Cubs vs Dbacks - Round One 2007 Playoffs

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Why does Valverde always throw it belt high on 0-2.....even the catcher had his glove on the ground. Great win though, if we can win tomorrow this series will be done in 3.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He gone. Kill that Cub fan with a light behind the plate. Or exile him from AZ forever. Or keep him. Maybe he helped Papa.

It was a freaking cub logo light.

What the hell kind of seats are those? Are those working media or VIP or something? He should be tased. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT win! Way to get the first one under your belts Baby-Backs! Take tomorrow and the series is OVER!

Very nice.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Awesome way to start. Good pitching and timely hits just like they did almost all season long.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Papa! Another win D-Backs style! Gotta get more outta Byrnes and take care of home field tomorrow. That Cubs fan was a jackass.

Reaction score
GREAT win! Way to get the first one under your belts Baby-Backs! Take tomorrow and the series is OVER!

Very nice.

No, it isn't. To quote Joe Torre after losing the first two against the A's in 2001, "It's a 3 out of 5 and they haven't won 3 games yet."

Don't get me wrong, I'm as thrilled as anyone that the Dbacks have taken the opener, but there's still a looooooooooooooooong way to go. That said, GO DBACKS GO!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet Lou looked bitter after the game when asked about taking out Z.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, it isn't. To quote Joe Torre after losing the first two against the A's in 2001, "It's a 3 out of 5 and they haven't won 3 games yet."

Don't get me wrong, I'm as thrilled as anyone that the Dbacks have taken the opener, but there's still a looooooooooooooooong way to go. That said, GO DBACKS GO!

But the Diamondbacks have Webb pitching one more game if necessary. Tomorrow is a huge game. They need to jump on Lilly.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Great win, but don't let up boys- if they can get the win tomorrow it'll obviously be huge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i think for this young club getting that first one outta the way and not wasting a webb gem was very important. let's take manana too!

PAPA GRANDE!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid Cub fan with that light. I wanted to punch him in the face.

That said, great game Dbacks!!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at replays, I was reminded how sick and disgusting Webby's curveball was tonight.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The more comments I see of Cubs fans the more I want to just crush them. One gem I've seen is "the diamondbacks are the worst team in playoff history". A couple of them have pointed out the Dbacks superior record both overall and head to head but still get no respect.

ArizonaElvis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a diehard Arizona Cardinal fan and St Louis Cardinal Baseball fan so I naturally hate the Cubs. GO BIG RED....GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So now it is DD vs Lilly for game 2 tonight. If I am Melvin, I am telling Owings to be ready for long relief as necessary. If we get the unstable DD tonight, don't go with him for 4 innings. Yank him early. If we get the "on" DD, then we are looking good...

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
What an awesome game! I was lucky enough to go to the game and I ran into fellow poster Diamondback Jay. The crowd was awesome and loud at all the right times. Webb proved that he's one of the best pitchers in the game and our young guys came up big hits and more importantly big defensive stops

I'll be going again tonight and I'm hoping for a big performance by Davis. Livan in game 3 at the bandbox known as Wrigley scares the crap out of me. Balls fly out of that place like crazy and Livan gives up more HR's than any other pitcher.

I love how this team keeps proving everyone wrong. GO DBACKS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05