Cut Rackers

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Anyone else think that if Player had a real face mask he would have stuck his head in there on that lame excuse for a tackle? That's twice this year that punts have been run back that he's made a sorry attempt at stopping the returner with a lunge arm tackle, just trying to trip them up instead of trying to tackle them.

And his punts have been atrocious.

This is what I am talking about, his routine is tired and isn't funny and symbolizes our craptasticness.

CUT HIM NOW!!!

The kid out punted him so bad, get rid of this dufus.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Exactly. It shouldn't have come down to him but it did. And he blew it. I'm sure he feels terrible, and I pity him, but he is a professional and when a professional can't get the job done--he loses it.

Clutch kickers matter. Anyone think Tom Brady would have all those rings were it not for Adam Vinatiere? I don't.

Clutch is worth a thousand big legs, find clutch, ditch Rackers.

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I'm speaking only of the fact that I hated Player getting face time with that stupid one bar and to me he's the face of our losing, that kinda dip... dufus stuff that has to go.

I realize he had nothing to do with the miss.

Again, cut him as a sacrifice and then cut Rackers if it dosen't work.

Your logic is flawed.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew we were going to miss that kick.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Your logic is flawed.

It's not necessarily logical, the game wasn't logical, what you do is cut crappy players and replace them with superior players, for Player that's a no brainer, he got out kicked in preseaon and he had some pretty bad punts this game too.

He's got the Cardinal funk of losing oozing out of his poors and IMO I want him cut.

It's emotional and yet I think in a weird way it makes sense to me, if it dosen't to you fine.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I knew we were going to miss that kick.

I feared it and it took a while before my brain processed what my eyes saw. I was hoping I didn't see it correctly.

This game was almost otherworldly. It just should not be.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I feared it and it took a while before my brain processed what my eyes saw. I was hoping I didn't see it correctly.

This game was almost otherworldly. It just should not be.

I actually thought he'd make it, I was very nervous and started to close my eyes but I forced myself to look at that flutterball, OMG that's torture even by the new rules.

Reaction score
Who the hell cares. If you can't do your job, you should be fired.
I care, because maybe, just maybe, if we had some discussion, instead of the continual bitchfest, that this board might return to what made it great in the first place!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rackers did choke, but the Cardinals lost a 20 point lead to put the game in Rackers hands/foot. The fact that this game was decided on a fg after 6 Chicago turnovers is ridiculous. He doesn't deserve all of the blame.

The Cards lost because they were playing not to lose. That's why they lost to the Chiefs and Rams and alomst lost to the Niners.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Exactly...

When in the hell are they going to stop that!

This is an easy thing to say but as a coach if you throw caution to the wind with this group at some point they are going to botch something and get you on sports center as a blathering idiot.

The staff did what every other stinking coach in the NFL would do in that same situation save maybe New England.

That dosen't mean they are all stupid too, it means at some point you have to run the ball, I agree their choice of plays stank but running the ball was the only sane thing to do with a rookie QB in that situation you run the ball, Parcells would run the ball, every coach again would do the same thing, maybe I can think of the one New England exception but that's just a fact they'd run the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understand I am not making excuses for Rackers. I just don't understand how a guy that was "money in the bank" last year keeps blowing it this year.

it's much easier to be "money in the bank" when your work is meaningless - the creme rises to the top in pressure situations and Rackers folds - period.

Reaction score
it's much easier to be "money in the bank" when your work is meaningless - the creme rises to the top in pressure situations and Rackers folds - period.
Could be right, cheese. That is why Cincinnati jettisoned him as I recall...

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be right, cheese.

I knew he wasn't going to hit that kick - the kick to make it 23-3 - RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE - this one was an ugly duck wobbler - no chance.

where's Chris Jacke/Joe Nedney when we need them!?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

That stat Espn had, had him 5 of 6 before that kick in game changing or lead changing 4th quarter or later kicks, that means basically high pressure kicks.

Whatever happened to him is relatively recent, and with kickers it's just like a horse breaking a leg, sadly you need to move on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stat Espn had, had him 5 of 6 before that kick in game changing or lead changing 4th quarter or later kicks, that means basically high pressure kicks.

Whatever happened to him is relatively recent, and with kickers it's just like a horse breaking a leg, sadly you need to move on.

but he played with the Bengals - would it surprise you if ANY of those games had any kind of meaning when he kicked them knowing how awful they were when he played there? This is the meat of the season - early, missing kicks when wins actually still matter. I'd be really surprised if any of those kicks with the Bengals actually happened before their season was for an intents and purposes over.

I'm sure he'll be money once we're 3-9 again.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
but he played with the Bengals - would it surprise you if ANY of those games had any kind of meaning when he kicked them knowing how awful they were when he played there? This is the meat of the season - early, missing kicks when wins actually still matter. I'd be really surprised if any of those kicks with the Bengals actually happened before their season was for an intents and purposes over.

I'm sure he'll be money once we're 3-9 again.

I agree 100% one miss is a fluke, two is a trend the third and you're fired.

We need to cut him, I'm just saying prior to tonight, it's hard to say that for sure, now it's obvious to me at least he has a problem and if he begins to doubt himself it's over.

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
This is an easy thing to say but as a coach if you throw caution to the wind with this group at some point they are going to botch something and get you on sports center as a blathering idiot.

The staff did what every other stinking coach in the NFL would do in that same situation save maybe New England.

That dosen't mean they are all stupid too, it means at some point you have to run the ball, I agree their choice of plays stank but running the ball was the only sane thing to do with a rookie QB in that situation you run the ball, Parcells would run the ball, every coach again would do the same thing, maybe I can think of the one New England exception but that's just a fact they'd run the ball.
I wouldn't keep running the ball on FIRST down facing an eight man front with an intelligent QB AND the LEAD!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
This is the point in the Cardinals season when lots of players just happen to come down with season-ending injuries.

Perhaps Rackers will have some severe tendinitis.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just cut him from my fantasy team out of principle.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened to Rackers.

Last year he couldn't miss a field goal and all of his kickoffs sailed deep into the endzone. This year it's a coin toss if he will make the field goal and his kickoffs barely reach the 5 yard line. Something ain't right.

I think this all stems back to the preseason where Rackers was purposely missing kicks when Capshaw was holding the ball. Rackers was doing this to make sure his buddy Player kept his job. Well, I think that the bad Mojo from preseason has followed him into the regular season.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It seems like his routine is a little different...like he's moving around more before kicks and not taking as much time once he settles on his spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05