D-backs vs. Phillies series thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drew beats out an infield hit but turns his ankle. It doesn't look too bad but why not take him out to be safe? Put Ojeda in there, they do have a 6-run lead.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice win. Let's hope they can continue to score runs tomorrow but they are up against a touch pitcher in Hamels.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If you had told me that RJ would ignite the team with his BAT before the game I would of crapped my pants laughing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game by Randy Johnson we needed that win, and it was great to see the offense come alive and score some runs. Now lets hope this team can win a few in a row and take a bigger lead in the divison before the all star break.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was that masked man?

Very good win. Missed the last two innings. Bring on tomorrow.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
great win, but i have to know. what is with chris young? the guy looks like he is never trying..

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
It was quite an afternoon. An eight-run inning was the last thing I would have expected to have seen. A couple of things, Tracy can officially hit left-handers. The entire eight-run rally in that 4th inning was with two out! Now talk about sticking a dagger in and breaking it off! Randy didn't pitch great (just ask the Flyin' Hawaiian), but pitched well enough to get win #290, plus he delivered that HUGE hit. Grace said he has no chance of winning #300 this year. No chance? Gracie needs to pull out a schedule and count possible starts. I'm not saying he will his #300 this year, but if he gets on a roll and gets a win in each start, it will happen. Yes, it's a reach, I know.
I was surprised Rosales was brought in after throwing two innings last night. Owings pitched very well, too. I was waiting for them to let the Phillies back in the game, but it didn't happen. :)

And maybe Melvin found a lineup he can stick with for more than one game. :lol:

LA lost AGAIN. So now it's a .500 record for that D-backs AND a two-game lead. :grabs:

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
But, we're going to lost our next game anyways, so....But yeah, maybe we can win TWO in a row? Still good to see that the D-Backs won and RJ had a big game...OFFENSIVELY. And got #290.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Can't wait until today's game. Should be a good one, but will have to listen to a few innings at work so hopefully the boss isn't there until later. :)

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
i am at work - what happened? And Hudson got thrown out at second??

Drew was on second, Jackson on first, Hudson hit it to the wall, the center fielder couldn't catch it, Drew hesitated a bit then went to third. The commentators deduced that Hale stopped Drew at third. Jackson went back to second as the throw came into home. Hudson slipped trying to stop and go back to first, so he got caught in a pickle. Drew would have scored easily on the play.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew was on second, Jackson on first, Hudson hit it to the wall, the center fielder couldn't catch it, Drew hesitated a bit then went to third. The commentators deduced that Hale stopped Drew at third. Jackson went back to second as the throw came into home. Hudson slipped trying to stop and go back to first, so he got caught in a pickle. Drew would have scored easily on the play.

Crap...

Very poor base-running.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's a tough call regarding Chip Hale. He's criticized for sending them. He's criticized for holding them up. But yes, he has screwed up on recent calls.

So he's proven himself in the organization as an effective dynamic Manager and not as a 3B coach.

Hey, why don't we switch him and Melvin? :rolleyes:

But I'd be willing to betcha that, with Melvin's passiveness and inconsistency, we'd be wishing for a new 3B coach before long.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. More screwups. Still, a 3-3 road trip and sole posession of first place at the break. Did the Dodgers lose?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got back home from a barbecue so I only got to see the first two innings this morning. I the game recap and it looks like the Diamondbacks outplayed the Phillies but one really bad inning cost them.

I have not seen replays but it looks like Chip should get blamed if Drew would of scored if he had sent him home. I personally like the third base coach being aggressive, but it looks like Hale screwed up on this one.

I also read that the Diamondbacks had first and second with no outs and had Jackson bunting. I hate when they do this because it seems too many times they advance the runners, they still don't get them in. CoJack is their best contact hitter and in my opinion, they are just throwing away an out with him bunting. Melvin should read Money Ball.

It looks like this team is in need for some relief pitching. Hopefully Cruz will be healthy soon because I think he is now the club's setup man. I have no faith in Qualls or Pena and both should be sent to Tucson.

This weekend series against the Dodgers is so big. The guys will have some days off to get ready and hopefully playing at home to start the 2nd half will result in wins.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson was trying to bunt for a base hit on that play, it wasn't a called sacrifice.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson was trying to bunt for a base hit on that play, it wasn't a called sacrifice.

Okay, I just read he bunted. I would rather have Jackson swing in that situation and have guys like Drew and Young bunt when the opposition is not really expecting.

By the way, CBS Sportsline is saying the Diamondbacks are one of a few teams interested in Teixeira. I say no to that because he would cost a lot and he is a free agent after this year. Plus, many believe he will sign with Baltimore after the year.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/trades/onblock

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
Another decent game by a starter is wasted and the D-backs keep losing games while Qualls tries to figure out what has been wrong with his delivery. He says he is throwing his regular stuff, OK, then he needs to get with Price and figure out what is the deal here and figure it out fast. Othewise, Melvin will keep throwing him out there, trying to get value for Josh Byrnes' mistake.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05