D-backs vs Dodgers series thread

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Win today, Max, and take first place back!

The Dodgers have now proven that an eight-game skid is not the end of the world. Of course, they have a REAL, proven champion manager. The D-backs could be fubar if they fall back more than a game. Why? Something is definitely wrong with the top three in the rotation, which is enough cause of concern. Then there's the offense...
Crazy unexpected things happen in the NL West. It has been proven that it is NEVER over until the final game of the season, so we must hope for the best. Let's go, take the division lead back, :dbacks:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Today is a big game, especially since the Diamondbacks face Lincecum tomorrow.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope we get the job done today but i'll be watching the cards game for the most part just to nervous to watch the dbacks game

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get the bases loaded, one out, and can't score :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will put as much effort into cheering them on as they show in the game - about none. Thank goodness for football season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dodgers have 2 and 3rd one out - they will score, I am sure. Unlike our lame ass offense.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how hard you throw if its right down the middle. Scherzer's pitches have good movement though today, I think he'll get stronger as the game goes on.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't stop now, have to get more runs off of Kershaw. Both pitchers have high pitch counts, and the odds aren't in the Diamondbacks favor in a game decided by the bullpens.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't stop now, have to get more runs off of Kershaw. Both pitchers have high pitch counts, and the odds aren't in the Diamondbacks favor in a game decided by the bullpens.

No kidding. That first inning killed us.

Snyder gets us another run with a double...

We need to get him home.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe Torre pitched to Snyder. Max is making a statement to be put in the rotation for the rest of the year.

Watching the Diamondbacks and Cardinals on two TV's is tough.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Max Scherzer gave up two runs in the first, then nothing since.

Five innings so far. A one-run lead. Only two three-ball counts. No walks. Eleven strikeouts -- in five innings.

Regardless of what happens the rest of this game, Scherzer, making his first Major League start since May, is here and ready.

It's why I've been :deadhorse2: since Melvin removed him from the starting rotation, buried him in the bullpen and gave him a tired arm and shoulder problems.

I'm going to shout this . . .

If Melvin removes him from the starting rotation again, it will prove that Bob Melvin has a need to fail.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suicide squeeze that fails - You trying to get fired, MelBo?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melvin is such an idiot!!! Having Snyder squeeze when Chris has been hitting very well of late with runners in scoring position. This is just another example of why he should not be the manager!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking guys in front of Ramirez rarely bodes well. Going to need more offense.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melvin is such an idiot!!! Having Snyder squeeze when Chris has been hitting very well of late with runners in scoring position. This is just another example of why he should not be the manager!

Having Reynolds steal third was great strategy.

The squeeze was stupid.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Qualls comes in, gives up sac fly, but limits damage to one run.

New ball game.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MLB really needs to tell its umpires not to allow catchers to visit the mound for every other batter.