D-backs vs Astros series thread

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time we had this kind of run production in a game, we couldn't score chit for about 5 games (it seems). Hopefully, we won't have THAT curse again.

This all just makes me cringe at the horrible home stand we just have. That should have been a 5-2 homestand instead of a 3-4 one.... We win big on the road (of late) and just go stupid at home. Meanwhile, the evil Dodgers just keep chewing away at what used to be a lead, until we now have no elbow room at all.

Anyway.... nice to see our lads do it right for a change.... And Webby? Well... it looks like he's going to have "Miller Time" while enjoying "CY Time." ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the evil Dodgers just keep chewing away at what used to be a lead, until we now have no elbow room at all.
The D'backs and Dodgers are extremely close this season in their team stats in the National League.

TEAM.........BAVG..........RUNS..........ERA........SAVES/OUT OF
D'backs...... .253 (10).... 561 ( 9)......3.92 (4)...28 (9)/45
Dodgers..... .259 ( 8).... 517 (13).....3.65 (1)...29 (8)/ 41

Each picked up a cleanup hitter to stabilize the lineup.

The difference regarding who wins the West will be the starting rotation (Webb/Haren/RJ/Scherzer will rule) and the closer (the Dodgers seem to have an advantage there, based on stats):

TEAM.........CLOSER.........SAVES/OUT OF.........ERA
D'backs......Lyon..................25/30................4.05
...."...........Rauch................17/22................3.02

Dodgers.....Saito..................17/20................2.18
...."...........Broxton...............9/15.................3.48

And which Manager will plan ahead best and make the right decisions.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow!!! Montero destroys a fastball for a grand slam. 5-0!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh I thought the game was a 5pm start :( and I missed a gs because of it just my luck darnit lol. Great to see were leading 5-1 and gj Montero come on Petit have a strong outing

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Montero just misses his third homer of the night. He settles for a double.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Young just hit a grand slam!!! 11-1!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dbacks are crushing a team that had been 15-3 in their last 18 prior to this series.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow what a game man the offesne woke up in a hurry flawless win for the dbacks tonight :), now lets hope the brewers can beat the dodgers

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
It has been quite an offensive display tonight. TWO grand slams! Miguel was inches away from getting the hat trick. Dunn is getting it done without the longball. Petit pitched so well. That is HUGE.

Milwaukee's pitcher, Dave Bush, is like Dr. Jekyll (or is it Mr. Hyde?) away from Miller Park. He's 5-3, 3.15 at home, 2-6, 6.19 on the road :eek:. I'm afraid those blue meanies will share first place with the D-backs by the time the night is over.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dunn continues to get nothing to hit, it seems. Sutton and Williams wonder aloud why that is. Really? They need to actually think about it?

Good game DBacks. Great game Petit.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rosales is putting out the fire a little all by himself.... Now 11-4 with no outs.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference regarding who wins the West will be the starting rotation (Webb/Haren/RJ/Scherzer will rule) and the closer (the Dodgers seem to have an advantage there, based on stats):

TEAM.........CLOSER.........SAVES/OUT OF.........ERA
D'backs......Lyon..................25/30................4.05
...."...........Rauch................17/22................3.02

Dodgers.....Saito..................17/20................2.18
...."...........Broxton...............9/15.................3.48

And which Manager will plan ahead best and make the right decisions.

You do realize that Saito is out, maybe for the season, and Broxton is a choke artist recently?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game by Montero - 2HR's including a Granny!!

And a granny by CY!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Randy going for win #295 tomorrow! I hope the D-Backs can give him a good amount of run support.

Brewers up 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th, but the Dodgers have Ethier on base with no outs with Kent and Manny coming up. :-/

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm glad Dave Bush finally pitched well in a road game and that the Dodgers relievers blew another one. Their 'pen is hurting without Saito. Aww, poor ba-bies. :)

I hope Randy wins the battle of the 10-8 pitchers tomorrow. It will be a statement if they go Houston, halt a red-hot team in their own barn and sweep them, to boot. I'd be shocked if the D-backs ring up Oswalt for double-digits. Randy needs the same run support that Webb and Petit received. Makes me wish Monday wasn't an off-day.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How close was it?

The ball was there before he slid. Hale should of never sent Snyder. Even though youusually send the guy run home with two outs, the right fielder was playing shallow and got the ball quickly, and with Chris' lack of speed, Hale should of held him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05