D Washington signs new 6 year deal

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No. He has four years left on his high first round contract. Not 2 years left on a 2nd round deal.

Also, and element of the new CBA is that you can't extend a rookie contract until it's third or fourth season, IIRC.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
everyone on the starting D is under contract through next year, with the exception of Paris Lenon

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super excited about this!

In my IDP league, I drafted PP21, Calais and Wash. The three best guys on the Cards D. :D

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I applaud the move. Certainly it differs from teams in the past. And I go back to 1964. But, with great money comes great expectations (something like that). D Wash and C Camp have to take the next steps.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

Daryl Washington's contract includes $32m in new money, according to league source. #AZCards

The money sounds very reasonable so far. It will be interesting to see the guarantees.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great News!

This team is potentially a very competitive team. The only achilles heel I see is the o-line as many on here have already pointed out. Next year should be completely focused on upgrading the talent-level.

It is very satisfying to see the Cards front office being so aggressive these days. Many on here thought, myself included, that Campbell would be gone. Thought the same about D-Wash. Happy to be wrong on both counts. It sounds like many players genuinely want to stay in Arizona. WOW!!!!! :D

Mark in SC :D GO CARDS! :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I talked to my agent and told him I wanted to be here a long time, even when I first came in,” said Washington, recipient of a new six-year contract Thursday that puts him under wraps through the 2017 season. “Adrian Wilson was the first person I talked to and I talked to him about the things it took to stay in the league a long time, and that I wanted to be a Cardinal. I love the people who are here, and this is just a great feeling.”

Thats just good stuff right there. This organization is changing that much is very clear!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wash is 6 foot ten killing seahawks for fun, *******.

I absolutely love that guy, and his speed..damn.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to DWash. Big thanks to Michael and the entire FO and coaching staff.

Michael has dragged this org. into the modern day NFL and coach Whiz has helped create a culture that has created a team first mentality.

Neither had enough time to create this culture before we had the max exodus of talent leave in 2010 (?), Rolle, Dansby and Boldin.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Great job by the Cardinals front office in locking this outstanding young talent up for the long-term. The tide has definitely turned, both with players wanting to be a Cardinal AND the Cardinals reciprocating by 'showing them the money.'

Kudos to Whis for creating an atmosphere that makes key players like Calais, Larry and Dwash want to stay beyond their rookie deals, and kudos to the Rod and the front office for making it happen.

Now finish the job by upgrading the offensive line. ;)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neither had enough time to create this culture before we had the max exodus of talent leave in 2010 (?), Rolle, Dansby and Boldin.

Rolle was overrated. He is good for big plays or big blunders. Theres no inbetween. Our D calls for consistent play. Kerry Rhodes is an excellent replacement.

It wouldve been nice to have both DWash and Dansby in the same LB corps, but we couldnt afford Dansby. Isnt he 2nd or 3rd to PWillis in MLB getting paid? With Larry on the payroll, you gotta pick your players.

Boldin was getting old and disgruntled. For that trade we got Andre Roberts and OBS. Not bad, IMO, especially if OBS pans out to be a great pass rusher.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rolle was overrated. He is good for big plays or big blunders. Theres no inbetween. Our D calls for consistent play. Kerry Rhodes is an excellent replacement.

It wouldve been nice to have both DWash and Dansby in the same LB corps, but we couldnt afford Dansby. Isnt he 2nd or 3rd to PWillis in MLB getting paid? With Larry on the payroll, you gotta pick your players.

Boldin was getting old and disgruntled. For that trade we got Andre Roberts and OBS. Not bad, IMO, especially if OBS pans out to be a great pass rusher.

Boldin was disgruntle and became a total opposite of the character he once was for the team. Come on, your on a team you have suffered with like since forever and you finally win the NFC Championship and you just walk off like a little cry baby seeking attention? Now as far as getting old, yes getting old and still very very good at what he does. But we did as good as one can expect because the Q was leaving regardless of what the offer would have been in my opinion.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

You either pay with dollars or you pay with losses. And did we ever pay with losses. But just two years later it looks like the Defense has been rebuilt better than before.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I prefer Rhodes over Rolle as well. I still miss Dansby as he was a captain/leader/joker-wild card that DC's could do just about anything with.

I was not happy how things turned out with Boldin but that goes to my point. With all these guys they didn't feel the connection/love from the Org. and it's why they all left.

Now we have players lining up to stay a Cardinal. Now they are saying they really wanted to stay a Cardinal and it sounds sincere.

Rolle, Dansby & Boldin were drafted by previous regimes and the culture wasn't in place to get their minds right. Docket, Fitz & Adub are simply different dudes and have more of a loyalty gene if you will.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05