DBacks Claim Cirillo And BK Kim Off Waivers

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The pennant? You've got high hopes indeed! I'd be thrilled w/ the NL West crown or even the Wild Card.

All the top NL teams are in a tight little group...no team is far ahead so it's not an impossible feat to accomplish. I'd also be happy with the playoffs, but they have a chance.

HooverDam

Reaction score
All the top NL teams are in a tight little group...no team is far ahead so it's not an impossible feat to accomplish. I'd also be happy with the playoffs, but they have a chance.

I just don't think the Dbacks stand a very good chance in a playoff series due to, 1. not having anything stellar after Webb in the starting 5 (Davis and Livo are nice, but it seems in the playoffs you need a 1-2 punch), 2. the rely on a ton of youth. I can't imagine them winning 2 playoff series' this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a good point... although, I think I would rather have our young guys get a taste of the postseason this year, and have BK blow it, than have our guys miss the playoffs after beingb in a tight race basically the entire season....

Upton, Young, Jackson, Drew, Reynolds, I think if we did get the the postseason, any one of them could go off, and have a Carlos Beltron type Playoffs, IMO... Especially someone like Chris Young...

But I share your nightmares of BK.... My only hope... (perhaps Prayer) he has grown a bit, and can become a solid 5th starter, maybe winning 4-5 games the rest of the way, and helping us win the pennant...

actually, best case scenario is he can become a solid 5th starter, helping us clinch the playoffs and then he gets injured right before the playoffs so he can get nowhere near the mound once the pressure mounts.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
You know he did make some big saves for us that year too right? Like the save that won us the 2nd round and he did well the series before... it was just two games...He had 2 great YEARS with us as the closer. He won't be a guy who's in on late inning close games anyway so I don't care if he's still pitching during the postseason.

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up Cirillo was the move that confused me a little. When I heard he had been picked up I assumed that Tracy was headed for the DL due to his knee issues but he started last night. Adding Cirillo makes eight infielders with only three outfielders, meaning that our back ups in the outfield are Reynolds and Jackson.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does this thread need to be revisited? Why the Dbacks thought it wise to place Kim in the rotation was beyond me then and it still is. I was ok with the idea he was a bullpen guy and an insurance policy but nobody should be surprised by the output here.