Dallas @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sunday April 1, 2007 - 12:30PM (3:30PM ET) ABC

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Its not baseball, players don't just get games off, especially not this game. His shoulder as others have mentioned must've been bad enough to rest him just to 'make sure' for the playoffs. Also, this gives the Mavs/Mavs fans/idiots on TV another way to say "well the Mavs didnt have X, so it wasn't fair."

I disagree entirely, no one in the league is going to beat the Suns at their own game over a 7 game series. Even if Diaw and Marion are up and down. I think the way to beat Phoenix is to beat the snot out of them, rebound, defend, etc. It can be done, beating them by running and shooting? I don't think so.
no it's not baseball, but we are at the end of the season. Avery has said that he will try and rest his players down the stretch without mailing it in. I don't know what idiots are blaming the loss on dampier not being there. that's like saying raja bell is the X factor for an NBA title. I never heard anything about an injury to dampier..... so that's something that i assumed avery may have done. I thought it also gave the mavs a chance to see how diop can contribute in large stretches. Dampier will be a big factor against phoenix in the playoffs because he is the mavs best offensive threat at the center position. I think Diop is more athletic than damp and may match up better in defending amare, but he does nothing for the mavs at the offensive end like damp can. Avery also gave dirk the game off last night in sacto. I'm sure if it were a playoff game damp would have started the game.

Last edited:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
How about we talk about the take down that Stackhouse put on LB 8 seconds later... I notice that they ignore that replay when showing Dirk's ankle twist. To be honest, Dirk's injury was due to accident (Shawn had his back to him for crying out loud) - Stackhouse could have really hurt LB - it was a legit take down. I thought it was very obvious that Stack did that in retaliation... I was hoping to get replay to confirm or destroy my suspicions, but they failed to show it in detail.

BTW, did every notice that Dirk missed his shot, while LB nailed his? Coincidence? I don’t think so... considering it was the 4th.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I disagree entirely, no one in the league is going to beat the Suns at their own game over a 7 game series. Even if Diaw and Marion are up and down. I think the way to beat Phoenix is to beat the snot out of them, rebound, defend, etc. It can be done, beating them by running and shooting? I don't think so.
we'll see. Usually championship teams are capable of playing any style they need to.