DBacks Claim Cirillo And BK Kim Off Waivers

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- The D-backs claimed infielder Jeff Cirillo from the Twins on Friday.
The 37-year-old was hitting .261 with nine doubles, two homers and 21 RBIs in 50 games for the Twins while playing first and third base as well as some time at designated hitter.

Cirillo began his Major League career with the Brewers in 1994, and in 1,589 career Major League at-bats, he has a .297 batting average.

When Cirillo reports, the D-backs will have to make room on their 25-man roster for him.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Interesting! Kim will be the #5 starter, I'm guessing.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I was a Kim fan in '01, but right now he's just not good. He might do better than one of the younger guys though.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kim just had a good outing like 2 nights ago

HooverDam

Reaction score
I love BK Kim! I don't care if he's not what he once was, he's so damned lovable.

EDIT: Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, I just checked Kim's stats. He gets strike outs but he walks nearly 5 guys a game :shock:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
So what the heck happened with Kim. I was thinking maybe when he screwed up in the World Series that could've hurt him, but I see that the next year was the best of his career. He's only 28 so what was his problem?

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Well with such an odd release point, he's always had control issues. Plus I think a lot of those pitchers with weird release points are in some ways "gimmick" pitchers, once the league figures out what the heck is going on, they can hit him.

I think he can still be a very valuable #5 starter type of guy.

Not when he gives up homers in crucial times, no I dont..

Bah, it was part of BKs master plan so that we could win at home. I can't really be mad at him since 'we' won the series. Now if the Dbacks ended up losing, sure I'd probably hate him, but since we won, all is forgotten.

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
YUK. I hope no one in the FO misthinks this would please the fans like bringing RJ home did. I wouldn't put BK ahead of any of our young starters.

So who'll get knocked off the 25-man? Maybe put Tracy on the DL? That would explain Cirillo, maybe.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is Cirillo defensive minded? I can't think we brought him in for his bat

HooverDam

Reaction score
YUK. I hope no one in the FO misthinks this would please the fans like bringing RJ home did. I wouldn't put BK ahead of any of our young starters.

So who'll get knocked off the 25-man? Maybe put Tracy on the DL? That would explain Cirillo, maybe.

Maybe Im weird, but I'm equally excited about BK. He has a small contract, unlike Randy, doesn't have terrible health issues, and he's young. He could realistically get better and be a nice piece.

I would think Oggie Ojeda (sp) will get sent back down, and maybe Tracy goes to the DL, or Nippert or whoever has the worst numbers in their bullpen gets sent down to make room for Kim. And as unreliable as Davis and Livo have been, if Kim can pitch as well as he did over his last 5 or so starts, thats a huge steal.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do not get the BK thing at all.

Cirillo? Eh...ok. I gotta think that Tracy is going on the DL with this move. It is clear Tracy is hurting. He was grimacing during his home run trot the other night.

I do not follow the Sidewinders at all. Is there not an IF down there to come up if they put Tracy on DL?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Jesus, that is damn ridiculous.

I HATE BK.

Why? He has a batting average against of like .230, if he can get his walks down, he's quite good. Over the last 7 games, his ERA is 3.38, thats damned good. He's young, and could improve, plus, he's barely going to cost the team anything.

I don't see ANY reason to get upset about what is at worst a bad insurance plan, and at best, a pretty solid 4th or 5th starter.

Its an insurance policy, Randy is done for the year, every Dbacks starter but Webb has been inconsistent, he can be a good arm for long relief, he has a cheap, short contract. Whats not to get?

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cirillo? Eh...ok. I gotta think that Tracy is going on the DL with this move. It is clear Tracy is hurting. He was grimacing during his home run trot the other night.

I do not follow the Sidewinders at all. Is there not an IF down there to come up if they put Tracy on DL?
Alberto Callaspo would be the one to get a call up from Tucson.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm pissed about this - Kim has done really well for the marlins - doesn't even look like it's a waiver trade - just gave him up

so basically the marlins gave up petit to get julio, then shipped julio to get kim and then gave kim to the d'backs

so you end up getting petit & kim for julio - not bad