FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Our pitching sucks for the last 2 days.

Tomorrow is RJ vs Todd Wellemeyer.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
If Wellemeyer owns us then I'll get upset. Who's Wellemeyer? I'd like us not to throw away our chance at the division before the break...

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
We avoided a June swoon, not we have to try not to die in July. :(

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a difference a day - and a bad pitcher - makes. 6-0 DBacks in the top of the third. Three home runs already (Tracy, Young, and Reynolds)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not watching the game - at work. Does Hairston deserve a demotion for his double-play off of second base on a fly ball to center? How egregious was it?

Nasser22

Reaction score
Will it was a very nice play by Taguchi. I say no, but I'm a forgiving person.

I didn't watch the last 2 games, we get blown out. I watch today and we kick ass. Your'e welcome. :p

Nasser22

Reaction score
Great double play right there. Hudson deserves an extension. :) Petit is pitching very well. He may actually give us a good amount of innings and that would be a nice change.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They sure did pull Petit quickly.... Pujols owned him going 3-3

overall he got the job done tonight, better than Jorge Julio would have done

Nasser22

Reaction score
It is so nice to be winning again. Those 2-3 losses were horrible. :)

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Congrats to our New Unit! :p Hopefully these bats stick around for a while.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
glad the dbacks won today couldnt watch the game today but glad our offense finally showed up this series and our pitching to go with it :) good win to stay in the race and its always good not to get a sweep

Nasser22

Reaction score
We've been getting some great defense lately. I'm really lovin' it. Hairston stopped a run, or more in that inning with the diving catch. 2-1 D-Backs, 4 more innings left.

Nasser22

Reaction score
That's some funny stuff right there, pose for a picture while on deck and then he hits a homer and gets a standing O from that fan. That was unexpected. Now that is how you earn a win if he does get it.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
4-2 now as Chris Duncan homers. Duncan and Hairston played on the same high school baseball team in Tucson(CDO). They won the state title.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Now he gives up two home runs...it would be nice if he can get through the inning.

Edit: Very nice start by Livo, he's starting to pitch like he did earlier this season. We need that from him.

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Livo hands back what he took, but he at least got through 7 without a crooked number.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have I ever said how much I dislike Tracy? He is, more often than not, a rally-killer. Two on, no outs, double play. Everything about the guy exudes laziness.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And thar she blows.... Tied up at 4, no outs in the bottom of the 8th.

Make that 5-4, no outs, bottom of the 8th. This would have been a good win for Livo, but again that concentration lapse kills him. Hits a two-run homer, give two homers right back! They needed this win, because SD and LA get to stay home at the moment and widen their lead(s). And by most counts they should of won, up 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th.

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully a positive jinks is in place to make my previous post moot. Drew leads off with a double. At least Tracy is not for a while in the rotation...

Uh Melvin, I would rather of had Hairston hit. That was a pretty poor effort by Ojeda there. Wow. So now Montero will try to swing for the fence because they didn't move Drew over. BB 101, Melvin!

And if the fundamentals don't work out, there is always Clark. :bang:

A defeat from the jaws of victory there! Too bad. 5-4 Cards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05