D-backs vs. Phillies series thread

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
At what point do we start talking about Chris Young as a flop?

He has a career average of .234 and ops of .734. I know he's only 25 but I'm not seeing any growth from this guy.

Just like the rest of the team he seems to have ZERO confidence.

Actually, isn't about time the Dbacks trade him to another team so he can have a productive career.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sob dbacks road problems continue lose 6-5 in 12 innings well maybe if the bullpen could ever hang on to a lead we could win two in a row.... DAMMIT

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This team is just like my idiot brother in law. Every time we think he's gone as low as he possibly can he finds a new way to embarrass and disappoint the family.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't watch the game because I had to work. And man oh man, reading your guys' posts just depresses me. Up 5-3 and we end up losing the game. How sad. Seriously, this team is just meh. Our bullpen is HORRIBLE. I think they are THE worst aspect of this team. The worst. Always screwing us out of a win, and then we have to rely on our crappy offense to get us out of it. This team = frustration to the max.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
can't our teams help each other out here? ...... the marlins took two from the dodgers and the d'back let this one slide against the phils ........ just given runs away with davis putting on a 2 out walk and a nice combination of wild pitch, bad defense by montero and a really poor decision to try and gun out the runner with the pitcher up and 2 outs...................

frustrating game for sure

hope you guys rebound over the next few

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awful..... Simply awful.

What is it with the DBacks and Pena? I've been saying since he got here that he needs to go. Yes, he goes on a good streak now and then, but for the most part, he simply throws hard and straight.... Good hitters just take him apart, time after time after time. He's gotta go and I don't care where.

Montero was an abomination tonite. What a stupid mistake to try to throw the guy out at 2nd.... it was a setup all the way, and most little leaguers would have seen it coming. And none of our players seem to understand the fundamental concept of getting your body in front of the ball, as Montero should have. The only player with decent fundamentals seems to be Ojeda.

Then there's Clarabelle, the manager. Chose not to walk the guy before the pitcher, and wham... the wild pitch. Uses Pena. Arrrggghhhhh!

It's just agony watching this team. Hopefully we'll make a trade or two that will get rid of some of our less than desirables (like AL DH Reynolds, Pena and maybe Young) and get a few players that can inject some life into this team.

Right now we are more than embarrassment, whatever word that would be. :thumbdown

Last edited:
OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Davis pitched as expected - gave up three runs. Qualls survived. Rosales hung in there very well. Pena screwed the pooch on back to back nights! There's always that feeling of 'how are they going to blow it this time'. If ya thought this was bad, just wait for the next two games. The Phillies are not the kind of team that will not address leaving 16 men on base.

LA lost again, and as Gracie says, "it's always a good day when the Dodgers lose". Speaking of, I don't think he used the "car!" line once and there were plenty of opportunities to use it. Someone in charge must have told him to simmer that down.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davis pitched as expected - gave up three runs. Qualls survived. Rosales hung in there very well. Pena screwed the pooch on back to back nights! There's always that feeling of 'how are they going to blow it this time'. If ya thought this was bad, just wait for the next two games. The Phillies are not the kind of team that will not address leaving 16 men on base.

LA lost again, and as Gracie says, "it's always a good day when the Dodgers lose". Speaking of, I don't think he used the "car!" line once and there were plenty of opportunities to use it. Someone in charge must have told him to simmer that down.

You're right about that idiot Grace. His shtick has finally been stomped by public opinion and management. And he still sucks. If he's back next year, I'll be shocked. Another letter to the sports editor of the Az Rep was published today about another fan muting the sound on the broadcast because of Grace.

That loss last night was a killer. Brutal. Today's game starts in 2 hours and 44 minutes. I'm ready.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go RJ. He brings in 2 with a 2-out double!

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
yea randy! now the offense is clicking. i hope chad can continue this 2 out rally.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Well the offense seems to have returned and I was finally right about something. Tracy's return has been a good one. That was one great hit by RJ. He really deserves win #290 before the all-star break.

The Phillies bullpen is very good, but the DBacks are doing a great job of wearing them out. They have put themselves in a great position to win the next two so hopefully the bullpen doesn't give it up again.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the offense seems to have returned and I was finally right about something. Tracy's return has been a good one. That was one great hit by RJ. He really deserves win #290 before the all-star break.

The Phillies bullpen is very good, but the DBacks are doing a great job of wearing them out. They have put themselves in a great position to win the next two so hopefully the bullpen doesn't give it up again.

Tracy brings in two against a lefty. Another guy who has been a nice surprise the last few games has been Romero.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reynolds with a 3-run homer. Where has this offense been? Welcome back!!!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 runs with two outs. :eek:

Hope there's more of that tomorrow as well.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Just like last year...now lets get 10 in a row. ;) JK, lets start with finishing this off and getting RJ what he deserves.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2 pitches, 2 outs for RJ. If Randy can go deep into this game and the Phillies use a lot of pitchers today, I like their chances tomorrow.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
haha how do we bet the asfn bucks? id be willing to be that victorino gets some chin music from randy in his next at bat.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see that 2 run double for Mr. RJ - I was in Milwaukee and at the game when he hit his only HR - it was pure awesomeness.

I get a huge kick when pitchers make hits/runs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05