Cut Rackers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this all stems back to the preseason where Rackers was purposely missing kicks when Capshaw was holding the ball. Rackers was doing this to make sure his buddy Player kept his job. Well, I think that the bad Mojo from preseason has followed him into the regular season.

That seems like a stretch, eventhough I'm sure that isn't documented anywhere.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a stretch, eventhough I'm sure that isn't documented anywhere.

This was a quote from a training camp observer. Sure you will never be able to prove it, but I don't think it's too far fetched:

Don't forget that player is also the holder for Rackers, so it's not just punting.

Truer words were never spoken. And don't think for a minute this will not be considered. I saw Rackers miss three field-goals in a row with Capshaw holding and I haven't seen him do that in a long, long time.

Some think Rackers may have been helping his buddy...if you get my drift.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1062672&postcount=17

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This was a quote from a training camp observer. Sure you will never be able to prove it, but I don't think it's too far fetched:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1062672&postcount=17

Hey I'm on board with it, whatever if he did that and there is no proving it one way or another but I thought the same thing at the time, then he just got what he deserved.

Now we can cut Player and Rackers and sign Capshaw without worrying about it, just need to find a kicker.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
i hear this guy is a good holder.He'll be available soon.

Attachments

• 3895.jpg
    3895.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 53

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened to Rackers.

Am I the only one who's seen the "Racker's Crew" in about row 2 of section 112? The ones writing "I party with Neil" on their t-shirts and drink about 50 beers each during the game? If he's truly hanging with those guys...

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
That dosen't mean they are all stupid too, it means at some point you have to run the ball, I agree their choice of plays stank but running the ball was the only sane thing to do with a rookie QB in that situation you run the ball, Parcells would run the ball, every coach again would do the same thing, maybe I can think of the one New England exception but that's just a fact they'd run the ball.

IND of 2004 wouldn't have run the ball. Remember what they did when they got a 2 TD lead? They'd pad the lead. Keep throwing because the defense can't stop them.

I know the common thinking is that you run the ball to preserve the lead, but that doesn't work with our O-line and CHI's D-line. Short passes were working in the first quarter. CHI lost 2 DBs. No reason to think short passes wouldn't work in the third/fourth quarter. We had the number of the CHI offense. If we give them the ball after a 3-out after some incompletions, so be it. At least throwing would have given us the chance for more TDs. Running doesn't.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IND of 2004 wouldn't have run the ball. Remember what they did when they got a 2 TD lead? They'd pad the lead. Keep throwing because the defense can't stop them.

I know the common thinking is that you run the ball to preserve the lead, but that doesn't work with our O-line and CHI's D-line. Short passes were working in the first quarter. CHI lost 2 DBs. No reason to think short passes wouldn't work in the third/fourth quarter. We had the number of the CHI offense. If we give them the ball after a 3-out after some incompletions, so be it. At least throwing would have given us the chance for more TDs. Running doesn't.

The Cardinals can't win what ever they do.

Against the Rams they go after more yards instead of kicking a field goal and fumble the ball away.

Against the Bears they decide to settle on a field goal and miss it wide left.

All that remains is a bunch of heart broken Cardinal fans.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
It's not necessarily logical, the game wasn't logical, what you do is cut crappy players and replace them with superior players, for Player that's a no brainer, he got out kicked in preseaon and he had some pretty bad punts this game too.

He's got the Cardinal funk of losing oozing out of his poors and IMO I want him cut.

It's emotional and yet I think in a weird way it makes sense to me, if it dosen't to you fine.

Speaking of WIERD and "losing oozing"...it bugs the hell out of me that as soon as our D comes off the field, he starts practicing his air punts...and I agree that he looks like a fem trying to pretend he wants to make a tackle on a run back...is he really a man?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It seems like his routine is a little different...like he's moving around more before kicks and not taking as much time once he settles on his spot.

Interesting......I noticed the same thing.

Kind of like how I golf. If I step up to the first Tee and slice that ball way right....I start thinking about my Tee shots too much the rest of the time. I start fiddling around a little more and take more practice swings. Trying to think about not slicing it next time.

Maybe the same thing is happening with Rackers. He's thinking about a million things with his mechanics...and not fully concentrating on just hitting that ball pure.

I think he lost his confidence after a couple of tough misses in Seattle. Confidence is tough to get back.

DKCards

Reaction score
It seems like his routine is a little different...like he's moving around more before kicks and not taking as much time once he settles on his spot.

And what is up with him staying 20-30 yards behind the rest of the team until they get set on the ball with his helmet off. Then puts on his helmet and trots up to his spot. He did this at the end of the KC game also and Player was yelling at him to hurry up. He gave himself more time this week but it still seemed like he was rushing a little bit before the kick to get set.

Did he do this last year too?

I don’t remember that at all, but I might have not noticed because he was making them all. I think he needs to go back to film from last year and se what was working for him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05