xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not happy about this. De Los Santos is my favorite prospect in the minors. Only turned 21 in June and has been killing upper level pitching. DH or 1B only but damn dude was killing balls

JerkFace

Reaction score
Not happy about this. De Los Santos is my favorite prospect in the minors. Only turned 21 in June and has been killing upper level pitching. DH or 1B only but damn dude was killing balls

He was definitely mashing, and I was super happy when Cleveland had to return him, but getting a top left handed reliever who we have under contract for 2 1/2 more years makes it (hopefully) worth it.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I’m guessing there is something going on with de Los santos we don’t know about.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Yeah I’m guessing there is something going on with de Los santos we don’t know about.
Yea, I was super shocked when we made him available in the Rule 5 draft. In a sense he was kinda house money coming back.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I think this team should trade whatever they need to in order to get a bat like Vlad Jr.

Hear me out:

He is the DH against lefties and plays 3rd against righties. Suarez plays third against lefties and defensive substitution.

Trade Grichuk for a relief arm upgrade over Castro.

Walker is a free agent and next Vlad Jr plays first.

The main thing though is he is the consistent stud bat we need. He is damn near must see tv. He brings star power that will bring attention to the Dbacks and increase revenue. More revenue equals more quality players and consistent competitive teams.

Same reason I thought the Dbacks should have done whatever they needed to do to get Shohei. Value on the field is great but the star power is even greater.

Not sure what the package would look like but my guess is something like this:

Druw Jones OF
Jordan Lawler SS
Ryne Nelson RHP
Jake McCarthy OF
Pavin Smith OF/1B

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is struggling for sure. Need our other guys to get back asap

I do not want Crotchet at all though.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah , I think he’s still hurting to be honest. However the offseason is different.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I think this team should trade whatever they need to in order to get a bat like Vlad Jr.

Hear me out:

He is the DH against lefties and plays 3rd against righties. Suarez plays third against lefties and defensive substitution.

The main thing though is he is the consistent stud bat we need. He is damn near must see tv. He brings star power that will bring attention to the Dbacks and increase revenue. More revenue equals more quality players and consistent competitive teams.

Same reason I thought the Dbacks should have done whatever they needed to do to get Shohei. Value on the field is great but the star power is even greater.

Druw Jones OF
Jordan Lawler SS
Ryne Nelson RHP
Jake McCarthy OF
Pavin Smith OF/1B

I think we’ve scored more runs than any other team in the NL. Hitting isn’t our problem we can’t hold on to a lead to save our life.

We desperately need pitching.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see them try and get Erick Fedde.

Also, does anyone know when Kelly and Rodriguez could be available?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I would like to see them try and get Erick Fedde.

Also, does anyone know when Kelly and Rodriguez could be available?
They mentioned yesterday that both will throw a bullpen session today, before the game. Looking at Early to Mid August for both. Om guessing they will throw 2-3 sessions each and then be evaluated for a minor league rehab assignment.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hear me out:

Druw Jones OF
Jordan Lawler SS
Ryne Nelson RHP
Jake McCarthy OF
Pavin Smith OF/1B

I am sure you only need to do one of Lawlar or Jones. No one trades two top 20 prospects anymore no matter the star power.

They are absolutely overloaded at SS/2B.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I am sure you only need to do one of Lawlar or Jones. No one trades two top 20 prospects anymore no matter the star power.

They are absolutely overloaded at SS/2B.
McCarthy should be off the table, IMO....they need a reliable left handed bat who can hit lefties. Nobody else in the team is as consistent as Jake.