Daily News Article about the KT/Q trade.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not posting this now to get into another argument. I had most of this post written much earlier in the day, and I forgot to post it.

sunsfn said:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Take it easy man. People are entitled to change their opinions.
------------------------------------------------------------

Joe, you are right about the people are entitled to change their opinions.
But, I was just expressing my opinion on that the suns should think about trading Q to help this team in the long run, and you jumped all over me!!
Instead of just disagreeing with me, you made it sound like I was some dumb jerk that did not know what he was talking about.

-------------------------------------------------
I already told coloradosun that he was right, and I was wrong. I'll do the same to you. You were right.
------------------------------------------

Yes you did, but at the time you just diagreed with coloradosun, you jumped all over me with the guarantee that the suns would not trade Q now or anytime soon crap.............(and you did not apologize to me back then)

I do not axcept your apology.............period!

Again, I'm sorry. Obviously you took this very personally, and I apologize. I did not need to make it sound like you are a dumb jerk that did not know what you were talking about. I was sure that the Phoenix Suns would not trade Q so soon, and I was wrong.

I spent some time this morning looking for a thread where this happened. I did a search of threads through the last six months. This is the best example I could find, and I didn't think I was out of line at all. My strongest statement about Q being traded is in the last post of the thread, and I think it is quite clear that I am talking specifically about here being traded during the season. I also qualified it by saying that it would take a deal that was just too good to pass.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46422&highlight=Richardson

sunsfn said:
You an I go way back to arguing about Marion not worth his salary and then realizing that there are many others over paid more than him that are not as good etc.

Yes, I was one of the people who said that I did not think Shawn Marion was worth a maximum contract. I also said that last season he was proving me wrong and playing up to or near to the level of his contract. There were several other people just today posting that he still wasn't worth a maximum contract. I was making that argument most strongly during and right after the 2003-04 season where he really struggled with his jump shot. This had nothing to do with your argument that many others are overpaid. I've never bought into that argument.

sunsfn said:
I have stated many times that Sarver screwed up in not signing JJ and you have argued many times with me about that.

At the time they did not re-sign JJ I thought it was the correct decision. Of course I realized that it could come back to bite the Phoenix Suns in the butt. I thought it was a good decision at the time because I did not think that he had proven he was worth any more than $45 million. I thought there was a very good chance that if they had signed him to a big contract you would not live up to it. Obviously I wish we could go back and get JJ wrapped up for the $50 million now. I still think it was the correct move at the time .

sunsfn said:
Now you conveniently change your mind about the Q trade and say you just did not think the suns had the balls to do that.

Here is the entire quote from my last post...

Take it easy man. People are entitled to change their opinions. Besides, it was in my opinion that changed so much. I was just wrong about what the Phoenix Suns would do. If you remember, I was one of the biggest opponents to signing Q before free agency started last summer.

First of all, let me apologize for my voice recognition error. That should say, "Take it easy man. People are entitled to change their opinions. Besides, it wasn't my opinion that changed so much..."

I thought I made it clear several times throughout the season and lately that it wasn't about whether I thought the Phoenix Suns would be better off trading Q. I just didn't think they would do it. I did not think it was a good idea, especially during the season when Colorado wanted to make the deal initially, to trade someone that had just been signed.

I argued most vigorously that the Phoenix Suns would not make the deal during the season when things were going so well. That is what was argued more than anything, and I was right about that. They did not trade him during the season. I had recently softened by views on whether or not Q would be traded this summer, mostly because of JJ's status. Everyone knows that I've worried for a while about the possibility that JJ could want to go somewhere else. With Q out of the picture that opens up more shots in the starting lineup for JJ as well as Shawn Marion.

If you find posts or threads where I was rude to you or treated you like a jerk who doesn't know anything please show them to me. The one I posted above was the only one I could find.

Joe Mama

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chainthroer said:
Suns front office did not look good here, especially after giving away the #7 pick last year!
When you do a trade, make sure it's a done deal! Letting Isaih waffle, just put Brian in a cage.
Two thrown away first roung picks in a row. No wonder Chapman split!! :shrug:

Just what I was thinking too. Brian blew this one big time.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chainthroer said:
Suns front office did not look good here, especially after giving away the #7 pick last year!
When you do a trade, make sure it's a done deal! Letting Isaih waffle, just put Brian in a cage.
Two thrown away first roung picks in a row. No wonder Chapman split!! :shrug:

Chapman split because he's getting more money and a promotion. It had nothing to do with his say in the draft

sunsfn

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Chapman split because he's getting more money and a promotion. It had nothing to do with his say in the draft

Chapman split because of a problem with the suns. He did not have this job before he split accorging to all reports.

He is just a consultant, not the GM like some reported.