D-backs vs Dodgers series thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well not sure if haren is sick or not but another f plus outing walking the pitcher with two hits than allowing a base hit to score two runs :(, and allowing 4 walks he just looks plans flat latly when we need him the most were in serious danger of losing this division lead we have got to win the next two period whatever it takes!!!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Haren has a tendency to slow down nearing the end of the season.

And I believe that Webb getting hit hard in the ribs with that comebacker has altered his delivery. He's pitching in pain.

Randy and Davis are inconsistent.

And Melvin wasted a year by not developing Scherzer as a Major League starter.

And we know how the 7-8-9 inning relievers have come apart.

Suddenly a pitching staff that looked golden if only we made the playoffs is coming apart.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Congrats Dodgers, the 2008 NL West champs

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all is good if we win the next two but I have a hard time seeing it happen the way our offense has been going :( maybe we should just pull haren a few starts he his hurting this team more than helping now....

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thank heavens for DVR. I can watch two hours in 5 minutes. When a run is given up by the DBacks, I just hit FF until the DBacks score. Generally, that takes me to the end of the game, with a few exceptions. Tonight I got to the 7th and turned it off. It was worth about the 5 minutes of my time - about the same effort the team put forth.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
:bang:

Haren pitches like this in September, usually (7-13, 4.46 ERA lifetime). It is beyond frustrating watching the guys that got them to this point fall apart like this. Plus, they usually play poorly when ESPN is covering the game. The best thing about this grotesque display of baseball is that it's over. If the Dodgers win Saturday, they will be in first place, but you all know that. Maybe this time, they will lose the first and win the other two, the reverse of the last time they played against LA. They better.

This is the karma of having this postseason ticket promotion too early...starting today, you can sign up to get in a drawing for the right to purchase NLDS tickets in a few weeks. Kinda premature, wouldn't ya say?

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy will miss his next start with shoulder inflammation, Scherzer will take his place.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man our offense is horrible hopefully Webb keeps us in this till around the 8th inning how do we not score one run in 15 innings.. and the first freaking pitch young grounds out man :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we don't deserve this division no one on offense is trying we just try to hit a hr everytime, none of our pitchers can get key outs man what a horrible ending stretch we have had. You think with Webb and Haren we would have a good shot to win one game but sure isn't looking like it this team is starting to make me sick :(.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey one good thing if we don't win the division melvin will be fired :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who wants to bet the dodgers pitcher gets a hit here

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot the dbacks have melvin signed to a extension gj... ugh most boring offense in the majors

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
god game over webb just walked in a run I give up watching them today no point we are not going to come back :( way to blow the hugest series of the year aww well

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well maybe other teams can beat the dodgers for us because we failed 100 percent to get the job done another chance with bases loaded for manny disgusting....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7-0 dodgers way to show up dbacks i'm almost crying just so upset right now :(

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol we can't even get a run in with bases loaded and one out way to go upton hitting into the double play..... WAKE THE HELL UP

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
It's the perfect storm of suck. Our top 2 starters are terrible right now, and the offense is (still) really bad.

Yet, after all that, we're still tied for 1st in the loss column. The Dodgers went from losing 8 straight to winning 7 straight, so this crazy (bad) division could turn at any point.

Just win today!