Cubs Fans Deserve To Lose

KelVarnsen

Reaction score
Seats Behind Home

Yes, those are LCD screens with a live feed of the game on. That is why you get all those idiots on their cell phones waving at the camera on just about every pitch, "Look at me, I am on TV."

Memo to those losers: We can see you, you don't have to wave. Try to act like an adult, not a 8 year old.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, those are LCD screens with a live feed of the game on. That is why you get all those idiots on their cell phones waving at the camera on just about every pitch, "Look at me, I am on TV."

Memo to those losers: We can see you, you don't have to wave. Try to act like an adult, not a 8 year old.

Agreed. I hate those seats for the reasons you described. There always seems to be some jackass waving, on his cellphone, or just sitting there with a gay "I'm on t.v. smile". I would not want to sit there either. I'd be too uncomfortable to enjoy my time, knowing that I would make it on Sports Center for picking my nose.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this your first post in the Dbacks forum? lol,

No. No its not actually. Im not here often for obvious reasons. (Im not a Dbacks fan)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And oh, Shane.. Some asshat was sitting in the sunkendown seats behind home plate turning off and on a neon cubs sign trying to distract Valverde.. But all game he was writing messages on paper and putting them up on the glass.. One time he put up "BR" whatever that means..

Yup I agree he should have been booted!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lou Pineilla is an idiot!

Are you referring to him pulling z with only 80 some pitches in order to save him for a potential game 4 that he might not ever get to instead of securing a win in the first one?

Some confidence there....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marmol has been lights out this year. His ERA was 1.5. Zambrano's was almost 4. I can see what Lou was thinking. We are not dealing with a Dusty Baker/Russ Ortiz in the Series decision.

Plus, the Cubs were 1 for 10 with RISP.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marmol has been lights out this year. His ERA was 1.5. Zambrano's was almost 4. I can see what Lou was thinking. We are not dealing with a Dusty Baker/Russ Ortiz in the Series decision.

I can see the argument there, but it looked like Z was hitting his stride and only getting stronger. Sometimes you ride your gut/pitcher and not the numbers, IMO.

I sure didn't think the dbacks would touch up Marmol like that though, and neither did any Cub.

Webb only threw 80 some pitches too, didn't he?

Plus, the Cubs were 1 for 10 with RISP

That's just stupid. Leaving runs on the field is the best way to lose ballgames. /announcers

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, pardon me Gee. I didn't realize baseball was now played on a rink.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can explain the huge amount of funny, because I'm not following you.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you can explain it to this guy who writes releases for Delaware's baseball team. Though he does write for the "fighting blue hens???"

The Hens tied the game in the top of the fifth. With runners on first and third and one out, Brandon Menchaca singled through the right side to score Kyle Davis for the tie. T.J. Chism then retired Buchholz and Bryan Hagerich to get out of the inning and strand two more baserunners. Delaware regained the lead in the sixth on an RBI single by Engelhardt, but again left runs on the field as Explorer reliever Christian Schulz struckout Menchaca with the bases loaded to end the inning. The Hens then stranded another runner on third in the top of the seventh.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to him pulling z with only 80 some pitches in order to save him for a potential game 4 that he might not ever get to instead of securing a win in the first one?

Some confidence there....

Yup. Thats what I'm referring to.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Cubs fans were fine until the end of the game. It's like their so used to losing that they immediately go on the defensive after they've lost.

I was in the concourse after the game and I was waiting for my girlfriend to come out of the bathroom. At that time, I noticed a group of 5 Cubs fans my age (mid-twenties) taunting Dbacks fans as they walked by. A couple of the guys had signs and were shoving/waving them in the faces of nearly every Dback fan that walked by, including women and children. You could clearly tell they were here on vacation from Chicago and were sauced. I had enough of their show and when my girlfriend and I walked by them, I passed by them as close as I could and sure enough they waved their signs in my face. I pushed the guy who stumbled into his other buddies and of course they didn't do a thing. Dback fans who had been watching these clowns started cheering which probably made the jerkoffs more embarrassed. He was dropping f bomb after f bomb and I simply kept saying "1908" and made it clear that the Cubs are the biggest joke in baseball and that they nothing about winning. 4 NL West crowns and World Series in 10 years shut em up pretty quick. I have no time for idiots like that. You lost, shut your mouth and GO HOME. It's a shame that a few tarnish the image of the rest

Some idiot young chick was walking out of the stadium last night chanting "Let's go Cubbies!" Um, you just lost and half your fans left before the 8th inning started. She was obnoxious. I yelled, "You just lost, you moron!" Didn't shut her up, but it made me feel better.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Some idiot young chick was walking out of the stadium last night chanting "Let's go Cubbies!" Um, you just lost and half your fans left before the 8th inning started. She was obnoxious. I yelled, "You just lost, you moron!" Didn't shut her up, but it made me feel better.

All this just makes it more fun that next season will be the 100th anniversary of the Cubs last World Series Championship.

100 years! Wow.