Damien Anderson

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about you actually reply to the TOPIC. You're saying Shipp and Scobey's talent levels are the same because people doubted both of them. Care to respond to THAT?

Stout....all I said was that this whole topic is very very similar to the situation two years ago, when Pittman left for Tampa. TJ was designated the starter with Shipp his backup, going into the 2002 season. At that point, just about everyone and their dog was ragging on Mac and the Cards because...as the common line seemed to be....Shipp had shown nothing, no experience...nadda.

Shipp ended up taking the starting job away from TJ and answered a lot of those critics in regard to his previously "showing little".

The present bagging on Scobey is almost word for word "deja vu" of that.

I said nothing what-so-ever about the relative "talent levels" of either Shipp or Scobey. It is a fact, not conjecture that Shipp and Scobey are literally the same size, however no two backs are exactly alike. Shipp and Scobey are no exception.

Will Scobey's path now follow a similar one to Shipp's? Who knows. Only time will tell that.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oran said:
I would have never started this thread if I knew it was going to turn into a bitch fight between two insecure, immature adults.

I call BS - We all know the single reason you started this thread was because it would turn into a bitch fight between two insecure immature adults. :D

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Oh what tangled webs we weave....and what short memories we have....

Flashback to two years ago. Everyone and their dog is ragging on Mac and the Cards because they are going into the season having designated Marcel Shipp as the starter, and all are harping on how Shipp has proven absolutely nothing, has no experience, etc, etc, etc.

....oh what short memories we have.

:shrug:

Good point.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Stout....all I said was that this whole topic is very very similar to the situation two years ago, when Pittman left for Tampa. TJ was designated the starter with Shipp his backup, going into the 2002 season. At that point, just about everyone and their dog was ragging on Mac and the Cards because...as the common line seemed to be....Shipp had shown nothing, no experience...nadda.

Shipp ended up taking the starting job away from TJ and answered a lot of those critics in regard to his previously "showing little".

The present bagging on Scobey is almost word for word "deja vu" of that.

I said nothing what-so-ever about the relative "talent levels" of either Shipp or Scobey. It is a fact, not conjecture that Shipp and Scobey are literally the same size, however no two backs are exactly alike. Shipp and Scobey are no exception.

Will Scobey's path now follow a similar one to Shipp's? Who knows. Only time will tell that.

See, this is good stuff. It makes sense. It's well presented. And I'm not bagging on Scobey personally, just wondering why he's being annointed as a good RB already by some without ever proving it.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
Stout said:
O, what irrelevencies we spew...Marcel Shipp has WHAT to do with Scobey again? :shrug: I'm not saying Scobey isn't good, Tango. I'm just wondering why people are bagging on Anderson, who has PROVEN he can play in an NFL game, and are so high on Scobey, who has shown nothing outside of KR duties.

So what if Shipp can play? It's apples and oranges to mention this when discussing Shipp. By this same rationale, Joe Schmo could walk in off the street and, since people don't think he can succeed, he will. Your logic is flawed, to say the least.

Ooops - Good point here too. Should have read the whole thread before posting.

Even though this thread degenerated into a bitch fight, it was still interesting and fun. :thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
Oran said:
I would have never started this thread if I knew it was going to turn into a bitch fight between two insecure, immature adults.

Oran, I understand the frustration over the argument, but please don't call me insecure (as you cannot know how wrong you are) or immature, as I am neither. I do apologize for allowing Tango to bug me, but that's all it is. I should not rise to his bait.

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
It just sucks to see someone wrote something new in a good thread, and then find out it's meaningless insults and banter. I know it can get heated, but come on, we're all adults. (Except for Arthurraccoon who is still in High School.)

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
The reason DG likes Scobey is his speed. Scobey is a decent sized back who is among the 3 fastest guys on the team. That in itself will get him an oppurtunity to strut his stuff.

Stout

Reaction score
Harpo said:
The reason DG likes Scobey is his speed. Scobey is a decent sized back who is among the 3 fastest guys on the team. That in itself will get him an oppurtunity to strut his stuff.

He's on the roster. By all means, he certainly should get a chance to prove himself as a RB. I hope he becomes all-world, myself, but I won't hold my breath.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05