching staff and a few pertinent additions to the personnel and next year is the one I thought we'd have this year.

BEAT MINNESOTA---BEAT MINNESOTA---BEAT MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm with you! It would be great to be a spolier for the Vikes. We have so few wins - anywhere, anytime we get one I'm happy. All the more so if we can knock somoene else out. GBR!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are you going to feel that way in a couple years when Manning is tearing it up and we draft a DL or WR that doesn't do much for us? We can all think back and say well we at least went 4-12 and beat Minni!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
and their underwear caught in their butt cracks.

I'm going to defer this portion of Sunday's festivities to somebody with more experience in this area. Thank you for your consideration.
God Bless America, and God Bless Wedgies.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I am glad I do not have to make the draft Pick. I have never seen so many quality QB's coming out. With Manning, Ben whats his name, Rivers, Dimwitty (sp). I really like the first three and would have a hard time putting one over the other.

I also say lets win the last one then begin the Fassell era.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a tough one. I want to win in the worst way because i hate the Vikings but i also want a solid QB in the draft and i dont want to see another crapy defensive player come to us in the draft. I say lets go for a tie. That way it can hopefully accomplish both things we want. Knocks the vikqueens out of the playoffs and we dont lose draft possitioning

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
4-4 at Home with win

Though not great. All 4 would have come against teams with 500 or better records if SF beats SEA. And 2 or 3(CIN) would be PO bound. We also played CAR, BALT and SL tough at home where 1 play either way could have won it for us. Now if I could find anything positive to say about the abysmal performances on the road we might have a brighter off-season to contemplate.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm with you 40! Let's just win!

And cheer for the Chargers too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
c'mon cards, do what comes natural . . .JUST LOSE BABY!!!!

rather the shot at a potential perennial all pro qb than one measly meaningless win.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
SunCard-
If Larry Fitzgerald comes out and we take him as a WR, I'm sure he'd make a lasting and forcible impression if no QB is taken. Also, Tommy Harris should be a future force. But, I agree - we need to take one of the top two QBs.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
c'mon cards, do what comes natural . . .JUST LOSE BABY!!!!

rather the shot at a potential perennial all pro qb than one measly meaningless win.

I'm with you Ouchie. We need meaningful wins, this isn't one of them. Drafting Manning or Ben would put us in a better position for years to come. GO VIKINGS!!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
This is our chance to knock the Vikings out of the play-offs, just like they did to us in 1999. We need to throughly kick their collective butts and send them home with their tails between their legs and their underwear caught in their butt cracks. I don't care about draft position or anything else. I just want to go out of the year on a winning note with the feeling that maybe there's hope for this team and it's players. A new coaching staff and a few pertinent additions to the personnel and next year is the one I thought we'd have this year.

BEAT MINNESOTA---BEAT MINNESOTA---BEAT MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore baby!

A 1st rounder would be nice, but a win would make Quan happy.

Quan NEEDS to be happy.

:thumbup:

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
the cards need to win for pride. screw the draft. the way is free agentcy , the draft can be used to groom players to take over when the older fa start to loose a step. sign kurt warner and trade down to draft phillip rivers. always build your defense with fa. offensive players seem to develope better than a defensive player. that is just one man opinion.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05